Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Create your own Spider-Man What If's

In the grand tradition of Marvel's What If series, create your own premises for Spider related What Ifs. Feel free to go into detail or fill out details of other posts!

Examples:

What If Uncle Ben AND Aunt May were killed by the burgler?

What If Jonah didn't hate Spider-Man?

What If Mary Jane Watson was bitten by the radioactive spider instead?

Question

Here are just a few off the top of my head -

What If Harry did not come to his senses in time and Peter died in the explosion?

What if Spider-Man never rejected the Alien Symbiote?

What if Black Cat boned with the Alien Symbiote instead of Eddie?

What if Jean Dewolff lived?

What if Ned Leeds had never been framed as the Hobgoblin or died?

What if Cindy Moon hadn't been locked away in the bunker?

What if the Carnage Symbiote bonded with someone other than Cletus?

What if Kraven had actually killed Peter?

What if Peter's consciousness never reasserted itself and Otto was forced to remain Spider-Man?
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    What if Kraven had actually killed Peter?
    This one actually exists. What If (Vol. 2) #17. "What if Kraven The Hunter Had Killed Spider-Man?"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What if Peter was a mutant who was further changed from the radioactive spider?

What if Uncle Ben didn’t die that day?

What if Aunt May did?

What if Peter’s abilities slowly killed him over time?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

What if Uncle Ben didn’t die that day?
    I remember reading a what if where uncle Ben had live. Forget the issue number though. In it he has peter unmask to JJ to prove he is not the menace that the newsman claimed him to be. And John with his superpowers took down the Green Goblin
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This one actually exists. What If (Vol. 2) #17. "What if Kraven The Hunter Had Killed Spider-Man?"
    Ah, yes, I forgot about that one lol.

Here are a few more -

What if Curt Connors remained the Lizard (first time he changes he does not revert after Spidey defeats him)?

What if the Clone (future Ben Reilly) defeated and then killed Spider-Man during their first encounter?

What if Peter stayed in a relationship with and eventually married Betty Brant?

What if Ben Reilly remained Spider-Man while Peter remained retired?

What if Gwen died but Norman/Green Goblin lived?
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-17-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What If... OMD never happened?

What If... Peter Parker never unmasked during Civil War?

What If... the Avengers were unable to stop Spider-Man from killing Firelord?

What If... Mary Jane accepted Peter's proposal during Marv Wolfman's ASM run?

Incredible Member

What If...Marvel actually allowed Peter Parker to evolve (and stay evolved) as a character?

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    What if Black Cat boned with the Alien Symbiote instead of Eddie?
    What If: After Dark - not approved by the Comics Code Authority!

So many unlimited possibilities (though hopefully pulled off well and told and characters done well also with a level of seriousness or opening to the new).

Due to my imagination and constantly thinking of Multiverse, possibilities for changes, and even some inspirations for far off ideas and questions plus I being a fan of many characters including not just characters from 616 but also many Gwens of the Multiverse, MJs of the Multiverse, the growth and character development of the Venom Symbiote (till he/it died for now) many possibilities ran in my head. Some forgotten while others continued.

Unable to have the time to write down all my own 'What If's nor the full plot and charazations and deviopents and inspirations I'll post a few and why maybe:

What If: (Many on the 'Gwen' side of things first)
    'The symbiote learned 'selflessness and mercy' while shortly with Peter' OR 'On another Earth: Gwen Stacy: species: human? '

Inspirations: I saw and heard that nickname 'Gwenom' after Spider-Gwen and my mind took that and started to truly fuse the two into a new possibility and individual character. Not two beings but one. It then was further enhanced after the recent Vemon run and 'Rex' character in that series. Often how many wrote and presented the symbite as a 'scorned lover' my mind went into the shapeshifting possibilities and taking out the scorned part. Then I went into how things came to be and another question of 'does she know herself' and other questions of 'self identity'. Then how characters play off and that Earth present and how my own hopes and would enjoy reading came in and how each comes to be. How is it told? Finally some storylines in my head for this Earth characters presented beyond a single issue but a run.
    plus
    “Selfless service alone gives the needed strength and courage to awaken the sleeping humanity in one’s heart.” Sai Baba

Another What If in my head inspired by more of the X-Universe and those variant Gwen covers (plus where it might head afterwards:
    'What if: a Age of Apocalypse Earth Donald Blake and Gwen Stacy journeyed to Mjolnir's hiding place?'

Another 'What IF' idea is based on more towards the 'What IF' the writers was green lit the original ideas before executes change or forced to change.

Such as: WHAT IF the original woman character who was meant to have the symbiote and fight Peter was green lit before Eddie had to be made instead?
    What IF: Sins Past followed what they writer wanted with those two BEING Peter's and Gwen's kids (no Norman)
    Inspirations: Overall a series of What Ifs based on what writers planned and wanted to make originally before changes were forced by higher ups or other factors outside of their control. Seeing the imagination of creators and a sample of what could of been. Plus my own curiosities.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I always had a idea for a What If where Peter becomes a super villain. The ending would have him accidentally killing Uncle Ben and then he'd turn himself in for his crimes eventually becoming a hero working for SHIELD.

Other than that how about...

What if Superior Spider-Man didn't become a hero?
    What if another villain swapped minds with Spider-Man?
    What if Ben Reilly never became the Jackal?
    What if 616 Spider-Man was forced to relocate to the Ultimate universe in a role reversal to Miles Morales?

Astonishing Member

What if Peter Parker had a relationship with Marcy Kane ? (This would be a doozy one)

What if Peter was Gabriel's father instead of Norman?

What if Spider-Man was apart of the War in the Middle East?

What if Jessica Jones wasn't in an accident and got bit by the spider and became Spider-Woman? (I'm sure theres a shorter way of saying that lol)

What if Spider-Man became a full time wrestler?

What if Spider-Man created the Young Avengers early in his career?

BANNED

What If Spider-Man realized how many people he have inspired?
    20181015101357424_Page_1.jpg
    20181015101357424_Page_4.jpg

let's see.. I haven't read anyone's responses yet.

Some general ideas. whether or not they'd make major stories, who knows..

What if the Symbiote skipped Eddie Brock and ended up with someone else? Like Jonah? Perhaps possessed in his sleep, and doesn't know he's stalking Peter at first..

What If.. The original Clone Saga never happened? Hmm..