Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,832

    Default

    I really hope that the build-up for the inevitable Venom/Carnage/other symbiotes clash leads to something truly epic.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

  2. #32
    MiComic
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I'm expecting much of more of what I've seen this year, 2019 will be epic.

  3. #33
    Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Ben, Peter, and Kaine one-shot where they bond over drinks or a camping trip or something and fight something random together to really flesh out their relationship. Part ways as brothers and have them get together for Thanksgiving and Christmas as family.

    Scarlet bros ongoing series where Ben and Kaine road trip around the country having adventures and lots of breakfasts at diners.
    They discover another clone with all the powers but a blank slate. He’s got the mental capacity of a toddler in a grown man’s body and hilarity ensues.

    More team-up one-shots of the various spider people. Everyone else seems to be over clones and alternate versions but I can’t get enough.

    Clone of Miles with a hoodie who calls himself Obsidian Spider!!!

  4. #34
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    I’d love another Kaine led Scarlet Spider Book. His run, by Yost, has been one of my favorite Spider books in years. Probably following Hopeless’ Spider-Woman book.

  5. #35
    Gaurdian Of The Universe comicstar100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Earth Prime
    Posts
    277

    Default

    A storyline restoring the marriage and having the overall Marvel universe helping Peter defeat Mephisto.

  6. #36
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    - RYV continues, or if they are going to end the series, at least let it get some kind of closure and finish rather than be cut short. Also if that happens, I hope Jody Houser comes to write the main series, or one of the second titles because it's past time we had more women write Spider-Man (I know Louise Simonson and Ann Nocenti did but we need more) but also because Houser has a good ear for dialogue.
    Unfortunately, Spider-Girls #3 was Houser's final issue on RYV. It's over.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, Spider-Girls #3 was Houser's final issue on RYV. It's over.
    We did see RYV versions in Gage's Spider-Geddon #5 and Gage provided a nice bit of closure for Peter and MJ and Annie, like he knew this was a kind of temporary ending for them. So that's a very nice thing he did. Maybe they will do another series a year or two downwards? Because you know ''Renew Your Vows'' was the one all ages Spider-Man made with modern comics production techniques. I introduced kids to read it because it's so light-hearted, sweet, and genuinely funny and they liked it. It served the same function that the newspaper strip did for me when I was small. It provided a snapshot and simple and uplifting take on Spider-Man that captured his humor, his heart, and his humanism. I mean the Spider-Man comics 616 titles aren't really for kids. They are too dense, hard to understand, with continuity, and really it's just sad, depressing, and violent at times. I mean I am not sure the newspaper strip will last long now that Stan Lee's gone. It's also dated in some ways. Whereas RYV can actually serve as an update to that.

    I do hope Houser gets more work at Marvel and she later works on the second series titles for Spider-Man and eventually maybe get a run on Amazing Spider-Man itself. Her dialogue is good and she gets that Spider-Man should have something real to say about class, love, family, and growing up. Issue #19 on RYV is one of my favorite Spider-Man issues in the last few years and the final pages were so poignant and heartwarming that it was kind of painful. One of the great Peter and MJ stories, and it captures some of the same mixed emotions of ''To Have and to Hold''. I also love Issue #15 and Peter's speech to Annie.

    "Being a hero isn't just about punching the bad guys. Even if that's what we spend a lot of our time doing. It doesn't mean you only help the people you completely trust or act only when it's safe. Heck, sometimes it means you walk into a trap knowing it's a trap. Because there could be lives at stake. Great power, great responsibility. I know you've heard it a million times. But it's about more than just choosing to take action. It's about choosing to take on the risk. Sometimes you'll be wrong. Sometimes you'll swing straight into danger for no good reason at all. But you'll do it anyway, because there's the smallest chance that someone needs your help. And that's the responsibility you accepted when you put on that mask."
    — Spider-Man, Renew Your Vows, Issue #15, written by Jody Houser.
    It's one of the few times Peter actually discusses great power and great responsibility positively and not as a burden. He's seeing it in a mature manner, and is not lashing himself about it. We definitely need more of this.

  8. #38

    Default

    don't get married.
    No more 'goodified' bad guys (I'm sure "The Redeemed Boomerang" mini is next).

  9. #39

    Default

    Good comics.

    Good movies.

    Interesting announcements about the future.

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    don't get married.
    No more 'goodified' bad guys (I'm sure "The Redeemed Boomerang" mini is next).
    Do get married
    All the likes for Boomerang getting a mini

  11. #41
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    We did see RYV versions in Gage's Spider-Geddon #5 and Gage provided a nice bit of closure for Peter and MJ and Annie, like he knew this was a kind of temporary ending for them. So that's a very nice thing he did. Maybe they will do another series a year or two downwards? Because you know ''Renew Your Vows'' was the one all ages Spider-Man made with modern comics production techniques. I introduced kids to read it because it's so light-hearted, sweet, and genuinely funny and they liked it. It served the same function that the newspaper strip did for me when I was small. It provided a snapshot and simple and uplifting take on Spider-Man that captured his humor, his heart, and his humanism. I mean the Spider-Man comics 616 titles aren't really for kids. They are too dense, hard to understand, with continuity, and really it's just sad, depressing, and violent at times. I mean I am not sure the newspaper strip will last long now that Stan Lee's gone. It's also dated in some ways. Whereas RYV can actually serve as an update to that.

    I do hope Houser gets more work at Marvel and she later works on the second series titles for Spider-Man and eventually maybe get a run on Amazing Spider-Man itself. Her dialogue is good and she gets that Spider-Man should have something real to say about class, love, family, and growing up. Issue #19 on RYV is one of my favorite Spider-Man issues in the last few years and the final pages were so poignant and heartwarming that it was kind of painful. One of the great Peter and MJ stories, and it captures some of the same mixed emotions of ''To Have and to Hold''. I also love Issue #15 and Peter's speech to Annie.



    It's one of the few times Peter actually discusses great power and great responsibility positively and not as a burden. He's seeing it in a mature manner, and is not lashing himself about it. We definitely need more of this.
    Cosigned. In just 11 (+3 for Spider-Girls) issues, Jody Houser demonstrated that she has a spectacular, amazing, and even sensational understanding of Spider-Man as a character. I'd love to see her get another shot at Spider-Man, especially if she gets to write Peter with Mary Jane, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My hopes:

    - Spencer continues to deliver on his run and on strong Spidey stories.

    - ASM does not get plagued by other spider-characters, heroes, or guest starts stealing the spotlight from Peter/Spider-Man.

    - Mary Jane continues a return to prominence in both the comics and other media (but not as a reporter).

    - Spencer's building back up of Black Cat continues.

    - Miles continues to get more love.

    - A sequel to the PS4 game is announced.

    - Far From Home is a better Spider-Man experience then Homecoming (IE, more characterization and development for the supporting cast, hardly any Iron Man, and Spidey can efficiently take care of things on his own).

    - The Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon delivers a strong adaption of the Superior arc to close out the series. Maybe an announcement of a new Spider-Man cartoon for Disney+.

    - Spidey is used well in the Ultimate Alliance 3 game.

    Thank you .
    LOL, I'm fairly sure MJ won't be a reporter in the comics anytime soon. Could be wrong since I don't work at Marvel but I don't think they're planning on doing that. As for the Ultimate Alliance game, well for those who can play it than I hope he is. A sequel to PS4 game would be awesome but I wouldn't expect that announcement to come this year, maybe next year though. I do expect a sequel but I'm not sure how long it'll be before we get it.

    And lastly, I agree wholeheartedly about Spencer.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Risked decisions that change the status quo. No more going back to basics or remaking old stories. I haven't checked Spencer, but he seems to be doing a good job. BTW, with my statement, I don't mean e.g "no more Peter & MJ", I mean "do new things with Peter & MJ if you're going to have them back together". I'm a big fan of what I've read of Straczynski and he kept challenging the status quo with great things. Did he fail sometimes? Sure, it's a risk of having an interesting and refreshing run.

    With the movies or other medias I want something similar, make Spider-Man an unique character, that you can differentiate from others not just for the character itself, but the world that surrounds him, just like Lee & Ditko did so many years ago.

    I have yet to play Marvel's Spider-Man (I already have it, but my studies have occupied most of my time recently) and watch Into the Spiderverse, but Spider-Man seems to have had a good year, so I hope an even better 2019!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  14. #44
    Spectacular Member JGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I love these types of threads oldschool... my list is very 80’s:

    - No Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (or Harry Osborn/Green Goblin for that matter)
    - Return of Roderick Kingsley as Hobgoblin
    - Return of Ned Leeds (and Betty Brant)
    - Continue to flesh out this new Peter/MJ relationship
    - Find something useful for Aunt May to do
    - Big showdown between Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man (I don’t buy this “truce” so have them square off in a double-sized SSM #12. I don’t see that series getting past 12 issues anyways).

    - Jason G. Carr

  15. #45
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    - Big showdown between Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man (I don’t buy this “truce” so have them square off in a double-sized SSM #12. I don’t see that series getting past 12 issues anyways).
    The Superior Octopus one-shot, which had no Spider-Man branding, sold better through direct market estimates than Black Panther, Punisher (on its third issue), and two X-Men team books. On Comixology, the new Superior Spidey #1 is rank #4 on digital bestsellers, above the new X-Force and every digital collection except a Darth Vader one during a massive holiday sale. And the Ben Reilly solo, a book about a character who's heyday was 20 years ago instead of Superior's five, was able to run for two years. And five years ago, Superior was also one of Marvel's best selling books, and was just their best selling book by the end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •