Default Batman #61 preview

Maybe we won't get a direct continuation of last issue just yet. Let's wait and see

https://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-38/
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Always Rakzo

This was... okay enough? I mean, I saw that "twist" coming a mile away and I wasn't a fan of the villain the first time he appeared but still, the contrast between Bruce and him was decently done.

Art was good overall. Not bad, not great, passable.

Pretty much what I thought about the issue. Ok
    The art itself was definition of servicable as well (IMO).

This kid is batsh!t crazy, lol. I love these little one and done side stories, (Crazy Matt first appeared in #38 I believe) that King drops in, in between the bigger overall story he’s telling. It’ll be interesting to see Matthew’s progression while in Arkham, won’t be easy adding to his body count in there.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Maybe a stupid question but:

spoilers:
    Is it possible that Matthew is going to be the Arkham Knight in Detective Comics?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

spoilers:
    Is it possible that Matthew is going to be the Arkham Knight in Detective Comics?
    end of spoilers
    One's a kid, the other looks like an adult, so probably not.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Meh it was an ok issue. I don’t really care that much about this kid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nah I doubt it. Tomasi is going to want to set things up on his own.

DC Comics Historian

Why is everyone trying to be Morrison? Grant took Batman and did amazing things when it came to tinkering with the past and throwing things at us that we weren't expecting. But now two writers have tried to imitate his style brazenly. It's not even subtle. King is trying to be cute. It's not working for me. It's even come down to throwing a nonsense issue before continuing his storyline just like Morrison did before ending his Batman Inc. run. Sigh...

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theonetruebatman View Post
    Why is everyone trying to be Morrison? Grant took Batman and did amazing things when it came to tinkering with the past and throwing things at us that we weren't expecting. But now two writers have tried to imitate his style brazenly. It's not even subtle. King is trying to be cute. It's not working for me. It's even come down to throwing a nonsense issue before continuing his storyline just like Morrison did before ending his Batman Inc. run. Sigh...
    Seriously, where do you see any similarities? And how is having a "nonsense" issue something unique to Morrison? How do we even know this is a "nonsense" issue? A lot of King's issues don't seem to tie into the overall plot of his arc.