Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    and the shield is borrrring.... It's way more skillful and sort of badass for her to have the speed and accuracy to deflect bullet with her bracelets...
    A shield also requires skill to use.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Really, A bracelet where she has to use it with high speed and precision is same as a shield

Her bracelet in Perez's era can eve create a shield. I mean if she has to protected multiple people I do think she can be fast enough to block all of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Her bracelet in Perez's era can eve create a shield. I mean if she has to protected multiple people I do think she can be fast enough to block all of them.
    Here is a real Wonder Woman speed feat. Speeding bullets are nothing to her. Because she has the speed of a God.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1745-56440.jpg

Even blind, bullets weren't a problem.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...5___page_2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    not as much as deflecting bullets with your bracelets, but okay....

I noticed this after watching Aquaman and seeing Arthur being invulnerable to bullets and even grenade launchers. Sure, they can move him and the grenades gave him bruises but he healed rapidly and wasn't in any mortal danger. Fictional physics should make one think that a punch from Doomsday in BVS can cause more physical damage than a bullet or a grenade to Diana.

Aesthetically speaking the bullets-off-bracelets thing does look quite cool and showcases her godly super speed though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I noticed this after watching Aquaman and seeing Arthur being invulnerable to bullets and even grenade launchers. Sure, they can move him and the grenades gave him bruises but he healed rapidly and wasn't in any mortal danger. Fictional physics should make one think that a punch from Doomsday in BVS can cause more physical damage than a bullet or a grenade to Diana.

Aesthetically speaking the bullets-off-bracelets thing does look quite cool and showcases her godly super speed though.
    It's fiction. A character rooted in magic. So bullets are a vulnerability. But she still has the durability to take attcks from heavy hitters that hit with far more orce than a bullet. And she has a healing factor as well. We've seen her get shot in the abdomen, chest and the head. And she was able to keep fighting and recover based on her healing factor alone.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    It's fiction. A character rooted in magic. So bullets are a vulnerability. But she still has the durability to take attcks from heavy hitters that hit with far more orce than a bullet. And she has a healing factor as well. We've seen her get shot in the abdomen, chest and the head. And she was able to keep fighting and recover based on her healing factor alone.
    That's just it giving her vulnerability to a normal human weapon that causes less damage than a hyper-powered adversary just seems...strange. It's a lazy sort of way to portray vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    It's fiction. A character rooted in magic. So bullets are a vulnerability. But she still has the durability to take attcks from heavy hitters that hit with far more force than a bullet. And she has a healing factor as well. We've seen her get shot in the abdomen, chest and the head. And she was able to keep fighting and recover based on her healing factor alone.
    One of the more famous things Deva did was shooting WW with a pistol.

It took at least a week to heal. Why did the bullet affect her? Why did it take so long to heal?

This was a neat scene since Deva had seen WW block bullets before and did a fake-out. She aimed at WW's face and as soon as WW moved to block it she changed aim and fired at her gut. so it was impossible to block that shot.

Why did it do damage to her like it would a normal person? Well, there's one suggestion that it worked because Deva has a superhuman ability to kill people. Yes, really, it's an actual super-power for her.

But there is also the idea that the entire reason Deva carried the pistol is because she knew it was something WW was vulnerable to.

Well WW didn't really seem to have a particularly fast natural healing rate in those comics. She actually used the purple ray on herself sometimes. That said, she was able to keep going even though her minotaur friend expressed concerns about if the wound would get worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One of the more famous things Deva did was shooting WW with a pistol.

It took at least a week to heal. Why did the bullet affect her? Why did it take so long to heal?

This was a neat scene since Deva had seen WW block bullets before and did a fake-out. She aimed at WW's face and as soon as WW moved to block it she changed aim and fired at her gut. so it was impossible to block that shot.

Why did it do damage to her like it would a normal person? Well, there's one suggestion that it worked because Deva has a superhuman ability to kill people. Yes, really, it's an actual super-power for her.

But there is also the idea that the entire reason Deva carried the pistol is because she knew it was something WW was vulnerable to.

Well WW didn't really seem to have a particularly fast natural healing rate in those comics. She actually used the purple ray on herself sometimes. That said, she was able to keep going even though her minotaur friend expressed concerns about if the wound would get worse.
    One week. But we know Post Crisis WW has healing factor too, and has healed faster than that. I don't know if i am imagining things. But didn't she get shot in the face without getting serious damage in one of the runs that came after the Perez run? Anyway. In Post Crisis she was bulletproof at the end. After one of her last upgrades, when she stopped being a Goddesss after she was revived, one of the upgrades that she got was being bulletproof. I remember in the last run writen by Simone. We saw her getting pierced by arrows and she says. "Arrows that can pierce me and i couldn't see coming!?, The smell of wild magic" Now when it comes to Rebirth, Diana does show a good healing factor. She didn't get life threatening damage after getting shot in chest, abdomen and head. And kept fighting, all becausee her healing factor is that good.

Even if Diana gets shoot I think she should still fight and her healing factor is so fast it doesn't matter.

You know the Hulk is technically bulletproof but special ammunition pierces his skin all the time. Why not just do that with Diana? Maybe even have Veronica Cale or somebody spread it wide enough that the average gunman on the street won't have it but the major players of the DCU would, then we have the healing factor for those ones.

I think if you want the bullets piercing her fine but there needs to be a counterbalance. So her healing factors must so very quick it looks like it was never there. Now some might say what about bullets and bracelets. Diana is a warrior and so it should come naturally to her. Plus it's always been a great way to disarm enemies. She can projects the bullets to hit them in non lethal areas.

Looking through an annual, I found this:

So I guess that's another thing we need to keep track of.

Why should the bracelets be painfully? Why not make it that she can't feel it? Diana has be able to block some powerfully objects with her bracelets. Her wrist would have been broken multiple times with the things she done in the comics