Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-Men #6 (Spoilers/Discussion)

Huh. This issue wasn't so bad. In fact, it was pretty good (Extermination still has it beat tho).

>After the preview, we see the team (with Archangel back) head to Nate's Temple in Quadra Island, Canada. The Temple is guarded by Nate's Horsemen who reiterate that the X-Men bring nothing but chaos (it's true!) and that X-Man's holy land will not be desecrated with their presence. Before Jean and Magneto deck each other in their chins, Nate Grey Almighty arrives, bathed in his heavenly light
    >Jean tries to reach out to X-Man, who denounces his slave name and familial relationship to Jean (ouch. both her sons ditched in one week). X-Man then reveals that he was the old lady at the cafe and that Jean agreed with his ways. Jean is confused, then reminds X-Man that he didn't let her finish before he up and left. X-Man does bring up the point that the lady ended up dying anyway, that his actions will justify the means, and that all is hopeless compared to him. Ororo says #$%& that and gets the X-Men to gang up on X-Man before he holds everyone in stasis
    >Jubilee was about to light X-Man's ass up but he chucks through some kind of hollow building, across the field; where she lands next to the New X-Men who have just arrived on the scene w/ Legion and Madrox
    >Jubes treats them like children and tells them to run away as if they aren't the same age as her....anyways, Armor and her team see all the X-Men tied up by the ground with X-Man standing over them. Hisako tries an honest-to-god conversation wih Nathaniel, who starts to waver in his beliefs a bit. She then presses on, asking why exactly he is doing all this. He response with news that he is dying, just like the world he is so desperate to save. Hisakok then proposes that maybe Nate should look at the bigger picture, bigger than his own vision of the world. That maybe he may be doing the world more harm than good, with the lines of morality getting ever so blurrier
    >Before that bombshell has the chance to smack X-Man on the forehead, Legion tries to banish Nate back to where came from....and that means trying to push him back into the Age of Apocalypse. But it looks like Legion may have brought the universe here, as we see Armor, Pixie, Glob, and Rockslide in a very altered state. To be continued...

Craaaaaaaap. Can a mod change that to #6, please?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

A lot of talking in this one, but at least we start to get some answers. Nate was behind the old woman who talked to Jean, and he's dying so he's trying to make a perfect world, and spare the earth form sharing the same fate as him. Jubilee gets punted through walls, and survives it. I wanted her to get some more shine, but this isn't what I hoped for her. The New X-Men get a brief win, and somehow get through to Nate despite the older X-Men attempting to do so earlier, but its a short win. Like the X-Men said, they should have left Legion alone. David may have taken the kids to X-Man, but he messed up the little progress they made by making them his own Horsemen. That's not going to go over well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Craaaaaaaap. Can a mod change that to #6, please?
    On their own, they probably will eventually. But it might be better/happen sooner, if ya PM them.

Cachu Hwch!

Damn stupid X-kids

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

I liked it.
    It was kinda nice for the kid team to go with talking first instead of punching first.

The one thing that kinda annoys me is that the writers seem to associate "Age of Apocalypse" with "Radically different character designs".
    As if its kind of a reality distortion field that causes people to look different.

The AOA version of most characters DO look very different - because they are completely different people.
    The kids seem to be the same - but they still end up looking different.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Damn stupid X-kids
    Well... they DID manage to get rid of the primary threat to the planet.
    Granted, they ended up creating a different problem - them being stuck in the AOA universe - but that's a much smaller problem then "God like being is reshaping the world as he wishes".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    I liked it.
    It was kinda nice for the kid team to go with talking first instead of punching first.

The one thing that kinda annoys me is that the writers seem to associate "Age of Apocalypse" with "Radically different character designs".
    As if its kind of a reality distortion field that causes people to look different.

The AOA version of most characters DO look very different - because they are completely different people.
    The kids seem to be the same - but they still end up looking different.

Well... they DID manage to get rid of the primary threat to the planet.
    Granted, they ended up creating a different problem - them being stuck in the AOA universe - but that's a much smaller problem then "God like being is reshaping the world as he wishes".
    Also, Legion did that himself. Armor tried to stop him.

Why did they even spoil the AOA kids on the next cover? You could do the same composition with them in their normal forms and maintain the surprise.

Speaking of the surprise, someone needs a crash course on how to do splash page reveals. It's not splash page + a bunch of generic lines, it's splash page + one line accompanying it. So that it actually hits. Delete all lines except Glob's and the page would be cool.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Also, Legion did that himself. Armor tried to stop him.
    That too.
    And JUST as Nate started showing signs of cracking.

Extraordinary Member

Basically 19 pages of pointless banter and "action" to get the next weekly "cliffhanger."

The whole "no one asked me that question yet" followed by the obligatory info dump was so forced I felt embarrassed reading it.

Storm mansplaining feelings to Psylocke was great, though.

If you can't tell, I don't think the quality of this is getting better at all. I can only hope that once this whole stunt is over with things start to resemble an actual story/comic instead of obvious set-up of pet characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Damn stupid X-kids
    They proved to be more useful than the adults who easily got gagged

And honestly that was Legion's fault more than the kids.

Nothing like dying to boost a mutant's strength to alter reality and give him a new perspective or maybe it would be better to call it madness.

Well now we know the motivations of Nate not that this changes something we have gone through this before with House of M and the Phoenix Five and we know where this ends.

By now the X-men would know that they need a better plan to defeat Nate than a direct fight with him in that state and how Jubilee survived that attack? As far as I know she's not a vampire anymore.

Well kids this is what you get for trusting a madman but being fair is not like someone has a better plan.

Rank 6 of 10.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    They proved to be more useful than the adults who easily got gagged

And honestly that was Legion's fault more than the kids.
    Honestly, I find picking winners and losers like this to be missing the point, but the kids are the ones who brought Legion after being lectured about what a risk he was. I mean, I am sure Jean wouldn't want to say "I told you so" but, well...

Why is Armor cosplaying as Astonishing Cyclops?