Default Batgirl #30 discussion thread (ships early January 2019)

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Due to the 4th Tuesday of December falling on December 26th (the day after Christmas), there will not be any new issue of Batgirl this December (2018). Instead, issue #30 is currently due out for January 2nd (2019) while issue #31 is suppose to ship for January 30th (the 5th Wednesday of the month).

BATGIRL #30
    You can take the Batgirl out of Gotham City, but you can’t take Gotham out of the Batgirl! Politics gets personal as the race for Congress in Gotham City heats up, leading to civil unrest in Barbara’s new neighborhood—as a new villain begins to make themselves known!
    Art & Cover by: Norm Rapmund, Paul Pelletier
    Variant cover by: Joshua Middleton
    Written by: Mairghread Scott
    U.S. Cover Price: $3.99
    On Sale Date: Jan 2 2019
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batgirl-2016/batgirl-30

variant cover:

Thats a hell of a variant.

The weird thing is, as interesting as Joshua Middleton's variant covers have recently been, they just don't feel right to me for this series.

Now, maybe he would do better if they were variant covers on a Batwoman series . . .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Thats a hell of a variant.
    Yes, it is!

I wish I'd gotten that.

Good issue. I enjoyed the return of Jason Bard and Cormorant.

I enjoyed the art and the story.

I always get the variants of all of my DC titles and really like them. I really like this variant cover. I really liked the Catwoman variant for this month also.

I am liking Scott's writing so far. It's nice to see Commissioner Gordon in the title so much too. When she was in Burnside we didn't get to see him and have that dynamic very often.

I hope we get to see some new friends for Babs and characters now that Babs is volunteering for the campaign.

One thing I really like is that this isn't Batgirl, with an emphasis on the girl part. Scott writes Babs as experienced and mature, and acknowledges her history without letting it define her. I still vastly Babs as Oracle, but Scott still writes an excellent Babsgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    One thing I really like is that this isn't Batgirl, with an emphasis on the girl part. Scott writes Babs as experienced and mature, and acknowledges her history without letting it define her. I still vastly Babs as Oracle, but Scott still writes an excellent Babsgirl.
    Totally agree, Babs is more of a badass than a girl that is for sure.