Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Meet the Skrulls sounds pretty fun. Hope it’s similar to The Vision series from King.
    Venom, Inmortal Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man all seem like they’re not dipping in quality.
    Looking forward to Guardians & Daredevil.

There are, of course a few more solicits to post - namely, IDW's Marvel Action Line!

Marvel Action: Avengers #4—Cover A: Jon Sommariva
    Matthew K. Manning (w) • Jon Sommariva (a & c)
    Magic and mayhem collide for more mighty Marvel action in this new adventure featuring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Thor, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange have gone missing! Forced to face fiendish foes without their teammates, can the rest of the Avengers find their friends before it’s too late? And what’s this about a ruby?! It’s an adventure you’ll need to see, True Believers!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Chad Thomas!

Bullet points:
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes tackle adventures perfect for young and old readers alike!
    Jump in to Marvel action as you’ve never seen it before!
    All your favorite heroes are here: team up with Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow, and more!

Marvel Action: Black Panther #3
    Kyle Baker (w) • Juan Samu (a & c)
    Black Panther and Shuri faced a deadly swarm of mosquitos in the depths of the Wakandan jungle. Now they must race home to defend their country from the mastermind behind the recent unnatural natural disasters.
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Michael Avon Oeming!

Bullet points:
    Story by multiple Eisner and Harvey award winner Kyle Baker!

Marvel Action: Spider-Man #5—Cover A: Christopher Jones
    Erik Burnham (w) • Christopher Jones (a & c)
    Now that Peter, Miles, and Gwen have joined forces, nothing can stop them! Except maybe for homework and an internship at the Daily Bugle. Not to mention being stalked by a most dangerous foe… Kraven the Hunter!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:
    Order 10 copies and get one free variant cover by Juan Samu!

Bullet points:
    This exciting new story arc features the Marvel Action debut of Kraven the Hunter!
    Variant cover by Marvel Action: Black Panther artist Juan Samu!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There are, of course a few more solicits to post - namely, IDW's Marvel Action Line!

Magic and mayhem collide for more mighty Marvel action in this new adventure featuring Earth’s Mightiest Heroes! Thor, Captain Marvel, and Doctor Strange have gone missing! Forced to face fiendish foes without their teammates, can the rest of the Avengers find their friends before it’s too late? And what’s this about a ruby?! It’s an adventure you’ll need to see, True Believers!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes tackle adventures perfect for young and old readers alike!
    All your favorite heroes are here: team up with Captain America, Black Panther, Black Widow, and more!

Black Panther and Shuri faced a deadly swarm of mosquitos in the depths of the Wakandan jungle. Now they must race home to defend their country from the mastermind behind the recent unnatural natural disasters.
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:

Now that Peter, Miles, and Gwen have joined forces, nothing can stop them! Except maybe for homework and an internship at the Daily Bugle. Not to mention being stalked by a most dangerous foe… Kraven the Hunter!
    FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:
    This exciting new story arc features the Marvel Action debut of Kraven the Hunter!
    I ordered Marvel Action Avengers so I'm looking forward to see how it is. I miss the old Marvel Adventures line.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Retailer incentives:

Bullet points:
    I wonder what design they'll use for Strange...does he have a generic, promotional art, design like some of the Avengers do?

Oh, and I'm surprised Shuri's Marvel Action design looks more like her current comic look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I ordered Marvel Action Avengers so I'm looking forward to see how it is. I miss the old Marvel Adventures line.
    Same here.

You know, the solicit doesn't mention it, but that Spider-Man cover shows a couple of squirrels... that makes me wonder if Doreen Green will be a surprise guest.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Not too much stuff, which I'm pretty happy with. I think I've found my sweet spot with following Marvel monthly, so I can't see myself picking anything up without dropping something else.

Definitely:
    VENOM #12
    FANTASTIC FOUR #8 - Hopping back onto this series.
    DAREDEVIL #3 - Are we just... not describing issues with solicitations anymore? Or is this a CBR fail?
    OLD MAN QUILL #3 (OF 12)
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 - Oh hey... Wraith... y tho? With a sword, he looks way too much like that one emo character in your D&D campaign. Also, surprised Cosmic Ghost Rider isn't gonna be in the main Guardians line-up... unless the Dark Guardians are the protagonists of this run? I mean... I kinda doubt Marvel would let Cates do that, but who knows. Maybe they'll be co-protagonists or alternate issues or something? That would be kinda cool.
    UNCANNY X-MEN #13
    UNCANNY X-MEN #14 - Digging that roster. Cyclops, Wolverine Magik, Hope and Jamie? Good stuff. And I guess possibly Havok... don't really care about him and haven't really read anything where he didn;'t basically require his connection to Scott to be relevant or interesting. But yeah, good team, and it'll be cool to see Scott lead an X-Men team again after so long. AM NOT keen on the outfits, however. Logan wearing that colour outfit? MAYBE. But Scott wearing the 90s look? I mean... really? It has not aged well and, seriously, the Y-belt is dumb -- what is he, advertising his chromosomes? Hopefully he goes back to the Astonishing outfit sooner rather than later. I guess it at least plays off Jean's current suit kinda okay? At least theoretically it should, given how her outfit is so close to HER 90s outfit?
    X-FORCE #4 - Got the first issue early but haven't read it yet... though I really wanna give this series at least an arc. I like the cast and Brisson is an alright writer.
    X-FORCE #5 - My theory is, if this really isn't an alternate universe Cable, then he's gonna have all the stuff he did in the present wiped from his mind before HIS grand finale, when he heads back to where he came from, similar to what he wanted to do with the O5.

THANOS BY DONNY CATES HC - Oh **** yeah. Low-key annoys me that Cates' story in Legacy isn't in the trade... also, this is basically a "prelude to Cates GotG" trade. Thank God this was solicited early enough that I can
    AVENGERS WORLD: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB
    SECRET AVENGERS BY RICK REMENDER: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Started reading some of this recently for Flash Thompson and it was surprisingly good. I'm not Remender's biggest fan and Brubaker's Secret AVengers was resoundingly boring, but this is probably good. Might stick with it. Mostly for Flash Thompson still

Maybe:
    CONAN THE BARBARIAN #4 - Not sure if I wanna follow this anymore.
    SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #1 (OF 6) - Sounds mildly interesting. Also surprised they're keeping Flash as a Vietnam war vet, what with the sliding timescale and all.
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER DESTROYS MARVEL HISTORY #1 (OF 6) - Dig the character... when Cates is writing him, at least. No clue who these two are. Also, not really keen on Sandoval art, even on a humorous series.
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE MARVELOUS X-MEN #2 (OF 5) - Reading Uncanny X-Men has MURDERED my hope for this event, even if I like Naddler and Thompson's work so far. Especially since I might just read Uncanny for Cyclops, and how this feels like it may lack any proper... Idno, impact or significance in the end. Cyclops leading a new team is infinitely more interesting than yet another alternate universe thing.
    AGE OF X-MAN: PRISONER X #1 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: NEXTGEN #2 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: APOCALYPSE & THE X-TRACTS #1 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #2 (OF 5)
    AGE OF X-MAN: X-TREMISTS #2 (OF 5)
    MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #1 (OF 6) - For the bonus scenes which I'm sure the next game won't give a single **** about :P
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #9 - Might hop back on after all because I need more solo ongoings.
    INVADERS #3 Depending on the first issue.
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #4
    WINTER SOLDIER #4 (OF 5)

JESSICA JONES: PURPLE DAUGHTER MPGN TPB - Well... that's dark af. Although I doubt it's not a copout. Also, never read Blind Spot; forgot it even existed until now, and even then, I can only faintly remember.
    SILVER SURFER: PARABLE 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION HC - I've heard VERY good things about this, but man that's expensive... also, weird dimensions (I think?), which is a mistake I made with the Justice League: World's Greatest Heroes trade. Also, just kinda wish they reprinted that Silver Surfer omnibus from way back when and just include this in it.
    X-MEN: EVE OF DESTRUCTION HC - JUST CALL IT AN OMNIBUS! Jeez, this thing is bigger than some of MArvel's actual omnibi. But then again, the X-Men have A LOT of really huge hardcovers. But yeah, haven't ever read this, and this is the stuff immediately prior to Morrison's New X-Men and has Cyclops focus probably, so sure. Though I have NEVER read the story where he became Apocalypse... give that a hardcover next, Marvel!
    SHURI VOL. 1: THE SEARCH FOR BLACK PANTHER TPB - Not sure how much I'm gonna stick to my whole "read everything Black Panther in trade" thing, especially since "Avengers of the New World" killed a lot of my enthusiasm for the run that "A Nation Under Our Feet" generated.
    VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOL. 2 TPB - Already following this series so might just wait for the inevitable hardcovers that DON'T leave out the Web of Venom stuff.
    SHATTERSTAR TPB - Because I'm on a big X-Force kick and liked Shatterstar in X-Factor. And Seeley is an... okay writer, if unsubtle and wordier than he should be.
    MARVEL KNIGHTS 20TH TPB - Depending on how it ends, because so far, it feels like it should be 4 issues and not 6.
    BLACK ORDER: THE WARMASTERS OF THANOS TPB - I read and liked the first issue, even if I still question why the crap Black Swan didn't clone her family like she wanted to. Seeing Corvus obsess over being funny was great though, and he and Proxima are still adorable.
    SPIDER-MAN 2099 VS. VENOM 2099 TPB
    IRON MAN: HEROES RETURN — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 1 TPB - I've heard good things about Busiek's Iron Man run, plus it's Busiek, I'm assuming it's good. I'm not really keen on modern Iron Man and have heard of some good older Iron Man stuff, so might give it a go.
    X-MEN BY PETER MILLIGAN VOL. 1: DANGEROUS LIAISONS TPB - Gonna try to blow past that Black Panther crossover and Hudlin, because I mostly like Milligan's stuff that I've read and I THINK I've heard good things about this run? And it leads into Carey's, so maybe.
    MIGHTY AVENGERS BY DAN SLOTT: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Never finished Bendis run and it was super boring, but I think I've heard good thigns about the rest of the series for being fun.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Wtf are up with She-Hulk's eyes on that Avengers #16 cover?

Oh wow, Asgardians of the Galaxy is still going?! I'm sure even Bunn was surprised

That Greg Land cover for Amazing Spider-Man is not as worse as it could've been, especially with Black Cat as the focus. Also... please, Spencer! You JUST fixed her!

Really? Really with that Belit cover?

Why isn't Thor using the gold Mjolnir over in, well, Thor? f Avengers takes place after it... oh God, the gold arm and hammer are staying post-Aaron, isn't it? Ugh.

Kam... that jacket... with that circle, DC's gonna come over and rip that thing off you.

Ah, solicitations. I'm sure Kam will die in Champions #3, and that new series will be about her ghost.

That Far From Home Prelude cover is not good... Did they run it through a bad filter or something? Why does it look like awkward, bad CGI? I mean, the suit is CGI in a lot of Homecoming, but... he's just standing there and thatmovie can't be too done yet, right?

Oh wow, Shuri is meant to be an ONGOING?! I just figured it was a miniseries!

That Black Widow cover is a nice improvement from the usual Clayton Crain "my woman look like weirdly posed CGI models with fucked up forearms" and the sketchiness probably helps it more than anything... but the thighs look OFF and Nat's left arm and Madame Masque's right arm look messed up.

I kinda dig that Captain Marvel cover.

I like that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur hasn't been relaunched because, well, that'd confuse the **** out of parents and kids. Almost as if the constant relaunches is dumb and they should stop doing them... and I guess the SQuirrel Girl readership is capped and relaunches won't help? No clue why that hasn't been part of the relaunches.

The Star Wars #63 cover makes me think of Loki in his kid form so hard. But that's just because I remember his crown... helmet... thing so much; I didn't even read that run (coincidentally enough, also by Gillen).

Still surprised (and glad) that Doctor Aphra is still going. Really need to catch up on that series, and hoping I can like Spurrier this time.

I love how, on that Marvel Rising cover, without that white down the bottom and the webs, the only way to tell Gwen and Carol apart would be the pink hair they gave Gwen for that series (as low-key tacky as it is).

A Heroes Reborn omnibus? But... just... why?!

I like the idea of that The World Outside Your Window trade, but... man, that's gonna need updating. Like, how DC put out the "expanded edition" of their Rebirth omnibus

That Jack Kirby hardcover... is there any rhyme or reason -- besides those being the issues Kirby worked on -- to collect issues in such a sporadic order? It's so expensive too...

That Gillen Thor trade... reminds me that I need to finis reading his Thor run, except I have the Ultimate Collection which is the same thing

That Avengers Assemble trade... 1. Black Widow is the only person in a good position to hold it and not immediately lose it. 2. Her boobs are gonna knock someone out, jeez! Also, I don't even know what's in this trade; haven't heard of any of the stuff inside. MAYBE the Ant-Man and Wasp and Black Panther things? Maybe?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    DAREDEVIL #3 - Are we just... not describing issues with solicitations anymore? Or is this a CBR fail?
    Given where the last volume left off, Marvel is playing it close to the vest in not revealing many details about the relaunch and what condition Matt will be in.

You know, the solicit doesn't mention it, but that Spider-Man cover shows a couple of squirrels... that makes me wonder if Doreen Green will be a surprise guest.
    A valid question. The cover does scream Squirrel Girl, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Given where the last volume left off, Marvel is playing it close to the vest in not revealing many details about the relaunch and what condition Matt will be in.
    I'm glad they haven't revealed anything yet. I prefer them this way. Tell me which issues are coming out and leave it at that.

How is ANYTHING involving Kamala "movie synergy" - she's not in the movies yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doing something with Skrulls seems movie-inspired, assuming those are the aliens she's dealing with.
    Her ancestor ran afoul of Skrulls already. Fair bet that they're tracking down Kamala to finish what they started.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    This is where we make the lists, right?
    Expect to get:
    * Black Widow #3
    * Daredevil #3
    * Invaders #3
    and possibly Captain America #9.

(Not sure about Domino: Hotshots yet . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Expect to get:
    * Black Widow #3
    * Daredevil #3
    * Invaders #3
    and possibly Captain America #9.

(Not sure about Domino: Hotshots yet . . .)
    Might also add some Spider-stuff, too.