Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I don't need him to be fat but it would be an improvement over being a generic muscle dude
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I don't need him to be fat but it would be an improvement over being a generic muscle dude
    hopefully someone hears you and trots out your experiment on someone like Johnny Storm. then we'll get to see him skyrocket to the a-list together.

BANNED

Jean, Rogue, Storm, Psylocke..Monet. They should be very pretty and Marrow? She should hate their guts and always have a chip on her shoulder in her interactions with all of them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Characters who are psychic and most magic users really have no reason to be particularly in shape, their entire method of combat is non-physical and most of the time they're levitating so there isn't even exercise in chasing someone.
    Dr. Strange specifically addressed this a long time ago because he went through a physical training program and it saved his life when he was being physically manhandled by a demon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You're probably thinking of the Bendis run, and yes, she looked like that because Gaydos was on art duty. But when David Marquez was drawing her on The Defenders and in her current digital book, she looks straight-up like Krysten Ritter. Pretty much everyone other than Gaydos seems to draw her like that these days.
    David Marquez draws everyone as extremely good looking though. His Logan in X-Men Gold 30 was just too much. I think he was going for a Hugh Jackman inspiration but still...

Like bruh. Wolverine should never be this pretty. Good looking in a rugged way I could maybe see but dude looks like a lead out of a romcom here

Now that's a man I'd follow into a Schism.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Characters who are psychic and most magic users really have no reason to be particularly in shape, their entire method of combat is non-physical and most of the time they're levitating so there isn't even exercise in chasing someone.
    I'd open an exception for magic users because.... it's magic. It doesn't work in any realistic way, so one could argue they are using spells to make themselves look good. Plus, a lot of magic users have showcased shapeshifting abilities at one point or another, so that's another thing that could affect the way they look.

But they're also often in dangerous environments or going up against people who punch above their weight, so I think it's probably useful for them to be in-shape if they're going to be a Superhero.

Flashback from Alpha Flight

Goblyn from Alpha Flight

Shroud

Sharon Ventura

Stacey-X

Beak

Hindsight Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Rogue was always attractive. she was just a tomboy (and I think a minor when first introduced). trust me. Remy's shallow.
    Not always, she wasn't. When she was a villian she wasn't drawn very beautifully. As time went on, in the 80's, she started being drawn better and characters began remarking on how good-looking she is.

Doctor Druid
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Doctor Druid
    He doesn't have to be pretty, but he should be in shape. Despite what was said in the Simonson Avengers run (I think it was there), Druid was in great shape as he practiced some form of martial arts (he was able to match the Black Knight in a sparring session with quarterstaff) and is a yoga master.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I can buy him initially not being in great shape. But I can also buy the idea that after deciding to be a super hero he might decide to work out a bit and get in better shape. If he's chasing after super villains he probably doesn't want to be winded a block and a half into the chase. Aesthetics aside, there is a functional aspect to being in good shape physically.
    I agree. Being out of shape and dealing with superpowered evil wack jobs does not mix.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Lol I was actually thinking of how Rogue got drawn more beautiful as she became an X-Men and became more popular. Maybe the biggest example there is other than Ditko Peter to Romita Peter and Logan around the time the first X-Men movie came out
    Thing is, Rogue was supposed to be about 18 when Claremont conceived the character. Mike Golden designed her with the two white steaks in her hair, but other artists thought that the streaks were gray hair so they drew her older. When she joined the X-Men Paul Smith clearly drew wher as a young woman and JRJR moved the white streak to the middle of her hair so that it was more clear that it was a fashion choice.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Can I just point out that it's just easier to draw attractive characters?
    No, it's not.