Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep, they even had a awkward scene where teen Jean hit on adult cyclops
    I mean did she know he was back and working with kid Cable. Kid Cable allowed her to read his mind

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Now that we know KC's true motive was to bring back his dad. I don't think Hope would have worked in his role.
    They didnt need to do the Cyclops angle. They could have had him return as a side effect of the time stream being fixed

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Rachel is having the worst year ever.

The past six years of focusing on the time-displaced original five seems especially pointless. I just don’t see their memories having any effect on their adult selves. They were separate characters at this point in my eyes.

Also, the twins’ parents? They were mentioned a few times. Kid Cable said tbeir future doesn’t exist anymore. Why not? Unless they were children of the O5?
    All the relationships they formed are valid, especially Jean whom got to interact with the wider MU. She also developed new skills to her powers and Beast learned magic. Their development going forward should be different if writers acknowledge this.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I mean did she know he was back and working with kid Cable. Kid Cable allowed her to read his mind
    I mean you can look at the "he's just a kid who misses his father" but as some sort of an implication, but I doubt it.

BANNED

I am still confused after reading this issue.

Why did closing the time loop has got anything to do with the return of Cyclops?

Are the French kids from five years in the future? If the time loop is closed, does that mean the French kids should not be there anymore?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

Why did closing the time loop has got anything to do with the return of Cyclops?
    Something something butterfly effect

Are the French kids from five years in the future? If the time loop is closed, does that mean the French kids should not be there anymore?
    Something. Something. Multiverse. Something.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I mean you can look at the "he's just a kid who misses his father" but as some sort of an implication, but I doubt it.
    Jean at least knew his intentions

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All the relationships they formed are valid, especially Jean whom got to interact with the wider MU. She also developed new skills to her powers and Beast learned magic. Their development going forward should be different if writers acknowledge this.
    Yeah, that’s nice and all but to me, it doesn’t even feel like their adult versions getting their memories, it feels like totally separate characters getting their memories and ones that won’t acknowledge them. And you can’t tell me that Bendis, Hopeless, and Bunn wrote these characters the way they did these past six years with this conclusion in mind.

And what about Young Cyclops? As far as he knows, his memories aren’t going to be inherited by anyone so he essentially committed suicide by allowed Jean to mindwipe him.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Same. So did Scott not die in DoX?

The past six years of focusing on the time-displaced original five seems especially pointless. I just don’t see their memories having any effect on their adult selves. They were separate characters at this point in my eyes.
    Bobby got to date other guys as a teenager, that could help him with his awkwardness dating right now, make him more confident and less likely to get obsessed with the next Judah.
    Beast should now know magic, he could turn into White Beast again.

Jean already pretty much telepathically learned everything her younger self went through. So no change there.
    Warren's screwed but that's mostly because writers just can't stop recycling the exact same Archangel vs Angel storyline over and over again.

Also, the twins’ parents? They were mentioned a few times. Kid Cable said tbeir future doesn’t exist anymore. Why not? Unless they were children of the O5?
    The twins were from the future where the O5 never left and everything went to hell. Of course that timeline should have just splintered off and become its own thing, but I guess they don't want to go back to a post-apocalyptic future.
    They probably won't end up being born in this timeline.

As for who their parents are, I assume at least one of them would speak French
    Gambit and Rogue?
    Fantomex and Betsy?

OMG!! He's back!!

Yeah, that’s nice and all but to me, it doesn’t even feel like their adult versions getting their memories, it feels like totally separate characters getting their memories and ones that won’t acknowledge them. And you can’t tell me that Bendis, Hopeless, and Bunn wrote these characters the way they did these past six years with this conclusion in mind.

And what about Young Cyclops? As far as he knows, his memories aren’t going to be inherited by anyone so he essentially committed suicide by allowed Jean to mindwipe him.
    It doesnt matter if those writers dindt write those characters with that in mind; its the canon for new writers going forward

They all knew they would effectively be committing suicide by going back. Bunn touched on that in Blue. IDA on Young Scott having no one to inherit his memories. He had his adult self. None of them knew exactly when their memories would unlock. There was a chance it never would or it could have happened earlier than it did. It was a risk they took

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

The twins were from the future where the O5 never left and everything went to hell. Of course that timeline should have just splintered off and become its own thing, but I guess they don't want to go back to a post-apocalyptic future.
    They probably won't end up being born in this timeline.

As for who their parents are, I assume at least one of them would speak French
    Gambit and Rogue?
    Fantomex and Betsy?
    Why would Kid Cable’s actions prevent them from being born unless their parents were directly involved in this story?
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

I think that this actually worked really well, as a whole. And now both past and future Jean know the truth about Scott...

Why would Kid Cable’s actions prevent them from being born unless their parents were directly involved in this story?
    Because they're bastard children who only exist because two French people started doing the nasty when they realized the X-Office, and therefore an apocalyptic future, was coming.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I finally read this. I wanted to not like it, but I did enjoy many parts of the story. Bunn did a good job of helping the O5 tie up loose ends prior to this so I don't feel like belaboring another issue to their exit would have added anything more to their story. I really liked the use of the loop and Jean using her new knowledge of how to use her tp to lock the memories of their time for the adults. It was a nice twist and I appreciated it. Had this issue come out on time I think the excitement around this series concluding and Cyclops reveal at the end would have been had an epic response. But now, it's kinda like whatever we already know he's coming back.

As for Rachel:

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Guggs was right, Jean does not give a shit about Rachel at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "Rachel? Oh, she's back with Ahab, whatever... Now, back to Nathan, my son!!!"

God, Rachel got done so dirty. Jean and Cable explained her situation and that was it. No one else even reacted...
    Rachel is having the worst year ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Poor Rachel.

Hopefully the first name on Scott's list is Rachel in a rescue/kill Ahab for good mission.
    These kind of wrap-up some of the feelings I have on it. The overall just "oh she's gone ok" from almost everyone except Cable and Bobby was sad and disheartening. At least Cable was shocked and upset she left with Ahab, and Bobby was concerned she's gone. But no one else. Sad.

Thanks X-Office and Marvel. It's been a journey.