Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    He was originally portrayed as ugly, and it wasn't until Wolverine fans starting writing and drawing that he become less so (and around that time suddenly gained a ton of female admirers in-universe).

Skin was the same way, but he became less and less ugly even as Gen X progressed.

That's the issue with a rotating writer/artist set. When you get someone who really likes a character, they're gonna write them in better circumstances, or draw them to look better than before. It works the other way around. If an artist dislikes a character, less effort will go into them, and they likely won't look as good.
    Nah, I don't see it. Cockrum's Logan was already good-looking enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Skin was the same way, but he became less and less ugly even as Gen X progressed.
    well he learned how to control his powers better....lol

Eye-Boy is ugly enough for all of them

yes...I like when ugly mutants are used to call out the X-men's hypocrisy. Like why are the more successful and up front X-men the good looking ones?
    Id also love an all fuglies only X-men team.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yes...I like when ugly mutants are used to call out the X-men's hypocrisy. Like why are the more successful and up front X-men the good looking ones?
    Id also love an all fuglies only X-men team.
    Another reason Gen X is the pinnacle of "new Genesis of X-Students"

Nightcrawler, Marrow, Anole, Beast, Rockslide, Maggot they would freak you out if they were real and walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Nightcrawler, Marrow, Anole, Beast, Rockslide, Maggot they would freak you out if they were real and walking around.
    Depends on the # of hits and the potency

First and foremost why are we assuming the X-Men are pretty. Usually the appearance of the x-men is in the eyes of who is admiring them. the X-Males thinks all their X-girlfriends are the hottest girls in the world. If you ask Gambit who is the most beautiful X-Woman, he will say Rogue, if you ask Scott he will say Emma or Jean, if you ask Warren he will say Betsy. The books never dwelled heavily on their appearances. What we know is they are all physically fit since the X-men are physical fighters trained to fight in battles.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You realise it's a comic book and we know that most of the X-Men are human looking.

Want kooky ooky spooky mutants on a regular? Grant Morrison had a great run on Doom Patrol that might interest you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

The unfettered cynic in me says, "Why would an artist waste your time drawing ugly people?"

The slightly less-cynical part of me (those are the only two parts I got) knows that beauty is subjective. And for every 1000 people who would be horrified by her appearance, there's at least 50 who would...

::puts on sunglasses::

...bone Marrow.

I'll show myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You realise it's a comic book and we know that most of the X-Men are human looking.
    Lol I thought I was the only one who caught that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    The unfettered cynic in me says, "Why would an artist waste your time drawing ugly people?"

The slightly less-cynical part of me (those are the only two parts I got) knows that beauty is subjective. And for every 1000 people who would be horrified by her appearance, there's at least 50 who would...

:uts on sunglasses::

...bone Marrow.

I'll show myself out.
    I'm gay AF but when I first saw Marrow on there covers....
    20181219_143459.jpg
    20181219_143523.jpg
    With her crew cut....pouty lips....mid drift showing...and bitchy attitude?
    Sploosh!!

Another point that I did not see yet mentioned is that there is an entire list of categories of mutants, from Omega down to Epsilon level. Epsilon mutants are mutants with minor powers, but major appearance flaws. These are probably the ones if which the OP was speaking. However, minor-powered mutants would not be X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Another point that I did not see yet mentioned is that there is an entire list of categories of mutants, from Omega down to Epsilon level. Epsilon mutants are mutants with minor powers, but major appearance flaws. These are probably the ones if which the OP was speaking. However, minor-powered mutants would not be X-Men.
    What about Angel....or Cypher?

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    No.

Making the X-Men "uglier" suggests prejudice is only based on how attractive someone is, when that's not at all the case. Prejudice can be based on appearance, but more often it's based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and a whole host of other reasons. Look at the blue eyes, brown eyes lesson. Humans don't need their targets to be "ugly" to have unreasonable hatred toward them. All they need is an excuse to 'other' someone. In this case, using the fact the X-Men have powers as that excuse.
    Here's the best answer. Close the thread.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.