Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Copy paste from the preview thread:

The issue was not bad bad but most of it was easily skippable. Also how powerless is Jean here makes me really angry. Easy win for Extermination. They say in recent books that she one of the most powerful mutants. Isn't time to act like one? Not to mention that now she has two buffs 1) without to keep Phoenix in check she can push herself more 2) her Pink form which works against great threats like Galactus and Nate. Meh at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Copy paste from the preview thread:

The issue was not bad bad but most of it was easily skippable. Also how powerless is Jean here makes me really angry. Easy win for Extermination. They say in recent books that she one of the most powerful mutants. Isn't time to act like one? Not to mention that now she has two buffs 1) without to keep Phoenix in check she can push herself more 2) her Pink form which works against great threats like Galactus and Nate. Meh at best.
    I think that the pink form is something that only Teen Jean can do, and only during Bendis' run.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think that the pink form is something that only Teen Jean can do, and only during Bendis' run.
    She has done a lot in other runs and in the Poison Event and against Galactus. Extermination answers why Adult Jean should be able to do it too now...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Not true. She's done it in Blue, Generations and Venomized

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not true. She's done it in Blue, Generations and Venomized
    If I recall correctly
    She used it 4 times In all new X-men
    -Vs gladiator, vs Xavier jnr, while training with Emma and during black Vortex

Once in generations, Vs galactus

Once in Venomized, Vs the Poisons

3-4 times in Xmen blue
    -freeing Xavier, vs magneto, vs galactus and his Heralds, Vs magneto again

Would be cool to see Adult Jean do it

Okay, two things:

1) Wanted to bring over bladeofdarkness' piece on Jean v. Hisako's handling of Nate Grey because it's really good:

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    There's actually a neat little difference between how jean and Hisako talk to Nate that makes him respond differently to each.
    Firstly, there's that whole issue with how to call him - He makes it very clear that he refuses to be called by his name, and the reasons why - and Jean still keeps calling him Nate.
    When he says the same thing to Hisako, she just plays along and tells him to call her "Armor".

And then there's the actual conversation between them.
    Jean makes statements more often then not, while Hisako mostly asks questions, and lets Nate do the talking and answering, until he kinda starts questioning himself a little bit.
    It's subtle, but his last statment goes from "I know" to "I hope" and "I have to trust" about what he's doing.

And finally, the X-men plan using TP about how to attack, and he can read their minds and picks up on them ahead of time, and subdues them fairly quickly.
    Hisako has no plan of how to actually attack him - she even outright states that they are not leading with their fists on this one - so when Legion makes a move, it comes out of nowhere and it blindsides both Nate And the kids.
    2) Not to "bring negativity" into the thread after saying it wasn't a bad issue, but can we please talk about Jubilee and the suspension of disbelief in this series (plus what other series do with it):

Jubilee......gets her ass knocked THROUGH a building and seems relatively fine. In #3, she gets speared through the gut.

In Secret Warriors #3 (by Rosenberg), Quake knocks the Blackbird out of the sky and they hit the ground. Hard. Besides some scrapes and bruises, they are mostly okay. So why the hell am I supposed to take the whole "Oya and Anole being critically hurt because of the crash" plot seriously when that situation never applies for anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    So... Say "I" if you completely forgot that there was suppose to be a subplot with Beast and the Cure...
    Who?

BANNED

They had two teleporters on that Blackbird. That's easier to explain away than Jubilee's immortality.

I would murder to find out what the script was for the Jube page and how multiple people let it slide.

Jubby was actually protected by luck as a reward from the editor gods for wearing her 90's outfit again. If someone asks Rosenberg about the page on Twitter, the non-answer he'll reply with will only be 50% as ridiculous as that.

lol yeah, that Jubilee moment...

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I’m only reading to see all the zany antics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Jubby was actually protected by luck as a reward from the editor gods for wearing her 90's outfit again. If someone asks Rosenberg about the page on Twitter, the non-answer he'll reply with will only be 50% as ridiculous as that.
    Or White will respond that there's a reason for it, but it's a story yet to be told (I'm not where I can get to the link for my meme right now).

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Jubilee......gets her ass knocked THROUGH a building and seems relatively fine. In #3, she gets speared through the gut.
    X-Man is cheap. His whole "temple/building" is a cardboard mockup.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    X-Man is cheap. His whole "temple/building" is a cardboard mockup.
    He's eco-friendly so all his buildings are made out of recycled Logan bits and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They had two teleporters on that Blackbird. That's easier to explain away than Jubilee's immortality.
    Three if you count Shattybuns, but Ric looks roughed up so I think they actually took the brunt of that crash.

Yeah Im glad Im not the only one that noticed that Jubilee should have been injured