Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    - Big showdown between Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man (I don’t buy this “truce” so have them square off in a double-sized SSM #12. I don’t see that series getting past 12 issues anyways).
    I could go for a guest arc or story where Peter gets the chance to beat the snot out of SpOck .
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Superior Octopus one-shot, which had no Spider-Man branding, sold better through direct market estimates than Black Panther, Punisher (on its third issue), and two X-Men team books. On Comixology, the new Superior Spidey #1 is rank #4 on digital bestsellers, above the new X-Force and every digital collection except a Darth Vader one during a massive holiday sale. And the Ben Reilly solo, a book about a character who's heyday was 20 years ago instead of Superior's five, was able to run for two years. And five years ago, Superior was also one of Marvel's best selling books, and was just their best selling book by the end.
    This kind of reminds me how Sinestro's solo book was one of the better selling Green Lantern spinoffs, particularly noticeable since it came after Geoff Johns left (where the titles started selling less and less).

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    I love these types of threads oldschool... my list is very 80’s:

- No Norman Osborn/Green Goblin (or Harry Osborn/Green Goblin for that matter)
    - Return of Roderick Kingsley as Hobgoblin
    - Return of Ned Leeds (and Betty Brant)
    - Continue to flesh out this new Peter/MJ relationship
    - Find something useful for Aunt May to do
    - Big showdown between Amazing Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man (I don’t buy this “truce” so have them square off in a double-sized SSM #12. I don’t see that series getting past 12 issues anyways).

I am on board with all those, JGC! I do think the new status quo of Norman off the board for now and Otto as SpOck opens the door to reintroduce Kingsley as Hobgoblin and a new Doc Ock---either a return of Lady Ock or a brand new villain with the tentacles. Seems silly to not have an octopus villain to threaten Spidey while Otto is doing his SpOck thing---however long that lasts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Superior Octopus one-shot, which had no Spider-Man branding, sold better through direct market estimates than Black Panther, Punisher (on its third issue), and two X-Men team books. On Comixology, the new Superior Spidey #1 is rank #4 on digital bestsellers, above the new X-Force and every digital collection except a Darth Vader one during a massive holiday sale. And the Ben Reilly solo, a book about a character who's heyday was 20 years ago instead of Superior's five, was able to run for two years. And five years ago, Superior was also one of Marvel's best selling books, and was just their best selling book by the end.
    Yeah, I think it's likely that Superior will have a healthy run. If Ben's book could limp its way through two years, there's no way SpOck isn't going past that!

As for 2019, I don't know what I'm hoping for specifically outside of more of the awesomeness that 2018 delivered.

This was one of the best years for the Spider-verse on all fronts so more of that will be more than welcome!

Hyped for Taylor and Cabal's run on FNSM, for Spencer's ASM run to reach even greater heights, for Gage to keep making Superior superior, for Miles' book to be better than ever, for Cates' Venom run to keep blowing minds, and for Spidey to kick ass on the big screen in Endgame and Far From Home.

...And if Spectacular relaunches or they bring back Web of Spider-Man, I wouldn't mind that either!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Hyped for Taylor and Cabal's run on FNSM, for Spencer's ASM run to reach even greater heights, for Gage to keep making Superior superior, for Miles' book to be better than ever, for Cates' Venom run to keep blowing minds, and for Spidey to kick ass on the big screen in Endgame and Far From Home.
    I am certainly ready for that over more bumbling "Mr. Stark" Spidey.