Default Wong Fei Hong enters the Kengan Asura Tournament

Jet Li's classic Wong Fei Hong enters the tournament that has been the Kengan Asura manga's focus since almost the beginning. How would he fare against the roster of fighters?

BANNED

He does badly. We're talking about Baki-lite stuff here.

I've read the Kengan Asura manga and watched the Wong Fei Hong movies. How do you see their feats having such a great disparity?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I know Kengan but I don't know Wong, what are his stats like?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I probably need to rewatch Wong Fei Hong movies again. I always thought he's more in the Tekken Chinmi level of fighters, in which they're ridiculously good but nothing too crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I know Kengan but I don't know Wong, what are his stats like?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEWOWbFDSQ
    Wong Fei Hong is fast and skilled enough to deflect bullets with a piece of cloth, and kick 11 bottles falling simultaneously through the air before they reach the ground such that every bottle strikes his opponent.

Precise enough to use his braid to retrieve a coin from midair while batting aside a contesting hand.

Strong enough to break table legs with rapid parries, and break a rope by throwing a coin at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPEfJvqYRmk
    Has the balance to manipulate a hilariously unstable tower of tables to his liking, despite everyone in the room trying to make the tables work against him and for their cult leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JmQalZxuuw
    More feats of balance and agility as Fei Hong uses more ladders than any man needs to make a fight scene set piece. Note that this was in his first movie, rather than in his last where he got the bullet deflecting feats. Also note that the opponent he's fighting is known as Iron Robe Yim because he's shown to tank multiple slashes to the torso from a dao straight on while suffering nary a scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn3Ovjhcbo0
    And here's Wong Fei Hong fighting a 10 guys in a giant centipede costume while dressed as a chicken. Just because.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I've read the Kengan Asura manga and watched the Wong Fei Hong movies. How do you see their feats having such a great disparity?
    Wong's going to have to deal with people who have working combat precog, AND there's a lot of grapplers in there, too. Hell, Imai has only begun to use his precog AND Zone, so we should see how far he's come in the new season which was announced a while ago.

Wong would do well against the pure strikers, but the ones who are MMA types, especially the ones who made it to the semifinals, that IMO would be where he's in uncharted territory.

We haven't seen Kure Raian using his techniques in a match. So he's definitely one to watch in Kengan Asura II.

Also I don't think we've begun to see the full potential of Imai Cosmo. He's another wild card.

And then there's Rihito and Agito, whose real journey has only begun at this point.

Season 2 should be pretty mental, but I'm curious as to how Yabako's going to carry it without Ohma.
    Last edited by T51R; 12-21-2018 at 10:51 PM.