Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    They'll probably ignore Kaldr's sexuality since it would get the movies banned in China if they addressed it.
    ?? I dont follow the comics, is he gay in the comics? In the cartoon (where he originated) he isn't so thats kind of weird...

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    ?? I dont follow the comics, is he gay in the comics? In the cartoon (where he originated) he isn't so thats kind of weird...
    The Rebirth version is gay.

I think there was teasing from Weisman and co. that cartoon Kaldur might be too, but it was never confirmed.

Interesting responses, folks!

I guess I should rephrase my original question:

Do you think that the renewed interest in Aquaman generated by the upcoming movie will, directly or indirectly, lead to more comic book projects for Aquaman with A-lister talent?

Could we see new award-winning continuity-adjacent epic stories like ALL-STAR AQUAMAN or THE SEA KING RETURNS?

Could we get AQUAMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, possibly on that new streaming service?

Maybe a video game?

Where is the limit for what doors this movie could open for the formerly-mocked superhero?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Rebirth version is gay.

I think there was teasing from Weisman and co. that cartoon Kaldur might be too, but it was never confirmed.
    Well Kaldur in YJ would be bi since he was in love with Tula.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

I'd like to think we'd get an Aquaman cartoon out of it, but with the way things are with Cartoon Network that's probably not doable...
    Freaking Harley Quinn got a Cartoon after WW's breakout, so the best you can expect will be a Mr. Freeze Cartoon or some BS like that XD...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Do you think that the renewed interest in Aquaman generated by the upcoming movie will, directly or indirectly, lead to more comic book projects for Aquaman with A-lister talent?

Could we see new award-winning continuity-adjacent epic stories like ALL-STAR AQUAMAN or THE SEA KING RETURNS?

Could we get AQUAMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, possibly on that new streaming service?

Maybe a video game?

Where is the limit for what doors this movie could open for the formerly-mocked superhero?
    Nope to be frank, WW is still the prime example how DC does these things. Arthur simply isn't Batman/Superman or currently the pet of some important person(like especially Green Lantern/Hal Jordan was).

As a new guy to aquaman I've got to say this. I Didnt care much before the movie beyond the basics though I was aware the Superfriends stuff was bullshit. The film though really got my interest up even though I know theres alot of differences in his personality to the point where (funds allowing) I'm going to pick up some trades.

Anyway on the beard/no beard front I'm fully on team beard. Curry has a strong pulp element to him with the whole "Long lost ruler of magic ancient kingdom" kind of thing, making him a bit shaggier and Conan esque adds a distinct flair over the "Clean cut white guys" the classic JLA is.

Astonishing Member

Maybe a video game?

I think its possible he'll get his own DC Animated Original Movie. I mean, 'Throne of Atlantis' was an JL movie that was Aquaman focused, but he could possibly get a solo outing, much like how Wonder Woman is getting one next year

I think an 'Earth One' OGN is already planned for Aquaman...that project might get some traction. And don't be surprised if it heavily draws from Momoa's take on the character. Maybe some other books or limited series along those lines could be possible.

I doubt there will be a full-fledged animated series. Quiet frankly, DC just doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of animated series now, apart from 'Justice League Action' and the 'Young Justice' revival. If DC starts doing more animated series again, I think a new Batman or Superman series, or even a new WW series, is likelier to be greenlit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With comic book Aquaman having amnesia I wonder if they’ll make his character less stoic and serious when he gains his memory back. Give him a little Momoa-like charm. I would hate for him to go full “Aqua-bro” but a little less stiff would be cool.
    That's what I was thinking. This memory loss could be an easy way to shift his personality to be more like Momoa's version.

Maybe a video game?

Oh, okay, I see what you mean now.

No, I dont think we'll see much of that at all. Maybe DC will start to push for that rumored Earth-1 OGN to finally be finished......but I doubt we'll see anything else if we even see that much. I suspect the quality in creator isn't going to go any higher than DeConnick (which is still pretty damn good) unless a top-end creator who has enough pull to do his own projects takes a personal interest, like Johns did in the New52. WB/DC just don't take full advantage of these opportunities.

The success of Wonder Woman should have proved to WB that there's more out there than just Batman. But what WW projects have they pushed? None. I see little reason for WB to invest more in Arthur. I hope I'm wrong, but WB/DC have Bat-blinders on and dont seem willing to remove them, even when other properties prove their worth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

And we've seen scenarios where a widely-hailed movie couldn't lift a superhero franchise (WONDER WOMAN) in the comics.
    It had other effects the movie has given Steve Trevor h as lead to Steve Trevor having a more relevant role in the WW than he has in years I the his prominence in the both the first movie and the sequel will cement his presence in the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    His creators confirmed that in the cartoon he's "not straight", so take that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I think an 'Earth One' OGN is already planned for Aquaman...that project might get some traction. And don't be surprised if it heavily draws from Momoa's take on the character. Maybe some other books or limited series along those lines could be possible.
    There was an Aquaman Earth One book announced by Francis Manapul, but that didn't seem to really get off the ground.
    I doubt there will be a full-fledged animated series. Quiet frankly, DC just doesn't seem to be doing much in the way of animated series now, apart from 'Justice League Action' and the 'Young Justice' revival. If DC starts doing more animated series again, I think a new Batman or Superman series, or even a new WW series, is likelier to be greenlit.
    I don't think it's for lack of trying so much that their general, all-ages, cartoons just get killed by Cartoon Network.

That's probably why they're doing more cartoons on DC Universe at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The success of Wonder Woman should have proved to WB that there's more out there than just Batman. But what WW projects have they pushed? None. I see little reason for WB to invest more in Arthur. I hope I'm wrong, but WB/DC have Bat-blinders on and dont seem willing to remove them, even when other properties prove their worth.
    It might not be much but Diana is getting her own original animated movie next year, which she hasn't had since 2009, and is spearheading the current DC Super Hero Girls and the upcoming reboot.

There have also been some rumors of WB Montreal doing a Wonder Woman game.

It might not be much but Diana is getting her own original animated movie next year,
    Sweet, I hadn't heard that.

is spearheading the current DC Super Hero Girls and the upcoming reboot.
    True, but that's not focused on Diana. I'm not terribly excited for it, honestly. My daughter loved the original, but what she's seen of the new version doesn't do it for her.

There have also been some rumors of WB Montreal doing a Wonder Woman game.
    Well, I'll believe them when the game is in my hands.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I'll believe them when the game is in my hands.
    IF true, I really hope it's not a reeskined Arkham. There's "God of War" potential for Diana, I'd hate to see it squandered into dance-like combat.

(Then again, the Mordor series could be a nice template)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!