Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullets

Default Bullets

In the movies did Diana get hit with bullets? I don’t get why Dc doesn’t allow Diana to be at least bullets will go through but it will not going completely through her. They will just pop out due to her healing powers

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In the movies did Diana get hit with bullets? I don’t get why Dc doesn’t allow Diana to be at least bullets will go through but it will not going completely through her. They will just pop out due to her healing powers
    No, she is never hit with bullets in the movies. Her armor, her bracelets, and her shield are, of course. It's part of her schtick. Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets. It's just a thing. I would not want to see her be specifically bulletproof (even though she probably is, I don't want to see it.)

It would be good if there was a somewhat valid explanation behind it as a specific weakness though. (In my head cannon, without going into too much real world science, I think of it like poking someone with a blunt log, vs poking someone with a sharp needle.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Kerry Callen has the answer:

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Kerry Callen has the answer:

This has been my head canon since I saw this a couple of years ago! LMFAO!!!!!!
    Richard Alexander

Characterization aside, I always did enjoy this scene from the Injustice comic.

I don't mind if she is bulletproof. The thing that gets people is the bullets and bracelets. It's always been a part of her characters. It's kind of easy to balance.

Incredible Member

The thing is if she's bulletproof there's no need for the 'bullets-n-bracelet' gimmick. It's like taking away Batman's batarangs and giving him a gun that shoots clay pigeons at crooks. It does about the same job it just doesn't feel right.

So maybe Rucka's way is the best way. She can't be killed by bullets but they still go through her. To balance that out she can heal quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The thing is if she's bulletproof there's no need for the 'bullets-n-bracelet' gimmick. It's like taking away Batman's batarangs and giving him a gun that shoots clay pigeons at crooks. It does about the same job it just doesn't feel right.
    What is so important about bullets-n-bracelets that it has to be kept?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What is so important about bullets-n-bracelets that it has to be kept?
    It's a fun piece of imagery that also makes her distinct from other superheroes? I mean, Flash dodges bullets, Superman just stands there, but Wonder Woman blocks them? Writers could have fun with things like what Diana did when Ludendorff tried to shoot her, and she caused the bullet to ricochet back, hitting his gun.

It's similar to the stunt often repeated in the Icelandic sagas, where someone catches a spear mid-flight and then immediately flings it back to show how skilled and capable fighters they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It's a fun piece of imagery that also makes her distinct from other superheroes? I mean, Flash dodges bullets, Superman just stands there, but Wonder Woman blocks them? Writers could have fun with things like what Diana did when Ludendorff tried to shoot her, and she caused the bullet to ricochet back, hitting his gun.

It's similar to the stunt often repeated in the Icelandic sagas, where someone catches a spear mid-flight and then immediately flings it back to show how skilled and capable fighters they are.
    I admit it is a fun piece of imagery but that seems to be the extent of it. You could leave it out of WW entirely and I doubt it will be missed. I can't even remember the last time it was in the comics. The shield does the same thing and better with more coverage.

She did bullets and bracelets in #60, out last week!

Also, the shield is rather large and conspicious. I see no reason why she should carry it all the time.

Another thought: Diana thinks it's fun!
    Last edited by kjn; 12-19-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I admit it is a fun piece of imagery but that seems to be the extent of it. You could leave it out of WW entirely and I doubt it will be missed. I can't even remember the last time it was in the comics. The shield does the same thing and better with more coverage.
    Bullets & bracelets is an iconic Wonder Woman thing for starters, it's her signature gimmick. Secondly, she can cover a wider area with her arms actually, plus it doesn't obstruct her vision. A shield can't provide cover for one person, let alone others, unless Diana schleps around an enormous shield the size of a dinner table

I'll say again - scale Diana up the way the rest of the DCU has scaled up. Aquaman and Batman are bulletproof now, so if Diana isn't, why the heck isn't she wearing armor?

Reserve the bracelets for (a) deflecting to make sure bystanders aren't hit by stray bullets and (b) reflecting back at her opponents and (c) for more powerful energy blasts, lasers, magic weapons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I'll say again - scale Diana up the way the rest of the DCU has scaled up. Aquaman and Batman are bulletproof now, so if Diana isn't, why the heck isn't she wearing armor?

Reserve the bracelets for (a) deflecting to make sure bystanders aren't hit by stray bullets and (b) reflecting back at her opponents and (c) for more powerful energy blasts, lasers, magic weapons, etc.
    Alternitavely, bring back "Bullets and Bracelets" as a game Amazon's play, so she just does that as a force of habit.