Default Killer Bee Challenge 2: "Human" Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Humans need a "Magneto"- The Zealot groups like the Purifiers and Reavers work. But it would even better with a group you would understand or sympathize with and kinda root for them. It is easy when humans are the villains. But what happens when they have a legit point? Legit human group that clash with X-men and Mutants they are not bigoted, but practical would be interesting and compelling sympathetic person leading would help.
    Spinning out of the crazy idea thread, Killer Bee lists some practical solutions that sound more like suggestions. I feel each could or should be debated individually rather than in the context of "simple ideas" to freshen the entire franchise. Any thoughts on who could represent the human side of the conflict? Cameron Hodge, Bolivar Trask, William Stryker, John Sublime, Senator Kelly, Graydon Creed?

BANNED

People here get pissed at the idea of an antagonist having legit points against mutants because that would be like giving racists/homophobes "a point" agains the people they hate, which is foolish.

Anyway, I think a "toned down" version of Stryker works. I like the religious angle and it would be interesting seeing it on an enemy with a more reasonable approach that's more like "we have to keep ourselves safe because the moment another like Magneto snaps, he'll come for us with the rest of them will come along" instead of "kill all muties".

You could also go the route Bunn went, in his Magneto series, with those people who wanted to use sentinels as only guards, not mutant hunters, to protect communities. I thought that was cool, but it was never approached again. Have someone that's like a Tony Stark and just creates tech to protect small communities or people in poor/ravaged by war countries and hasn't a personal vendetta against mutants, just misguided intentions.

BANNED

Humans need a lex luthor, nuff said