Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

he would probably become Peter Parker the spectacular duck man.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here's a trippy one -

What if the radioactive spider bit J. Jonah Jameson?
    That one actually has some interesting legs because I can see Jonah becoming a hardboiled vigilante.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    That one actually has some interesting legs because I can see Jonah becoming a hardboiled vigilante.
    As can I actually.

I would try my hand at writing such a fanfiction if I had any idea where to take the concept after the first couple of chapters/episodes. The thing about most other What Ifs? listed in this thread is they stem from the canon timeline as Peter is Spider-Man already when the divergent event occurs (or a similar high school aged person is; i.e. Gwen or MJ), not so here.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

As can I actually.

I would try my hand at writing such a fanfiction if I had any idea where to take the concept after the first couple of chapters/episodes. The thing about most other What Ifs? listed in this thread is they stem from the canon timeline as Peter is Spider-Man already when the divergent event occurs (or a similar high school aged person is; i.e. Gwen or MJ), not so here.
    You can roughly follow the timeline albeit focusing more on other events.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    You can roughly follow the timeline albeit focusing more on other events.
    Wouldn't things change dramatically though given an adult hero vs a high school aged hero? Plus, Jonah is well rather bombastic in approach to life, unlike post-burglar Peter who is far more cool-headed and jokey. I think events would be altered quite a bit by this different status quo.

Incredible Member

What if Ben wasn’t fast enough to sacrific his life in PP#75 to save Peter, and Peter got killed by the Goblin Glider?

Peters public death as Spider-Man means that Ben, even if wanted too, could never be Peter Parker again, and all the major Spider-Man events over the past 2 decades, (the return of Aunt May, The Other, Civil War, Spider-Island, meeting Miles, Superior, etc) would have had Ben Reilly.

I could see JJJ kinda acting like he is now, toward Peter, but this time it would be in the memory of Peter.

What if Mary Jane had actually died in the plane crash rather than been abducted?

let's see.. I haven't read anyone's responses yet.

Some general ideas. whether or not they'd make major stories, who knows..

What if the Symbiote skipped Eddie Brock and ended up with someone else? Like Jonah? Perhaps possessed in his sleep, and doesn't know he's stalking Peter at first..

What If.. The original Clone Saga never happened? Hmm..

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What if J Jonah Jameson didn’t have his epiphany when Spidey took off his mask and instead outed him?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    In the grand tradition of Marvel's What If series, create your own premises for Spider related What Ifs. Feel free to go into detail or fill out details of other posts!

Examples:

What If Uncle Ben AND Aunt May were killed by the burgler?
    That is the ultimate Spider-Man What If? Or what if the burglar didn't kill anyone? Both leave a different Peter Parker.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That is the ultimate Spider-Man What If? Or what if the burglar didn't kill anyone? Both leave a different Peter Parker.
    What if the Peter Parker Stopped the Burglar has been done.

What If #19
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_1_19

It's actually one of the best What If issues.

Here is a tragic yet interesting possible What If? -

What if Mary Jane died in childbirth but Baby May lived?

BANNED

Here is a tragic yet interesting possible What If? -

What if Mary Jane died in childbirth but Baby May lived?
    You have a version of that in Earth X: Spidey. MJ didn't die in childbirth but of a disease later on and Peter became a single father raising May after that. It's not a pleasant story. It's an AU of an AU (i.e. Spider-Girl).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You have a version of that in Earth X: Spidey. MJ didn't die in childbirth but of a disease later on and Peter became a single father raising May after that. It's not a pleasant story. It's an AU of an AU (i.e. Spider-Girl).
    I'm aware, but I still think my idea has its own merit and could go in a different (less dark) direction.

BANNED

I'm aware, but I still think my idea has its own merit and could go in a different (less dark) direction.
    Spider-Man as MJ's widower is pretty dark as a concept. We have had that in-canon during the Mackie-Byrne era and it made the stories into a bleakfest. You have Spider-Man Reign where MJ becomes "Saint MJ" and while that makes more sense than "Saint Gwen" it doesn't make it readable and Peter's guilt about her death while slightly better in a situation where she dies of childbirth would still be pretty dark to do.

Mary Jane is the great emotional center at the heart of the Spider-Man mythos, a figure of optimism, cheerfulness, and warmth. So it's kind of hard to do a story after she's gone. I can see more potential in a story of MJ as Peter's widow raising a daughter by herself. You see a widow MJ in USM during the Death of Spider-Man arc and fallout where she's kind of a big sister figure for Miles Morales and is the one Miles goes for counsel on his relationship woes.