Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Composite DCEU: Who is the strongest comic character it could beat?

The speed of Flash!
    The resilence of Doomsday!
    The strength of Superman!
    The Beard of Jason Momoa!
    The magic of Ares and Enchantress!
    The Accuracy of Deadshot!
    The Equipment of the Gods!

You get the picture. What does it take to stop this beast?

BANNED

Depends in if you want to get weird or not.

Because there's this guy from My Hero Academia, if you answer his question, you become his slave.

So it's the best of each character, not each character stacked up and added together?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Does it make a difference?

A stacked version is not going to be much better than a non-stacked version since Flash is way faster than anyone, Superman and Doomsday are way stronger than anyone, etc, so adding minuscule amounts of strength and speed don't exactly change it by an order of magnitude or anything.

This seems like a typical non-stacked composite. Besides, I generally tend to assume composites are non-stacked, otherwise it's usually just a numbers game.

With Flash's speed though, which is the biggest thing going for it, it can take out anything all the way up to Thing/Colossus level people with superspeed heat vision spam/fairly significant strength, especially if they get Diana's sword.

Anything beyond that, I really doubt their ability to hurt.

Obviously, they beat all manner of characters with esoteric or hard to deal with abilities that have no real superspeed/low level superspeed in the Arena, the only ones they can't kill being people that actually can't be killed by them at all (they could toss most of them into space though). It's when you start getting into class 80-90ish people that you start having difficulty with.

This is only with respect to comic books. Manga and other media are a different beast.

Edit: But yeah, only Flash speed+Superman Strength+HeatVision will be useful for most fights. The rest of the things are inconsequential except in the cases where they have to tank hits (and if they're not able to kill a character with a huge amount of time spent wailing on them, they're probably not going to kill them anyway).
    Last edited by Sol_M; 12-17-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Does it make a difference?

A stacked version is not going to be much better than a non-stacked version since Flash is way faster than anyone, Superman and Doomsday are way stronger than anyone, etc, so adding minuscule amounts of strength and speed don't exactly change it by an order of magnitude or anything.

This seems like a typical non-stacked composite. Besides, I generally tend to assume composites are non-stacked, otherwise it's usually just a numbers game.

With Flash's speed though, which is the biggest thing going for it, it can take out anything all the way up to Thing/Colossus level people with superspeed heat vision spam/fairly significant strength, especially if they get Diana's sword.

Anything beyond that, I really doubt their ability to hurt.

Obviously, they beat all manner of characters with esoteric or hard to deal with abilities that have no real superspeed/low level superspeed in the Arena, the only ones they can't kill being people that actually can't be killed by them at all (they could toss most of them into space though). It's when you start getting into class 80-90ish people that you start having difficulty with.

This is only with respect to comic books. Manga and other media are a different beast.

Edit: But yeah, only Flash speed+Superman Strength+HeatVision will be useful for most fights. The rest of the things are inconsequential except in the cases where they have to tank hits (and if they're not able to kill a character with a huge amount of time spent wailing on them, they're probably not going to kill them anyway).
    For strength, having a stacked composite of Superman, Doomsday and Wonder Woman is much better than having just Superman's strength. Same thing with superspeed with Flash and Superman. So I think it would definitely matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    For strength, having a stacked composite of Superman, Doomsday and Wonder Woman is much better than having just Superman's strength. Same thing with superspeed with Flash and Superman. So I think it would definitely matter.
    So...it'd be what, 2-3 times stronger than Supes and only a little faster than Flash (dubious if Supes is even 1/3rd as fast as Flash)? That's really not much of a difference for all practical purposes.

So...it'd be what, 2-3 times stronger than Supes and only a little faster than Flash (dubious if Supes is even 1/3rd as fast as Flash)? That's really not much of a difference for all practical purposes.
    2-3 times is pretty significant.

2-3 times is pretty significant.
    Not really? I mean, we're talking about people that can bench press millions of tons. It's impossible to calculate what "2-3" times stronger than a dude who can bench press buildings means, at least for Rumbles purposes.

We don't do calcs, so saying character x has been shown to lift 20000000 tons but character y has been shown to lift 40000000 tons so character y is stronger is meaningless.

The stacked composite is, roughly, in the same benchmark of strength as Superman or Doomsday. Pretty much anyone that Superman would be considered a good match against would also be considered a good match against the composite.

Edit: I suppose the main area where it makes a difference is where we have something that matches Superman exactly, so we can go ahead and say "hey, the composite is stronger than that specific thing because it measures out to be equal to superman exactly.". But that's just weirdly specific and doesn't come up very often, if at all.

I suppose a stacked composite would beat a non-stacked one if we're looking for examples.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 12-17-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Dude, doubling or nearly tripling speed strength and durability are all potent power ups. That's... Just common sense.

Does Goku using Kaio Ken x3 mean he's "roughly the same"? Or did it allow him much better odds against Vegeta?

And why do you think supes is 1/3 of Flash?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Not really? I mean, we're talking about people that can bench press millions of tons. It's impossible to calculate what "2-3" times stronger than a dude who can bench press buildings means, at least for Rumbles purposes.

We don't do calcs, so saying character x has been shown to lift 20000000 tons but character y has been shown to lift 40000000 tons so character y is stronger is meaningless.

The stacked composite is, roughly, in the same benchmark of strength as Superman or Doomsday. Pretty much anyone that Superman would be considered a good match against would also be considered a good match against the composite.
    That doesn't make any sense. If you were to fight your clone but he was 3 times stronger and tougher than you who would you put your money on? Superman would also get trounced by someone who is 3 times stronger than him.

That doesn't make any sense. If you were to fight your clone but he was 3 times stronger and tougher than you who would you put your money on? Superman would also get trounced by someone who is 3 times stronger than him.
    Superman gets trounced because we know that the stacked composite>superman.

It's only a logic you can really apply in specific situations like the composite fighting part of itself, because past a certain point of strength, small multipliers cease to matter.

No, it doesn't make a lot of "sense" from a calcs perspective. But neither do fictional character fight debates, generally.

Superman vs Billy Batson except as Captain Marvel dude is now 3x stronger and faster. Who wins?
    - big_adventure

Sorry missed this...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Dude, doubling or nearly tripling speed strength and durability are all potent power ups. That's... Just common sense.

Does Goku using Kaio Ken x3 mean he's "roughly the same"? Or did it allow him much better odds against Vegeta?

And why do you think supes is 1/3 of Flash?
    I'm not sure I'm making myself clear here. I'm not saying multiplying Supes strength by a factor of 3 isn't making him stronger.

I'm saying it doesn't make much practical difference in Rumbles. Why? Because we look at feats, not calculations.

Goku using Kaio Ken x3 means little, we look at what using it let him do. It wouldn't have mattered if it was called Kaio Ken x9000, would it, if it still had the same effect?

Let's say DCEU Supes got a strength feat that is exactly thrice as high as his current best strength feat. Does this appreciably change the characters he can or can't beat in Rumbles?

Superman gets trounced because we know that the stacked composite>superman.

It's only a logic you can really apply in specific situations like the composite fighting part of itself, because past a certain point of strength, small multipliers cease to matter.

No, it doesn't make a lot of "sense" from a calcs perspective. But neither do fictional character fight debates, generally.
    Dude, it's very simple, character A loses to character B who is 3x stronger and faster. There is no calcs needed.

Sorry missed this...

I'm not sure I'm making myself clear here. I'm not saying multiplying Supes strength by a factor of 3 isn't making him stronger.

I'm saying it doesn't make much practical difference in Rumbles. Why? Because we look at feats, not calculations.

Goku using Kaio Ken x3 means little, we look at what using it let him do. It wouldn't have mattered if it was called Kaio Ken x9000, would it, if it still had the same effect?

Let's say DCEU Supes got a strength feat that is exactly thrice as high as his current best strength feat. Does this appreciably change the characters he can or can't beat in Rumbles?
    It would absolutely change who he can or can't beat.