Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So many unlimited possibilities (though hopefully pulled off well and told and characters done well also with a level of seriousness or opening to the new).

Due to my imagination and constantly thinking of Multiverse, possibilities for changes, and even some inspirations for far off ideas and questions plus I being a fan of many characters including not just characters from 616 but also many Gwens of the Multiverse, MJs of the Multiverse, the growth and character development of the Venom Symbiote (till he/it died for now) many possibilities ran in my head. Some forgotten while others continued.

Unable to have the time to write down all my own 'What If's nor the full plot and charazations and deviopents and inspirations I'll post a few and why maybe:

What If: (Many on the 'Gwen' side of things first)
    'The symbiote learned 'selflessness and mercy' while shortly with Peter' OR 'On another Earth: Gwen Stacy: species: human? '

Inspirations: I saw and heard that nickname 'Gwenom' after Spider-Gwen and my mind took that and started to truly fuse the two into a new possibility and individual character. Not two beings but one. It then was further enhanced after the recent Vemon run and 'Rex' character in that series. Often how many wrote and presented the symbite as a 'scorned lover' my mind went into the shapeshifting possibilities and taking out the scorned part. Then I went into how things came to be and another question of 'does she know herself' and other questions of 'self identity'. Then how characters play off and that Earth present and how my own hopes and would enjoy reading came in and how each comes to be. How is it told? Finally some storylines in my head for this Earth characters presented beyond a single issue but a run.
    plus
    “Selfless service alone gives the needed strength and courage to awaken the sleeping humanity in one’s heart.” Sai Baba

Another What If in my head inspired by more of the X-Universe and those variant Gwen covers (plus where it might head afterwards:
    'What if: a Age of Apocalypse Earth Donald Blake and Gwen Stacy journeyed to Mjolnir's hiding place?'

Another 'What IF' idea is based on more towards the 'What IF' the writers was green lit the original ideas before executes change or forced to change.

Such as: WHAT IF the original woman character who was meant to have the symbiote and fight Peter was green lit before Eddie had to be made instead?
    What IF: Sins Past followed what they writer wanted with those two BEING Peter's and Gwen's kids (no Norman)
    Inspirations: Overall a series of What Ifs based on what writers planned and wanted to make originally before changes were forced by higher ups or other factors outside of their control. Seeing the imagination of creators and a sample of what could of been. Plus my own curiosities.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I always had a idea for a What If where Peter becomes a super villain. The ending would have him accidentally killing Uncle Ben and then he'd turn himself in for his crimes eventually becoming a hero working for SHIELD.

Other than that how about...

What if Superior Spider-Man didn't become a hero?
    What if another villain swapped minds with Spider-Man?
    What if Ben Reilly never became the Jackal?
    What if 616 Spider-Man was forced to relocate to the Ultimate universe in a role reversal to Miles Morales?

Astonishing Member

What if Peter Parker had a relationship with Marcy Kane ? (This would be a doozy one)

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

What if Otto's body survived with Peter Parker's consciousness in it?

What if Spider-Man suffered from split personality disorder?

What if, in the amalgamated universe, instead of Spiderboy (the Spider-Man/Superboy mashup) we got Spiderbat (a Spider-Man/Batman mashup)?

BANNED

I recently listened to Gerry Conway's 2016 Spider-Man crawlspace podcast. In that he talked about Gwen's death. He said that the decision was driven by a pre-established plan for a main character's death and that he merely suggested Gwen's name. He said that if there were no plans, he would have broken Peter and Gwen up, have Peter move on with MJ, and then when his run was finished, the next writer or team who came would then decide whether or not to bring Gwen back or not.

I'd like to see, What-If, Peter and Gwen simply broke up and drifted away? What would happen then?

A What If combining worlds of:
    Spider-Man
    Disney's Gargoyles

A past topic relating towards if a Disney/Marvel crossover issue(s) came out and such after going to sleep a dream came to me. I thought it over as to why it came from my subconscious and came up to a few inspirations/possibilities.
    First off I'm a Spider fan but also a fan of many things including Disney's Gargoyles. I also was a big fan of Spectacular Spider-Man which I loved and the makers also worked on Gargoyles. Now also questioning to allow more possibilities entering my mind and taken inspiration from a few things.

Enter a scene that many Spider-man comic fans would probably seen takes of. The night that Gwen Stacy died night. Gwen in that large green coat, large boots, gloves (that's new but new Muriverse right ), and headband controlling her hair. Spider-man running to her, her body rammed off the side of the bridge, Peter in a panic reacts by shooting a web straight down heading to her feet.
    Then just as the web is about to reach the vertical falling boots... the boots move horizontal and away from the web in a nick of time. The green jacket abandoned and falling as a shadow passes by it, Peter and Norman's eyes widen in shock. We then see why they are shocked as Gwen gliders away to safety with wings. Gwen is secretly a Gargoyle!

We cut to the past. Gwen doesn't know what 'clan' she belonged to but her 'hatchery' was attacked by a group called the 'Stone Cutters'. A younger Captain Stacy and friend of Detective Elisa Maza was called in by Maza being closer to the crime scene to survey and document the crime scene and to keep anybody else away. He was meant to appear like he was doing things by the books till a special task force arrived setup to handle Gargoyle matters but Maza told him that she believed a mole in that very task force tip off the Stone Cutters and she couldn't trust them.
    Finding one small egg still intact it hatched and out popped a baby female Gargoyle baby. Seeing Captain Stacy as her first sight and touch she imprinted on him. The Gargoyles were known to have many types of skin coloring but this baby's skin color was the same as his own and any Gargoyle features she had could easily be covered to deceive any person to think she was human. Told by Maza for him to get the baby out of there Captain Stacy ran just before the task force arrived. In the end the news reported no survivors. For many months the Gargoyles were a endanger species and soon none were spotted by the public. Believing they had won the Stone Cutters turned their hate and evil towards Mutants.

Captain Stacy adopted the baby as his own. It was tough rising her and keeping her hidden. When she got older she understood and it pained her why her father denied her going to school like other kids might be vs homeschooled or just going outside without wearing 'protective clothing'. As she got older many of her Gargoyle instincts she was told to stop or hide as far as she could recall growing up was sealed away by habit and knowledge of how others would hate or fear what they didn't understand. Her pointy eyes she hide in her hair and used a hairband to assist, her small but gargoyle feet and claws placed in boots and gloves, and her wings she could fold around her body and cover with cloths or using a long coat/jacket to keep the hidden. Captain loved her and saw how keeping her cooped up was causing her sadness and pain and knowing how she had grown and was smart and responsible she was allowed to go out putting trust in her to be safe and back before the sun rose.

Eventually after much expressing her desires to go to school plus to study biology which she excelled at she was allowed to take a few night classes. That is where she met MJ, Harry, and Peter. Each had a reason to be taken a night course or two and the four became fast friends.

MJ discovered her secret when after learning Gwen never went to a dance club took her to one of New York's best. Gwen was having the time of her life when a anti-mutant hate group came crashing in. A few mutants known as the X-men were also there just wanting to have some fun but of course hate and evil ran deep. Gwen seeing the mutants attacked something instead her rose up and for a moment her eye shined a light as she got anger and snarled. Gwen punched one of the anti-mutant attackers and soon even MJ joined the fight. Gwen got shot taking a bullet for another and MJ grabbed her dragging her out. Gwen begged to MJ to get her home before the sun rose where she can rest up and be fine but to weak from blood loss. MJ said she had to go to a hospital but Gwen in fear told her no. As MJ helped Gwen move towards her house and alarm went off on Gwen's watch and Gwen looked upset by it. It was a 30 minute warning till sunrise and no way she would get home in time. Their phone's busted also ment Captain Stacy would not be informed and Gwen knew he would be panicking. Telling MJ to now take her to a local park Gwen knew the only way to be safe possible would be there. Getting to the park and by some water as the sun rose MJ asked Gwen why she needed to be at the park. But MJ turned and saw to her disbelief that Gwen was now stone.

MJ sat by and watched over Gwen as people passed them by. They were many 'artistic' new statues that came and went in that park so one new one wasn't anything special. Night fell once again and MJ saw Gwen breaking feel and in a roar shattered her stone shell.
    Gwen was bombarded by many questions that Gwen seeing how MJ stood by her side and kept her safe decided she was trustworthy and a true friend and answered truthfully or to the best of her knowledge to questions that sometimes stumped her. Among those questions was the matter of Gwen turning to stone and fully healed. Gwen told MJ that she was told it was magic by her father but Gwen felt 'magic' was just science yet answered and how own biology was a mystery to even herself on why certain things were. That help her be motivated and study and master biology in questioning and getting results into her own species that she possibly might be the last of. Since then MJ had been her best friend and for a while after her father died her sole Secret Keeper.

MJ wasn't the only one that had gotten close to Gwen's soul. Peter and her hit it off and while both MJ and her had a strange catty best friend rivally for him in the end it seemed Gwen and Peter might be. However there was many elements to cause trouble to have a working relationship with Peter. He often disappeared himself many times at danger plus of course her own massive secret. She knew he was hiding something big but who was she to questioned when she herself had a massive secret. She feared the secrets between them would ensure any possible relationship would not survive.

Then one night she was sneaked attack by a villain called the 'Green Goblin' that used some sort of body pariazise and knock out gas on her. For a normal human it might of kept such a gal totally knocked out for hours but a Gargoyle biology had a bit more of a healing and strength then a human had and coming from a long line of warrior clan Gwen was soon awaking. First her consciousness and her toes and fingers flinching as her body battled to regain control. As she laid down on top of the stone bridge she heard the echanges. Peter was Spider-man. Gwen would soon get up but then her body was hit and she felt the free fall. Knowing that if she didn't regain full control of her body and glide to safety with her wings she might die of drown and with a push flung off her coat that hide her wings and opened them up. She lack experienced using her wings but there is no better training and kick to the subcouncuness of what you can do than life or death situations right?

Opening them up she glided on the air currents. While the Goblin and Peter were paused in shocked Gwen felt so alive gliding openly but recalled being attacked and that Peter now might be in danger and turned and rammed the Gobin off his 'glider'. The gobin fell into the water and Gwen worried she might of killed him but Peter told her "If you don't see a body...he's fine and be a continuous headache for us later down the road."

At that point Gwen and Peter had a talk and came clean. No more secrets were between the two and the relationship was solid and hard as stone. Gwen decided to once more be a warrior like her species ancestors before her and joined Peter as a superhero partner (while also keeping a secret identity like Peter wearing a mask when she flew over New York so nobody but MJ and Peter would know that Gwen and the Gargoyle superhero were one and the same). Gwen got to practice seeing what she could do using her Gargoyle abilities fully saving the city but in doing so old Stone Cutters members targeted her (plus the hunter called Kraven for being the last known Gargoyle and tales of her species as legendary warriors had place her in the top of his hunting desires) but she, Peter, and MJ was ready to battle evil, hate, and whatever came after them always covering each other backs.
    Last edited by AngelJD; 12-21-2018 at 11:54 PM.

What if J. Jonah Jameson became Venom? When they symbite was rejected from Peter, it sought out somebody that hated him just as much as it did... and who hates Spider-man more than Jonah? (Also if this Venom doesn't have a little mustache I will be quite upset.)

What if Spider-man was killed by his clone? As in the original clone story only one of the Spider-men survive. Peter takes test to make sure he's the real one discovers that he isn't... and that all clones eventually suffer degeneration, however if the Jackal can figure out how to clone people, that surely Peter can as well (especially give that he can use some of the Jackal's notes and equipment), but how does it effect Peter knowing that if anything bad happens to him, he can easily be copied again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if Spider-man was killed by his clone??
    ...It's been done

What if Peter was Gabriel's father instead of Norman?

What if Spider-Man was apart of the War in the Middle East?

What if Jessica Jones wasn't in an accident and got bit by the spider and became Spider-Woman? (I'm sure theres a shorter way of saying that lol)

What if Spider-Man became a full time wrestler?

What if Spider-Man created the Young Avengers early in his career?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What if Spider-man was killed by his clone? As in the original clone story only one of the Spider-men survive. Peter takes test to make sure he's the real one discovers that he isn't... and that all clones eventually suffer degeneration, however if the Jackal can figure out how to clone people, that surely Peter can as well (especially give that he can use some of the Jackal's notes and equipment), but how does it effect Peter knowing that if anything bad happens to him, he can easily be copied again?
    1) It's been done more or less.

2) That's not how the original Clone Saga by Conway went down. That story gave a logical ironclad answer why Peter was the real deal and later writers, as Glenn Greenberg's blog, unintentionally, confirmed missed the entire logic and point of the story.

What if Peter's parents lived?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What if Peter's parents lived?
    Miles Morales in 616 is kind of living that What-If. He's Spider-Man, has both his parents alive and so on. Also Spider-Girl. I always saw Peter and MJ giving Mayday the childhood that both of them would have had, or wanted if their parents were alive or in MJ's case if her father wasn't abusive.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 01-13-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: change

What if Ben Reilly kept the Carnage symbiote?
    What if Peter and Ben took down Norman for good in PPSM #75?
    What if Ben was alive during Civil War?

-Pav, who could go on in a similar vein...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Question

What if Green Goblin killed Aunt May instead of Gwen?

What if Rhino decided to remain "smart" and became a good guy (Flowers for Rhino storyline)?

What if Venom killed Spider-Man during their first encounter?

What if Spider-Man killed Green Goblin in cold blood for murdering Gwen?

What if Harry never "died"?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."