View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arex IX: Darkness [one-shot]

1 12.50%
  • Cold Spots #5 (of 5) [series finale]

0 0%
  • Days of Hate #11 (of 12)

2 25.00%
  • Gideon Falls #9

2 25.00%
  • Hardcore #1 [series premiere]

1 12.50%
  • Middlewest #2

0 0%
  • Outcast #37

0 0%
  • Outpost Zero #5

1 12.50%
  • Rat Queens #13

0 0%
  • Regression #14

1 12.50%
  • Rumble #10

0 0%
  • Spawn #292

0 0%
  • The Warning #2

0 0%
  • Witchblade #10

0 0%
  • Other - Burnouts #4, or Exorsisters #3

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #51 - Ares IX & other Hardcore comix

What's up ladies & dudelums it's ya boi back with another poll thread, don't forget to like & subscribe!

Last week was a good one for magicians on their penultimate issues, with Mage, The Hero Denied and The Magic Order tieing for first place.

Let's see how it shakes out this time, here's a few noteworthy releases: Cold Spots wraps up the series as scheduled, Days of Hate reaches the penultimate issue, as does Regression, Outcast begins a new storyline, as does Outpost Zero, Rumble looks to be done with its current storyline, and Spawn gets another new power for the trophy cabinet.

New releases this week:
    1. Ares IX Darkness is the new one-shot from Top Cow, featuring work from the Top Cow Talent Hunt contest! This one's a mystery story about a strange catacomb; I'm sure nothing nefarious will be living in there!

2. Hardcore is the new Skybound series by Andy Diggle and Alessandro Vitti. Weirdly the solicitation text also namedrops Robert Kirkman & Marc Silvestri. Not sure what that's about since they're not writing this? Anyway, this one's about a guy called Drake (no relation to the Canadian rapper), who works for an elite military force who have figured out they can basically hack into other people's bodies. Think Mr. Smith from the Matrix, but he's the protagonist instead. Of course something goes wrong and now Drake is stuck in a body with only 72 hours left to fix a host of problems and return to his own. Tick tock!

325271.jpg 325269.jpg

Days of Hate. Those last 5 pages, man.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Weirdly the solicitation text also namedrops Robert Kirkman & Marc Silvestri. Not sure what that's about since they're not writing this?

It's not just the solicit, it's inside the issue too. This is because it's a remake of a Kirkman comic from Top Cow back in the day. Now it's with Skybound instead. I've read both versions and I think this is going to be great due to Diggle. It's like Quantum Leap except you don't care if the body you're in dies. I voted for it this week.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Days of Hate.
    Just seems like this's going to be our future, leading on to the future of Lazarus.
    Sadly, I expect I'm just going to be one of the waste. Revolution now!!!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    It's not just the solicit, it's inside the issue too. This is because it's a remake of a Kirkman comic from Top Cow back in the day. Now it's with Skybound instead. I've read both versions and I think this is going to be great due to Diggle. It's like Quantum Leap except you don't care if the body you're in dies. I voted for it this week.
    Gotcha, hadn't realised it was a remake!