Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Sweet, I hadn't heard that.
    Yeah, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

True, but that's not focused on Diana. I'm not terribly excited for it, honestly. My daughter loved the original, but what she's seen of the new version doesn't do it for her.
    Sorry to hear that. I'm loving the look of the reboot personally .

maybe dc will be interested in a 2nd aquaman title... well maybe a title led by mera...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    maybe dc will be interested in a 2nd aquaman title... well maybe a title led by mera...
    I would love a MERA book.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Gimmie a Tempest book.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I like the idea of DC expanding the Aquaman line, but the lack of any expansion for Wonder Woman after the hit that was her movie leaves me to think that's probably not going to happen...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    best case scenario is what happened to Black Panther
    If Aquaman was at Marvel-YES that would happen.

Yet this is Dc and they will perform the greatest gymnastic routine to NOT do more with Aquaman because this company is held hostage by Batman & Superman nostalgia.

Does anyone think we will see any of the stuff done with Aquaman that Black Panther had?

Various new toys being made
    Halloween costumes or in this case an Easter Basket or Valentines
    Aquaman coloring book
    New collector toys of someone beyond the lead? As we are going to see a Killmonger Hot Toys figure in September 2019.
    New minis spotlighting others
    New trade releases

Common sense to any of us would say YES do more.

Why can't we get an Aqualad mini? Who wouldn't like to see a LGBT teen story?
    A Mera 2nd mini or even ongoing? More female lead solos the better.
    A series about Atlantis's people and the city.
    How about some new posters?

The FANS are out there and like Wonder Woman, Shuri, Riri and others not all of them visit comic book stores. Yet you can still make trades for them for the book store.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Gimmie a Tempest book.
    tempest and the others!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If Aquaman was at Marvel-YES that would happen.

Yet this is Dc and they will perform the greatest gymnastic routine to NOT do more with Aquaman because this company is held hostage by Batman & Superman nostalgia.

Does anyone think we will see any of the stuff done with Aquaman that Black Panther had?

Various new toys being made
    Halloween costumes or in this case an Easter Basket or Valentines
    Aquaman coloring book
    New collector toys of someone beyond the lead? As we are going to see a Killmonger Hot Toys figure in September 2019.
    New minis spotlighting others
    New trade releases

Common sense to any of us would say YES do more.

Why can't we get an Aqualad mini? Who wouldn't like to see a LGBT teen story?
    A Mera 2nd mini or even ongoing? More female lead solos the better.
    A series about Atlantis's people and the city.
    How about some new posters?

The FANS are out there and like Wonder Woman, Shuri, Riri and others not all of them visit comic book stores. Yet you can still make trades for them for the book store.
    I'm pretty sure there are already Aquaman costumes and toys for the movie out, but I am nowhere near as knowledgeable on that stuff.

I could've sworn I've seen coloring books for the movie as well...

As far as trade's, I've seen the Mera mini and the new collection for the Thrones of Atlantis story prominently displayed at my local book store and library, and those are probably the most relevant books to have around for the Aquaman movie.

DC does seem less prone to spinoffs lately or growing any of their flagship titles that aren't Batman or Superman. Maybe it's because sales for past spinoffs haven't done as well or because they don't want what happened to the Green Lantern line after Johns left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are already Aquaman costumes and toys for the movie out, but I am nowhere near as knowledgeable on that stuff.

I could've sworn I've seen coloring books for the movie as well...

As far as trade's, I've seen the Mera mini and the new collection for the Thrones of Atlantis story prominently displayed at my local book store and library, and those are probably the most relevant books to have around for the Aquaman movie.

DC does seem less prone to spinoffs lately or growing any of their flagship titles that aren't Batman or Superman. Maybe it's because sales for past spinoffs haven't done as well or because they don't want what happened to the Green Lantern line after Johns left.

Say what you want about Marvel, but at least they took more risks with some of their own properties than Dc does. Even if it causes them to receive backlash from fans, but at least when it comes to Marvel you cannot say that they are not trying to keep with the times and the success of their MCU films.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Say what you want about Marvel, but at least they took more risks with some of their own properties than Dc does. Even if it causes them to receive backlash from fans, but at least when it comes to Marvel you cannot say that they are not trying to keep with the times and the success of their MCU films.
    True enough. But I'd argue that DC/WB took a pretty big risk at the start of the DCEU - with MOS and BvS. Unfortunately, they plain lost their nerve after the critics and a certain section of the fanbase rebelled against the 'darker' DCU, and the result was a Justice League movie that was Avengers-lite and was a worse disaster than anything BvS could be perceived as being.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like the idea of DC expanding the Aquaman line, but the lack of any expansion for Wonder Woman after the hit that was her movie leaves me to think that's probably not going to happen...
    I think we got a Steve Trevor oneshot. Maybe that Brave and the Bold mini also.