Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

What if Ben Reilly and Phil Urich had become partners after their team-up against Joystick and El Toro Negro from the Great Game?

-Pav, who knows everyone wonders about that one...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    What if Ben Reilly and Phil Urich had become partners after their team-up against Joystick and El Toro Negro from the Great Game?

-Pav, who knows everyone wonders about that one...
    Would have been interesting to see a Spider-Man and Green Goblin as partners in crimefighting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man joining the Thunderbolts would be an interesting What If? to take on. Considering how many times he's been mistaken for or misrepresented as a criminal in canon . . .
    Seeing J. Jonah Jameson's response is particularly why I'd like to see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Seeing J. Jonah Jameson's response is particularly why I'd like to see this happen.
    Uh-huh. I could see him working the angle of Spider-Man leading his own crime outfit pretty hard.

That could also backfire on him though. If Spiderman turns out to be successful at it, maybe even reforming a few of them. He might actually hold off on that particular focus until they fail at least once, even slightly.

Probably done already. But still, never seen it:

Spider-Man keeps the Venom Symbiote. And actually turns to be able to tame it after communicating with it and realizing it only wants to make him happy. Go from there, and Spider-Man actually becomes a stronger hero, at the price of having to deal with a permanent roommate in his head.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Probably done already. But still, never seen it:

Spider-Man keeps the Venom Symbiote. And actually turns to be able to tame it after communicating with it and realizing it only wants to make him happy. Go from there, and Spider-Man actually becomes a stronger hero, at the price of having to deal with a permanent roommate in his head.
    Sadly, this isn’t a Shounen. Spider-Man isn’t allowed to have a permanent upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Sadly, this isn’t a Shounen. Spider-Man isn’t allowed to have a permanent upgrade.
    Yeah. Any power upgrade he gets happens over time just to stay relevant. But really, I proposed it, more than just the power, because I am a real fan of Venom and it always got to me that there was this sense of tragedy between Spider-Man and the Symbiote. That if he had just been a bit more understanding, he would have gotten the ally of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    That could also backfire on him though. If Spiderman turns out to be successful at it, maybe even reforming a few of them. He might actually hold off on that particular focus until they fail at least once, even slightly.
    Good point, actually.

Yeah. Any power upgrade he gets happens over time just to stay relevant. But really, I proposed it, more than just the power, because I am a real fan of Venom and it always got to me that there was this sense of tragedy between Spider-Man and the Symbiote. That if he had just been a bit more understanding, he would have gotten the ally of his life.
    Yeah, I could see that one, and I'd generally agree with it.

Honestly, I always thought it dumb to not allow Peter to keep the symbiote and have that, along with his upgrades from the Queen and the Other, allow him to become more powerful and have a greater impact on stories and whatever crossovers came after it. Imagine Peter going through Maximum Carnage with the Venom symbiote and how much different the story would've played out.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

An idea I had for a what if (and possible retcon) would be if the sniper had killed Aunt May and MJ had been killed during the events of Civil War. I can imagine how Peter's mindset and character would take a radical shift to the point where his interactions with villains and other heroes would be turned on their heads. As a result, Peter's character would more closely resemble Kaine's or Logan's than it would, say, Frank Castle.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    An idea I had for a what if (and possible retcon) would be if the sniper had killed Aunt May and MJ had been killed during the events of Civil War. I can imagine how Peter's mindset and character would take a radical shift to the point where his interactions with villains and other heroes would be turned on their heads. As a result, Peter's character would more closely resemble Kaine's or Logan's than it would, say, Frank Castle.
    There's an actual What If? for Back in Black where it was Mary Jane that got hit by the Kingpin's sniper instead of Aunt May, and she died almost immediately. Peter's reaction was to go on the warpath, starting with the sniper himself before pummeling Iron Man at least twice for standing in the way of him getting to the Kingpin because Kingpin had helped Iron Man by dropping a dime on the anti-registration forces led by Captain America and was calling in the debt Iron Man owed him for that assistance. Then, when Kingpin tried to leverage Aunt May's life so that Peter would let Kingpin kill him, Peter's response was to punch a hole in Kingpin's chest, right through his heart, much to Aunt May's horror and disgust, and the issue ended with Peter bitterly musing as Iron Man had him arrested for killing Kingpin that if he'd really known what he was doing, he'd have never married MJ (and by inference, she'd still be alive). I always wondered what Peter's trial would have been like if the story hadn't ended there, given all the dirty secrets and deeds on the pro-registration side, so even if Peter Parker wouldn't be a free man ever again after killing Wilson Fisk, it would be very likely (at least to me) that the post-Civil War status quo would have collapsed even sooner than it did in canon.

What if Spider-Man was a mutant, and joined the X-Men instead of acting as a loner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    What if Spider-Man was a mutant, and joined the X-Men instead of acting as a loner?
    I'd be down for that to spin off into a mini.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Another Venom-related What If:

Venom's original origin story is in full effect: Instead of a man Eddie Brock we get a woman that was pregnant and during one of Spider-Man's fights against a villain she loses her child as a result of it and blames Spider-Man in her heartbroken state, before she proceeds to bond with the Symbiote to create Venom.