Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    In the scene where Cyclops is back with Kid Cable they have him in his best (pre-Mutant Revolutionary) costume, but by the time his series comes along they switch to his worst, the god awful and dated 90's look. Why?!

Other than that disappointment I'm just glad he's back no matter who the rest of the cast are.
    That's what I'm saying. Please don't let that be his suit up.

It's awful. No more diapers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    In the scene where Cyclops is back with Kid Cable they have him in his best (pre-Mutant Revolutionary) costume, but by the time his series comes along they switch to his worst, the god awful and dated 90's look. Why?!

Other than that disappointment I'm just glad he's back no matter who the rest of the cast are.
    Reminds me of Jean's fantastic black Phoenix uniform from Ressurrection being replaced with that god-awful blue monstrosity.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Reminds me of Jean's fantastic black Phoenix uniform from Ressurrection being replaced with that god-awful blue monstrosity.
    All for the nostalgia wank. Ugly dated costumes are ugly and dated the 2nd time around too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    All for the nostalgia wank. Ugly dated costumes are ugly and dated the 2nd time around too.
    Thas ironic bc Jean's costume in Resurrection was the exact same costume with a different color scheme. Her current one is at least an original design with nostalgic inspiration

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thas ironic bc Jean's costume in Resurrection was the exact same costume with a different color scheme. Her current one is at least an original design with nostalgic inspiration
    The one in resurrection at least looked nice. They went with the 90s inspired fugly because they are on that 90s wank and it’s awful. Seriously who looks at that costume andthinks it looks good?

BANNED

At least the Phoenix costume is timeless. It doesn't have any era-specific crap in it.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    At least the Phoenix costume is timeless. It doesn't have any era-specific crap in it.
    You mean to tell me baking pan shoulder pads, awkward head gear, and 2 primary colors dates you? No way! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Unnecessarily changing the colors on one of the best costumes ever still nets you a good costume, making a new one inspired by dated, genero trash will net you dated, genero trash. That looks like a Fruit Roll-Up/a rule 63 Optimus Prime.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

The one in resurrection at least looked nice. They went with the 90s inspired fugly because they are on that 90s wank and it’s awful. Seriously who looks at that costume andthinks it looks good?
    I actually like the costume, but it doesn't look good here.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I actually like the costume, but it doesn't look good here.
    I hated all the 90s costumes the pouches, underwear, shoulder pads all horrible. ��

You mean to tell me baking pan shoulder pads, awkward head gear, and 2 primary colors dates you? No way! Lmao
    The 90's design trope of putting all this random metal crap on the faces of characters who still leave their faces and domes exposed is the absolute worst. Gambit needs to get over it, too.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I hated all the 90s costumes the pouches, underwear, shoulder pads all horrible. ��
    Part of it might just be the fact that this costume is used in a lot of games, so its generally well known. As for the 90's costumes, I'm probably biased since that's around the time I saw the X-men. Although, apart from Scott's and Rogue's costumes, I'm not too big a fan of others.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I do. Not at first but its dependent on the artist and many do capture it well

Scott’s best costume was right before that Morrison New X-Men mess.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Scott’s best costume was right before that Morrison New X-Men mess.
    I wish they kept that one longer.

1878796-eod.jpg
    cyclops-bigcostume9.jpg