Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

What if Spider-Man lived in the Hyborian Age?

What if the Green Goblin actually was a demon?

What if Spider-Man decided to keep the Lifeline Tablet?

What if Spider-Man decided to mentor the Slingers?

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here's a trippy one -

What if the radioactive spider bit J. Jonah Jameson?
    As can I actually.

I would try my hand at writing such a fanfiction if I had any idea where to take the concept after the first couple of chapters/episodes. The thing about most other What Ifs? listed in this thread is they stem from the canon timeline as Peter is Spider-Man already when the divergent event occurs (or a similar high school aged person is; i.e. Gwen or MJ), not so here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    You can roughly follow the timeline albeit focusing more on other events.
    Wouldn't things change dramatically though given an adult hero vs a high school aged hero? Plus, Jonah is well rather bombastic in approach to life, unlike post-burglar Peter who is far more cool-headed and jokey. I think events would be altered quite a bit by this different status quo.
    I could see him being Old Man Spider, the complete opposite of Peter and Miles who hates being Spider-Man and blames Spider-Man (himself) for everything wrong with his life (friends turn criminals and failed relationships) and New York, coming up with stories for the Bugle about Spider-Man is a menace and nobody should like him. There could also be counterparts between the old/young characters: Harry-Norman, Flash-Wilson Fisk, Mary Jane-May Reilly (May Jane Reilly lol), Joan-Gwen Stacy, Marla-Black Cat,

BANNED

what if old man Peter from reign formed a league of extraordinary old men with all the other old man characters.

Astonishing Member

What if the radioactive spider didn't bite anyone?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They ever do a “what if Peter stopped the guy who killed Uncle Ben?”

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They ever do a “what if Peter stopped the guy who killed Uncle Ben?”
    I think they did. He continues in showbiz as a sellout and gets Daredevil killed.

What if Spider-man killed Aunt May?

By which I mean, Seeing that nasty old Spider-Man do something or finding out about Peter's Identity actually DOES cause that fatal Heart Attack that Peter was always trying to protect her from? Preferablly back in the pre-gwen/goblin death back in the high school days of figuring out his role. It would be an interesting twist that A) Uncle Ben's death caused him to take on the responsibility of being Spider-man… and B) Becoming Spider-man led directly to his Aunt's death?? Where would that leave him? He'd be trapped between responsibilities??

@ Phantom1592

Wow, great idea I must say. Furthermore, as a fanfiction author of Spider-Man stories I have no clear idea of how to resolve it. Perhaps Peter would be better off in the long run as he could have his own life rather than constantly worrying about Aunt May's health. On the flipside of things, he would not want to get close to anyone else because of his past experience causing the deaths of his loved ones. Other than that, you've stumped my usually creative mind, bravo. I am impressed.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-24-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What If: Aunt May decided to move to another city after Uncle Ben's death? What would Spider-Man be like if his "career" had evolved in Chicago.. Los Angeles.. Miami.. Houston.. Boston..

@ Phantom1592

Wow, great idea I must say. Furthermore, as a fanfiction author of Spider-Man stories I have no clear idea of how to resolve it. Perhaps Peter would be better off in the long run as he could have his own life rather than constantly worrying about Aunt May's health. On the flipside of things, he would not want to get close to anyone else because of his past experience causing the deaths of his loved ones. Other than that, you've stumped my usually creative mind, bravo. I am impressed.
    I'm a fan of when heroes are actually right.

There's been a push over the last 20 years or so to say that Peter was wrong and selfish for not telling May his secret. That she could have handled it, that he was patronizing and a bunch of other stuff... up to the cartoons and movies constantly making her younger and more active...

but that's not how Stan was writing her. Back then there was a SERIOUS issue that she could and would fall over dead with the slightest shock or stress... He had to ditch a green goblin fight because she was in the hospital... So that's a What If that could have happened. I'm curious how it would have played out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm a fan of when heroes are actually right.

There's been a push over the last 20 years or so to say that Peter was wrong and selfish for not telling May his secret. That she could have handled it, that he was patronizing and a bunch of other stuff... up to the cartoons and movies constantly making her younger and more active...

but that's not how Stan was writing her. Back then there was a SERIOUS issue that she could and would fall over dead with the slightest shock or stress... He had to ditch a green goblin fight because she was in the hospital... So that's a What If that could have happened. I'm curious how it would have played out.
    I think Ultimate Spider-Man handled it best. She really didn’t like Spider-Man. He knew that, but still told her because at that point it was too important. She wasn’t really ok with it, but she eventually accepted it given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I think Ultimate Spider-Man handled it best. She really didn’t like Spider-Man. He knew that, but still told her because at that point it was too important. She wasn’t really ok with it, but she eventually accepted it given enough time.
    Any time parents become aware of underage kids breaking laws and doing dangerous things... morals get fuzzy. I can understand Peter wanting to be Spider-man… but it's tough when Aunt May supports him being Spider-man. It's like everything wrong with Batman recruiting kids... but she isn't even doing any training or anything. I mean, technically she's liable or an accessory now in laws he breaks.

I'm 100% in favor of kids keeping their superheroing a secret from their parents in all situations.

Spectacular Member

What if aunt May and uncle Ben had a baby?

What if J. Jonah Jameson was bitten by a radioactive spider?
    Pull List: Currently Empty

What if Peter couldn't stop the man-spider transformation?

What if Spider-Man was part of the Wild Pack?

What if Spider-Man's powers never returned?