Fantastic Member

Default DCEU Aquaman vs MCU Black Panther

DCEU Arthur vs MCU T'Challa
    Standard weapons and No BFR
    Who Wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Aquaman is going to have a tough time getting through the Vibranium Suit. That said, he's way more durable than most things that T'Challa can normally dish out and has a big old range advantage with his trident.

I'd say advantage Arthur but I'm not strongly committed.

Incredible Member

It really depends of in that Trident can get through Vibranium.

Tough one. The trident may or may not be able to penetrate the suit. If not, Aquaman can try a chokehold if he can close in on BP.

Atlantean special tech can cut/stab Arthur so we can assume Wakandan special magic space metal can cut him too right?

and I wonder if he could simply cut the trident in half... Orn was able to break the thing with brute force.

I feel like a mix of the force explosion and claws should give T'challa the advantage here. If Manta can slice and dice arthur a bit, meta T'challa should be able to connect frequently.

But I could be bias lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sincerely doubt Arthur's skins is somehow harder to cut than Cap's shield, which would make a choke hold problematic as T'Challa could utterly shred his forearms to ribbons

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    and I wonder if he could simply cut the trident in half... Orn was able to break the thing with brute force.
    On this point, Orm broke Aquaman's first trident, which belonged to his mother. His current trident is the trident of the first king of Atlantis and hit Orm's own weapon so hard it shattered into pieces.

I would be dubious on T'Challa doing anything more than superficial damage to the trident of Atlan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    On this point, Orm broke Aquaman's first trident, which belonged to his mother. His current trident is the trident of the first king of Atlantis and hit Orm's own weapon so hard it shattered into pieces.

I would be dubious on T'Challa doing anything more than superficial damage to the trident of Atlan.
    OH I thought we were giving his first trident the "standard weapon" considering he wielded it much longer in the movies so far.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    OH I thought we were giving his first trident the "standard weapon" considering he wielded it much longer in the movies so far.
    Default normally is "current" version so my assumption was that this would be an end of movie Aquaman with all the power that entails.

OP can clarify or we can just debate both iterations.

Are the near water?

If it's Aquaman by the end of the movie with the King's trident and near water Aquaman wins with little contest.

If it's on land I still feel Aquaman might take it. It would just be really difficult.

Downside of movie Panther is that outside of his suit and claws he didn't have other weapons really.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Swiss army nerd

Arthur's strength and durability are way beyond anything Panther can deal with, really. The suit is great but has to be flexible - nothing stopping Arthur using his submarine-lifting strength to slowly bend Panther's limbs to the point of snapping. Could even do that to his neck. And I'm sure Arthur can get close enough to do that. Sure, Panther can use his AoE, but that has to charge, and I don't see Panther overcoming the strength and durability differential here to get the win.

Tangential question - what's the verdict on no limits fallacy Vs movie vibranium? This ain't comic vibranium so doesn't get it's feats. What's the hardest hit we've seen MCU vibranium tank without breaking? Mjolnir in Avengers 1?

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Arthur got knocked out by a random fodder Atlantean and koed by a grenade

His striking power on land isn't even above the Rhino that Tchalla tanked, and Arthur has no answer to his kinetic blasts/bypassing his suit

Tchalla wins

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Arthur got knocked out by a random fodder Atlantean and koed by a grenade

His striking power on land isn't even above the Rhino that Tchalla tanked, and Arthur has no answer to his kinetic blasts/bypassing his suit

Tchalla wins
    That's more a feat for the striking power of the Atlantean "fodder" than it is a notch against Arthur's durability. The grenade definitely took him by surprise and stunned him, but he got right back up inside a ten count and went about his business. Arthur got whacked by the Kraken thing and kept on truckin. Tchalla can't blunt force him. Vibranium claws, yes, but his strength won't cut it.

His striking power on land is just fine, between the fights with Steppenwolf and Orm and Manta. And unlike a charging rhino, he can swing that force repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong, Vibranium suit makes it very hard for Arthur to punch his way out of it, but a neck snap or leg breaks out T'challa down fine for a ten count.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Arthur got knocked out by a random fodder Atlantean
    Incorrect. It was one of the different color suit elite soldiers, the same kind Orm assigned to Black Manta (in addition to giving him prototype gear) precisely because they needed to hunt Aquaman and Mera. Hard to miss they aren't more powerful, not only because of that but because in the incident you reference, the guy not only makes a dramatic entrance (after the actual fodder Atlantean security guard were being dispatched) but was able to energy charge his arm enough to generate shockwaves in land. And it's not like even that knocked Aquaman out instantly, he still needed another punch (and the guy had already punched him some too).

koed by a grenade
    Yet he's able to get up from a direct Blach Manta blast, an indirect one, and multiple stabbings and electrocution from his prototype Atlantean gear before he finally loses consciousness. In addition to stuff like getting up from the Karathen swatting him hard enough to break a pillar with him.

Given he shows no sign of injury at all after Manta's father shot him (the whole scene could have been edited out with zero consequence to what happened after), I have to wonder if his Ouch wasn't just him being a smartass, given the tone of the entire boarding part.

Tchalla wins
    I hope I can take your word on this at least? I skipped like half the MCU library.

Aquaman def has the strength and durability advantage, but T'Challa is the better h2h fighter and seems to have greater agility. If Aquaman can grab T'Challa then I think he wins. However, if T'Challa gets in close he could slash Aquaman's eyes or use his suit to keep Arthur off balance and perhaps disarm him.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!