Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It is worse since even a decade wont adress this as Marvel literally doesn't care for Rachel.

We always knew Peter would get back with MJ, it was just a matter of when. I can't say the same for Rachel's issues ever getting addressed.
    I think we have to wait though bc its already been implied that she will be dealt with in X-Force. It doesnt appear she is just gone indefinitely with no resolution

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It is worse since even a decade wont adress this as Marvel literally doesn't care for Rachel.

We always knew Peter would get back with MJ, it was just a matter of when. I can't say the same for Rachel's issues ever getting addressed.
    Great, now let's address the other elephants in the room when it comes to OMD: Harry Osborn is not dead, Peter lost his organic webshooters, the Other shifting around Peter, Mephisto's new powers of merging alternate universes, Mephisto being able to create alternate universes when there was no precedent, Peter's identity not being public information, Reed and Tony's personality changes between Civil War and OMIT, and of course, Mephisto's time manipulation should have created an alternate universe.

What were we talking about?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Magic is why Harry lives.

For some reason.

Peter lost those organic shooters multiple times already.

The Other technically still likes Peter as it moved to Kaine and now Mayday verse Peter. I think its name is Kitty.

Mephisto always had the power to do as the plot demanded long before OMD

The Avengers asked the identity thing than nothing.

That's something no one can figure out.

It should have but like the O5 it didn't cuz Marvel demanded it.

This is why Time Travel is one of my least liked aspects of comic books, if done right it is gold...done wrong and you get a steaming pile of crap, and i think we all know where the O5 and Kid Cable stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This is why Time Travel is one of my least liked aspects of comic books, if done right it is gold...done wrong and you get a steaming pile of crap, and i think we all know where the O5 and Kid Cable stand on.
    We could have had Back to the Future/Days of Future Past style positive change to the X-Men timeline from this and instead all we got was “Oh hey guys, I now remember all that stuff that we did as them yet it’s all useless info for us now since we lived through it anyway except for how to stop those twins that we should really stop throwing people at.” They really just made the presence of the O5 and them finding out about their future completely pointless.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 12-21-2018 at 06:12 PM.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    We could have had Back to the Future/Days of Future Past style positive change to the X-Men timeline from this and instead all we got was “Oh hey guys, I now remember all that stuff that we did as them yet it’s all useless info for us now since we lived through it anyway except for how to stop those twins that we should really stop throwing people at.” They really just made the presence of the O5 and them finding out about their future completely pointless.
    I thought they wrapped up everything as well as they could. The O5 were able to go back to the past, yet still eventually unlocked their memories so their adventures still matter. Like it or not they were always meant to make this jaunt into the future, make the impacts they did and go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I thought they wrapped up everything as well as they could. The O5 were able to go back to the past, yet still eventually unlocked their memories so their adventures still matter. Like it or not they were always meant to make this jaunt into the future, make the impacts they did and go back.
    They were never meant to do anything because they were ongoing comic book characters and their writer boogied, but their fates were put into the hands of weak editors who went back and forth and back and forth. I bet you cash money they'll be back within the next 10 years as a last page reveal.

BANNED

I thought that in X-Men Gold, adult Jean scanned Rachel's mind and certified Rachel was free of any Hound programming.

And wasn't Nightcrawler madly in love with Rachel in X-Men Gold? Not a single reaction from Nightcrawler in this issue either.

I guess Marvel writers don't respect continuity and what was written by other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I thought that in X-Men Gold, adult Jean scanned Rachel's mind and certified Rachel was free of any Hound programming.

And wasn't Nightcrawler madly in love with Rachel in X-Men Gold? Not a single reaction from Nightcrawler in this issue either.

I guess Marvel writers don't respect continuity and what was written by other writers.
    hEr PaIn WaS rEaL

The Red Dragon

I think everyone is trying to forget Xmen Gold happened tbh.

She scanned her mind and detected no psychic abnormalities. Extermination doesnt contradict this bc Rachel got reprogrammed in this mini

Nightcrawler wasnt featured in this issue and he himself was a hound and wasnt there to react to Rachel. His sole appearance was a background cameo at the funeral. There's been some continuity messups but these two werent them

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the only thing of canon from gold that was recognized is kitty leadership and mr/Mrs x. everything else can be looked at as non-canon. understanding this makes everything else subsequent to it make more sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She scanned her mind and detected no psychic abnormalities. Extermination doesnt contradict this bc Rachel got reprogrammed in this mini

Nightcrawler wasnt featured in this issue and he himself was a hound and wasnt there to react to Rachel. His sole appearance was a background cameo at the funeral. There's been some continuity messups but these two werent them
    I agree with you on Kurt. I disagree with Jean's scan. She was specifically looking for Mesmero and his influence and didn't find it. I doubt she would be able to assess the hound programming at that point (we know she can now) , and as we know Rachel was not clear of psychic abnormalities as Cassandra was also in Rachel's mind at that point. That's again an issue with writers and editors not being in the same page. The fact that Rachel's hound marks reappeared again before the twins reactivated her meant to me, at least, that it was still there hiding in her brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I agree with you on Kurt. I disagree with Jean's scan. She was specifically looking for Mesmero and his influence and didn't find it. I doubt she would be able to assess the hound programming at that point (we know she can now) , and as we know Rachel was not clear of psychic abnormalities as Cassandra was also in Rachel's mind at that point. That's again an issue with writers and editors not being in the same page. The fact that Rachel's hound marks reappeared again before the twins reactivated her meant to me, at least, that it was still there hiding in her brain.
    But she's always had Hound marks so thats nothing new. Sometimes she masks them and sometimes she doesnt but they are still there. I dont think Jean's scan would have noticed anything different. The twins only reactivated what was already there

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But she's always had Hound marks so thats nothing new. Sometimes she masks them and sometimes she doesnt but they are still there.
    Very true, but in this case Brisson made it clear they reappeared without her consent when Ahab returned and she days so in #1. I assume he meant to convey the significance of them returning against her will as a warning.

I dont think Jean's scan would have noticed anything different. The twins only reactivated what was already there
    Right, it was already there. So present during the scan, just like Cassandra's hold on her.