Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Extermination #5 spoilers/discussion

Figured this deserved it's own thread. But damn what an issue.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Copied from the preview thread

I finally read it!
    i loved it i felt there were still tons of stuff unresolved but it was good. I'm so sad Jeen is gone, she died forever

also i loved the Jean/Cable part. He is like a cute murderous baby
    DuyXmMPXgAAhPbF.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-19-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Love that the O5 instantly remembered their history and we didn’t have to wait for a future writer to acknowledge this

BANNED

Guggs was right, Jean does not give a **** about Rachel at all.

Cable's death didn't really serve any major purpose in this story other than setting up the Kid Cable reveal in issue 1. Same thing with Mimic's death which has no real effect except for the "did Ahab kill Cyclops or not?" cliffhanger.

But overall this was okay I guess. Glad this story is finally over.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Cable's death didn't really serve any major purpose in this story other than setting up the Kid Cable reveal in issue 1. Same thing with Mimic's death which has no real effect except for the "did Ahab kill Cyclops or not?" cliffhanger.

But overall this was okay I guess. Glad this story is finally over.
    Who was the third grave for?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Jean reached her Rachel saving quota in Red
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-19-2018 at 08:46 AM.

"Rachel? Oh, she's back with Ahab, whatever... Now, back to Nathan, my son!!!"

God, Rachel got done so dirty. Jean and Cable explained her situation and that was it. No one else even reacted...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Who was the third grave for?
    Cable, Mimic and Bloodstorm?

BANNED

Solid issue. The art is gorgeous, as usual. Some great individual moments, like between the Icemen, Jean and Cable II. I also liked that a big part of Cable's motivation was bringing his father back and the fact that they're already together. Looking forward to the annual. Overall, I'm honestly satisfied. First time in months I said this, I think since X-Men: Red #6 or #7.

Mighty Member

It's finally over!

Those of you who guessed Rachel would stay a Hound, you win your bet! Your prize is that you get to speculate how she'll get reverted back to normal!

Kid Cable was a dumb plot point which could have been handled better had old Cable been cut down by Ahab and Hope had to take his place.

Cyclops is back. Kid Cable somehow knew that would happen when the time loop closed. Boy, this is going to be one awkward conversation to have later.

Over all, this was really mediocre. As in, it was really predictable. The only twist I liked was Maxime and Manon being Hound makers. Even then, their relevance faded into being just that. Everything around them was just told rather than shown. Really, I wished that they stayed evil for a while.

All-New Member

Kid Cable should have just been Hope. Rachel staying a Hound, really? Dino-Rachel was more dignified. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Rachel? Oh, she's back with Ahab, whatever... Now, back to Nathan, my son!!!"

God, Rachel got done so dirty. Jean and Cable explained her situation and that was it. No one else even reacted...
    Yep, no one thought: "oh we gotta to rescue Rachel"

So no one cares?

Kid Cable should have his psi-bond with Rachel. After all the reboots for older Nathan, that probably was lost but now he's been reset, they should still have it (the psi-bond was how Rachel could hack into his internal communications in Excalibur #71). But if Kid Nathan thinks "real" Nathan is too sentimental, then their relationship is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedblender View Post
    Kid Cable should have just been Hope.
    I would’ve dug that. Especially if the end reveal was that she did not actually murder her father after all. Instead she just took him out of the game, and then he came back in the finale and helped hold off Ahab while Hope took the O5 back to the past. The big reveal at the end? Yeah, all three of them together. That would’ve been rad, and much better IMO.

Still, I ended up enjoying this series overall. But the above would’ve been much better.