Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    It's too early to do another Doom arc. Give me an arc about adjusting to life on Earth: Val with the Champions, Franklin with the X-Men, Reed and Sue catching up with friends that think they're dead, etc. We haven't seen these characters since 2015. I think we actually treat it like them coming home and adjusting to what happened. Jumping straight into another arc is abrupt and annoying.
    I'd even be fine with a Diablo arc or something like that. Something that elevates that character to being an actual threat again (and update the costume). But nope we have Doom. Again.
    He had his own series while the FF were disbanded, he is the character in entire franchise that does not need any more attention. Give me an arc about Sue for once. She's a meant to be a main character yet Doom has had more development and stories than her. I'm tired of Doom being used at the expense of Sue, Ben, and Johnny. The supposed main characters who could actually use more attention.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Runaways continues, and thus Marvel will still receive a small portion of my money.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

holy crap those x-solicits are garbage! is this the early 2000s?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    holy crap those x-solicits are garbage! is this the early 2000s?
    "Is this the early 2000s?" is the sickest burn ever. I love it

Doctor Doom is Marvel's biggest villain. Benching him for six months is already generous, and we're getting three issues worth of content about the main cast just next week. Also, some readers might feel that the book has spent too much time on celebration and restoration, and want to see the next big thing. I think it's the right time.

UNSTOPABBLE WASP NOT CANCELLED

just some delays, phew!
    Last edited by Captain M; 12-18-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Doctor Doom is Marvel's biggest villain. Benching him for six months is already generous, and we're getting three issues worth of content about the main cast just next week. Also, some readers might feel that the book has spent too much time on celebration and restoration, and want to see the next big thing. I think it's the right time.
    He hasn't been benched for six months though. He still appears often and he can easily show up in another book. I don't want a continuation of celebrating their return, I want stories arcs about them and more development. Instead we are getting that for Doom and Latveria again and it's so tiring. The next big thing shouldn't always be another Doom story that has been done to death. It's about time something new and interesting is actually done with the main cast, particular Sue, Johnny, and Ben.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Still waiting for a Champions story for Val and an X-Men story for Franklin, Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    UNSTOPABBLE WASP NOT CANCELLED

just some delays, phew!
    ooooooh
    OH THANK GOD

This is where we make the lists, right?

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #4
    SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN #3
    AGE OF CONAN: BÊLIT #1 (OF 5)
    Batman - Daredevil

I'll be getting:
    Avengers #16 and #17
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #10
    Spider-Man: Far from Home Prelude #1
    The Punisher #9
    Iron Man Epic Collection: The Man who killed Tony Stark
    Marvel Action Avengers #4
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 12-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I can't wait for Meet the Skrulls, it looks like its going to be outside of the box book that does not involve traditional heroics.

I also can't wait for Aaron to be done with the Avengers. The Hulk version of She-Hulk needs to be scrapped and forgotten as soon as possible
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Runaways continues, and thus Marvel will still receive a small portion of my money.
    Same. I'll be getting Superior Spider-Man as well, although all this Terrax talk for the first four issues leaves me a little underwhelmed..

...which is how I feel in general: I like to buy monthlies for interesting C-listers, mostly -- books like Sleepwalker and Shatterstar. Can't say there's anything like that in March that really catches my interest.

Oh well.

-Pav, who hopes we're getting that hinted-at Secret Defenders book soon...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely:
    Avengers 16 & 17 - I'll at least finish this story arc. It's been up and down but I want to give the Vampire story a chance.
    West Coast Avengers 9 - This book has been a lot of fun.
    Killmonger 5 - Looking forward to the conclusion. This book has been great so far.
    Daredevil 3 - With that solicitation, how can I pass this up?
    Black Panther 10 - Is this arc really ending at 12? It seems to be making progress but this could be a middle arc based on the solicit.
    Jessica Jones Purple Daughter MGN - The price doesn't make much sense, but I've been buying digitally and the trade in print.

Probably:
    Captain Marvel 3 - I'm thinking about this book a lot. We'll see how I feel when I have to buy books in January.
    Marvel Rising 1 - A sane numbering system? I liked the last series. I wish the creative team was the same.

Maybe:
    Mett the Skrulls 1 & 2 - I'm tempted to get this because the premise is just goofy fun, but I'll have to see how things are financially.
    Invaders 3 - I haven't read the Defenders stuff yet, but I read the Avengers stuff. If I like the Namor issue, maybe I'll get this.
    Marvel Comics Presents 3 - I'm getting the first issue because it has Nocenti writing. I'd like this book to last so I'll probably keep supporting it, but I know I can't get everything.

Random thoughts:
    Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History - Oh for fucks sake.
    Marvel's Spider-Man - A comic based on the video game? OK.
    The Incredible Hulk 181 is the issue that canonically establishes that the Hulk likes beans, right?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Alrighty!

Daredevil #3
    Invaders #3
    Winter Soldier #4
    Captain America #9
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #10
    Punisher #9

Thinking about catching up on Fantastic Four. How has Dan Slott been doing on the book?