Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Keep Storm away from the SHIELD book. Why do characters I like have to be involved in crap like that?

Soule said each issue has a different tone, and issue #2 is somewhat akin to Wolverine in a James Bond movie. "Just because it's the 'Death of Wolverine,' and you know that's going to happen, doesn't mean that you can't have fun along the way," Soule said.
    No, the fact that it will be awfull is why we can't have fun along the way.
    Dude, you're writing a book where the outcome was decided a long time before you were brought into the project! Stop pretending it has any merits or that you have a say in anything that happens in it.

In a panel announcement, Soule is also writing the five-issue "Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program" miniseries, which is set to springboard off the long history Wolverine has with the Weapon X program. Marts advised Soule not to talk too much about it right now, but look for more on CBR in the very near future.
    Oh Jesus! Marvel can't stop milking Wolverine even after they kill him!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyBird View Post
    Well, yeah. It is.

Any fan could have told you that comic wasnt going to last. And if we knew it they did too. So why publish something that won't last? Why not put the money and effort into something that will? Like getting Kieron Gillon a really good artist for Iron Man, someone with skill and staying power.

There's thing all consuming belief that quantity is somehow better than quality. And that is almost never EVER the case.
    Exactly. Which is why I'd rather a great short run than an average one that never ends. Not saying Thunderbolts in particular was great, but it was pretty damn good when Charles Soule was writing it.

And Gillen did have some consistent artists on Iron Man, I don't think the art was really a problem for that book. Besides he chose to leave to do Darth Vader anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Keep Storm away from the SHIELD book. Why do characters I like have to be involved in crap like that?
    Maybe because Mark Waid has a cool idea about a Storm/SHIELD team-up story he wants to write? Maybe because Marvel wants to promote Storm some more? Bigger question is why do you even care? Just don't read it, if you've (somehow) already decided its ****.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Maybe because Mark Waid has a cool idea about a Storm/SHIELD team-up story he wants to write?
    Sure he does! Afterall, people allways have great ideas for Storm, of the x-books. Her stepfordwifization in Black Panther and her stint in the Avengers were just amazing, weren't they?

Maybe because Marvel wants to promote Storm some more? Bigger question is why do you even care? Just don't read it, if you've (somehow) already decided its ****.
    Me not reading it wont prevent her from being in the book, wich was what I was complaining about in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Maybe because Mark Waid has a cool idea about a Storm/SHIELD team-up story he wants to write? Maybe because Marvel wants to promote Storm some more? Bigger question is why do you even care? Just don't read it, if you've (somehow) already decided its ****.
    I don't know if I would read to much into Storm appearing there. You've also got white Cap and male Thor. I think the image is just to show that the SHIELD team will be teaming up with people from all corners of Marvel.

That said, I do believe that Storm will probably end up joining the Avengers as one of the new members after Axis.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    She is a Mary Sue Its her name and also she really is on. I mean she is so good she hacked into Sheild from offsite even stark had to be on a helicarrier to do that
    "oh no! Someone in a comic book did something unbelievable!"

Seriously, when I see a complaint like this, I just start laughing. xD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "oh no! Someone in a comic book did something unbelievable!"

Seriously, when I see a complaint like this, I just start laughing. xD
    No the point is I am suppose to believe she is better then Tony Stark with computers that is a bridge too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yes, and of course by "mary sue" you actually mean " a character that I don't like." Seriously, you shouldn't throw out tired buzz words when you clearly have no idea what they actually mean. Oh and "shoehorned," Black Nick Fury maybe. But Coulson, yeah no.
    There is a sub-definition of Mary-sue. "A minority character who I don't like". that applies to Skye

BANNED

BS. U can hate a character without being racist or sexist. Besides she is pretty darn white passing.

Not to mention I think Ward is worse then Skye and have said so multiple times. Usually I refer to him as a cardboard cutout.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

i don't get it, the Agents of SHIELD characters will be introduced in the 616 Marvel Universe?
    or this is set in the same Marvel Cinematic Universe??
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by santino27 View Post
    i.e. SHIELD: Heroes for Hire
    Or Secret Defenders. Or the Waid/Perez Brave and the Bold.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    While she is in the promo art she (as well as many of the other characters) are not mentioned at all in the article itself so we have no definitive proof she is indeed appearing in a SHIELD-oriented title. Even if she does, we'll have to see what level of appearance it will be.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    No the point is I am suppose to believe she is better then Tony Stark with computers that is a bridge too far.
    I'd believe that Skye's better than Stark at hacking. Stark's forte is in engineering and building stuff, not computer security. Now if it was Doug Ramsey....

By the way, Ming Na should hold out for Alan Davis if Melinda May appears in SHIELD (Of course, if Greg Land was handling the book, all he'd do is trace from her PR photos, so I guess she wouldn't mind....)

BANNED

I am so happy that Storm is in it. I mean, I know Storm showing up on covers are usually just being a background character or just doing something little. But I hope she'll really do something and finally shows up on the tv series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I am so happy that Storm is in it. I mean, I know Storm showing up on covers are usually just being a background character or just doing something little. But I hope she'll really do something and finally shows up on the tv series.
    Fox still has the rights to the X-Men's cinematic appearances, so I would not hold on to that hope, I'm sorry to say.