Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've always seen that as more them falling for his personality rather than looks.
    Peter's got that "Steve Ditko drew him to look average and then John Romita made him so pretty" thing going on. The traditionalist fanboy in me isn't sure how to think of him in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I'd say Peter Parker, Logan, Bruce Banner, Matt Murdock, Reed Richards, Marc Spector, Frank Castle, Hank Pym, Henry McCoy,etc.. There are so many.
    I agree with these right here.

I'm wondering about female characters though since pretty much all of them are drawn as people who could work as supermodels. I think x-23 shouldn't have been so attractive looking. IMO Carol is pretty but not spectacularly gorgeous or anything.

Frank Castle and Logan with Logan being slightly better off because the healing factor keeps anything from scarring or healing poorly. Frank on the other hand with the kind of abuse he usually takes and sleep schedule his kind of obsession allows is not winning any beauty contests.

Jess Jones is *aight*.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Jess Jones is *aight*.
    Back in the original Alias series, she had an average look and she didn't seem to have spent a lot of time prettying herself up Of course, the Gaydos art had a lot to do with that as Jess quickly fell into cookie cutter mode with less detailed art.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Jess Jones is *aight*.
    Oh yeah for sure. Original Alias series also followed that as she was very average looking in it

I think also Kitty Pryde would be a normal, average looking woman. I can't think of an unattractive female hero, it's really rare. Even female villains tend to be hot.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Peter's got that "Steve Ditko drew him to look average and then John Romita made him so pretty" thing going on. The traditionalist fanboy in me isn't sure how to think of him in this regard.
    One could say he was the lanky nerdy type in high school who grew out in college, with the added benefit of superpowers and a Superhero lifestyle adding to his physique.

I don't see him as leading man handsome but I don't think adult Peter needs to be unattractive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Oh yeah for sure. Original Alias series also followed that as she was very average looking in it
    she was Bendis in a brown wig

Fantastic Member

Rogue should have kept her original look.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Rogue should have kept her original look.

Lol I was actually thinking of how Rogue got drawn more beautiful as she became an X-Men and became more popular. Maybe the biggest example there is other than Ditko Peter to Romita Peter and Logan around the time the first X-Men movie came out

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Agreed, along with most heroes. Unless it's part of their character, like say Wonder Man or Mary Jane, most of them should be average to above-average in the looks department.
    Simon isn't necessarily an attractive guy. Before he got his powers he was a middle aged engineer. Anything that makes him look good now is because of his time in Hollywood with makeup. His hair isn't even naturally dark anymore since he had grey hair up until his time with WCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One could say he was the lanky nerdy type in high school who grew out in college, with the added benefit of superpowers and a Superhero lifestyle adding to his physique.

I don't see him as leading man handsome but I don't think adult Peter needs to be unattractive.
    I think there were actually "holy crap" reactions to Pete's physique or his muscle tone in the book. Certainly his rep as a youth didn't lend itself to his having defined pecs and abs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Lol I was actually thinking of how Rogue got drawn more beautiful as she became an X-Men and became more popular. Maybe the biggest example there is other than Ditko Peter to Romita Peter and Logan around the time the first X-Men movie came out
    Rogue was always attractive. she was just a tomboy (and I think a minor when first introduced). trust me. Remy's shallow.