Default KRYPTON worth buying?

Hi, Superfans!

Just like the topic says I wanted to query the board on the KRYPTON season 1. I see it is in my Prime queue as a recommended buy. Is it worth it?

I quite liked it. I personally rate it higher than the CW/Netflix shows, so that's around the quality you should be expecting.

Keep in mind it is in no way a traditional Superman related TV show. However, for what it is I really enjoyed it. The show also has perhaps the most frightening version of Brainiac you'll ever see, which is a major plus in my book.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-19-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If you are a big Superman fan, you must watch this show. And be patient with it because it does get really good in the middle and it just keeps getting better and better. The finale will wow you, IMO.

I was super skeptical of it at first, Gotham is a mess so I expected something along those lines and was ready to give it a pass. And while it is definitely not a traditional Superman story by any means, it is really well done, has probably the best live action takes on any of the Superman villains to date, and after a kind of slow start really takes off. Definitely worth catching up on before the second season.

Plus the actor who plays Ceg El is a huge Superman and comic fan, so his enthusiasm for Superman and comics in general is nice to see and makes supporting the show a lot of fun.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I thought the whole idea of the show was dumb when I first heard about it. After seeing some images and reading more I decided to give it a chance. I am very glad I did because the show is fantastic. It starts a little slow, but once the big twist hits about episode 5 the whole shows gets turned on its head and it is non stop great from there until the season finale.

It is well worth watching.

Thanks so much, guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Thanks so much, guys!!

3 things I loved about it are:

-Stunning visuals of planet Krypton.

-Rich and complex characters. Many of them.

-And third but not last, this show truly honors and loves the Superman mythos (so far).

I am really surprised by the show! Character work ou s SOLID!!!!!

Krypton and Gotham are the best live action dc shows atm.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-25-2018 at 11:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I quite liked it. I personally rate it higher than the CW/Netflix shows, so that's around the quality you should be expecting.
    I remember seeing the trailer when it debut. And thought that it was some teen drama where kids 'spoke truth to power'. So naturally I dismissed it. But it came up in a Google search I did the other day and decided to give it a shot. Goodness gracious! It's just so amazing. Nothing like what I expected at all. It's like a combination of the Syfy Dune mini series from the 00's, Brave New World and a little of the Martian society from the Expanse. It's more space opera than just super powered human beings having a go at each other. Or fighting monsters of the week. I love the cast. It's very sophisticated and makes you think (without being pretentious). I'm quite surprised that it's been renewed given the fact that this kind of stuff doesn't tend to catch on with American audiences (note how fast Incorporated was cancelled).

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If you are a big Superman fan, you must watch this show. And be patient with it because it does get really good in the middle and it just keeps getting better and better. The finale will wow you, IMO.
    It's one of the things I love about the show, each episode builds on each other and nothing is as it seems. So you're left on the edge of your seat. I will be buying the boxed set for sure.