Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My hope is that you all acknowledge Spencer as your lord and prepare for Morning Glories season 3. Janice content is coming, praise be.

My hope is that Anna Maria and Otto have wonderful or pathetic and creepy adventures together.

My hope is that Lady Stacy gets her ballet shoes.

My hope is that Rhino is written more consistently.

My hope is that you all live wonderful lives.

My hopes:

- Spencer continues to deliver on his run and on strong Spidey stories.

- ASM does not get plagued by other spider-characters, heroes, or guest starts stealing the spotlight from Peter/Spider-Man.

- Mary Jane continues a return to prominence in both the comics and other media (but not as a reporter).

- Spencer's building back up of Black Cat continues.

- Miles continues to get more love.

- A sequel to the PS4 game is announced.

- Far From Home is a better Spider-Man experience then Homecoming (IE, more characterization and development for the supporting cast, hardly any Iron Man, and Spidey can efficiently take care of things on his own).

- The Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon delivers a strong adaption of the Superior arc to close out the series. Maybe an announcement of a new Spider-Man cartoon for Disney+.

- Spidey is used well in the Ultimate Alliance 3 game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    My hope is that you all live wonderful lives.
    Thank you .

for 2019 i wish for Peter to finally have a stable source of income no more broke Peter. I want to see some new feats or events from his comics. I wanna see smaller teams up with other Spider characters like Miles or Otto dont need to have crazy events for a small team up. I wanna see Peter re propose to Mj to set up a 2020 wedding. I want Marvel and Sony to renew the Spiderman sharing arrangement and continue making more movies with Tom Holland. Thats all for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    for 2019 i wish for Peter to finally have a stable source of income no more broke Peter. I want to see some new feats or events from his comics. I wanna see smaller teams up with other Spider characters like Miles or Otto dont need to have crazy events for a small team up. I wanna see Peter re propose to Mj to set up a 2020 wedding. I want Marvel and Sony to renew the Spiderman sharing arrangement and continue making more movies with Tom Holland. Thats all for now
    Going off of this, I would like to see more of the bugle and main supporting cast again and to cut back a little on the team-ups.

I also hope Tom Taylor's Friendly Neighborhood run is a hit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I hope Spencer continues to be a fun read, but hope he starts giving a bit more substance as it all feels too superficial to me so far. I strongly suspect he is going to kill off MJ next year, so I really hope that if it happens the story is well done and feels 'earned' and also seeds for a return.

Why do you strongly suspect that Spencer is going to kill off Mary Jane next year????
    Spencer has made it knowN that he is a fan of Peter/Mary Jane.
    The new writer of The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man is also fan of Peter/Mary Jane

Why do you feel so negative about Spencer in regards to Mary Jane?
    Does it have to do with the Hydra Cap stuff?
    Last edited by Starrius; 12-27-2018 at 02:42 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Astonishing Member

That Hunted will be a great Spider-Man story.
    That the Spider-Man movie Far from Home will be great.And that Mysterio will be awesome in the movie.
    That Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man will be a great comic book.(I will be getting at least the first issue)
    That Spider-Man:Life Story will be a great limited series.

Curious about where Spencer is going.

And welp, would love to see more Anya. 2019 is going to be the 15th anniversary since her debut in Amazing Fantasy. That's a pretty important age in latinx culture, and would love to see her at least a brief homage somewhere, specially considering Anya is Marvel's very first latina to get a ongoing. But, meh, I'll be lucky if she guest stars in some book.

I want more Spider-Kid.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    And welp, would love to see more Anya. 2019 is going to be the 15th anniversary since her debut in Amazing Fantasy. That's a pretty important age in latinx culture, and would love to see her at least a brief homage somewhere, specially considering Anya is Marvel's very first latina to get a ongoing. But, meh, I'll be lucky if she guest stars in some book.
    It does look like she'll be getting a bigger role in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon, at least when they finally start airing new episodes, but it feels like practically everything else Spider-Man related has kind of overshadowed that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Curious about where Spencer is going.

It would be nice to see Spider-Girls return as an ongoing. But the problem is, they'd probably need to add Ghost-Spider, since Gwen's now the only one who can cross the multiverse. They wrote themselves into a corner there...

Maybe if it's true about Young Avengers returning, Anya can join that team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Based on what's announced, and what I hope to be announced:

- I hope Chip Zdarsky's Life Story series is actually great and satisfying and lives up to what the idea can potentially be, Spider-Man's own ''Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" the great final Spider-Man story that even if it is not canonical is so good that it becomes the Platonic final story.

- RYV continues, or if they are going to end the series, at least let it get some kind of closure and finish rather than be cut short. Also if that happens, I hope Jody Houser comes to write the main series, or one of the second titles because it's past time we had more women write Spider-Man (I know Louise Simonson and Ann Nocenti did but we need more) but also because Houser has a good ear for dialogue.

- Spencer's run not amount to another yank because I have a pretty sneaky suspicion that the good-will it's trying to get so far is a set-up for another yank from the carpet, but then i prefer second-series anyway.

- I hope the History Rewritten event be actually interesting.

Based on what I want, but realistically don't expect to happen, at least not by next year:

- I hope Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon gets canceled and Disney or whatnot announce a new animated series that takes a Batman TAS approach and shows us an adult Spider-Man based on the Stern-Defalco era.

- The Spider-Marriage be restored in 616 Continuity. I don't know if that will ever happen but I don't see it happening by next year certainly, but based on Spencer's work by this time next year, you can have some idea if it could happen later on. I at the very least want Peter to remember the Pre-OMD status-quo and get his characterization back, regardless of whether MJ or anyone else remembers and I want Marvel to acknowledge in page that the marriage did happen for 20 years and is a vital part of the character's history.

- Superior Ock and the whole let's pretend the guy who wanted to destroy the world in Ends of the Earth is worthy of redemption charade ends and we get the classic Ditko era Ugly Ock, thug-in-labcoat back.

god i'd drink myself to near death just for a yank, i'll do anything, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

BANNED

Not a fan of Spencer's story and the direction it's going? I am of a skeptical bent...because I want to like it but then I never believed the teases at the end of Spider-Island and so on about Slott getting Peter and MJ back together. People forget this, but right before Superior Spider-Man, Slott was actually popular and seen in the same way Spencer is now. You know the great undoer of Quesada and maybe the guy who can work with us...it didn't fool me then either.

1. My Mom and Pop
    2. My bed
    3. Spencer, Nick

#14, baby! The big one! I can feel it! Lucky number!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

1-A new Spider-Woman, Black Cat, and Silver Sable books.

2-A new Spectacular Spider-Man book.

3-Updates on some of the classics, with newer villains thrown in from time to time.

4-Less All-Alt-Spider characters teaming up.

5-A noirish crime/detective story.

6-A Cloak & Dagger Book.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com