Thread: No More Heroes

Default No More Heroes

The new No More Heroes game, Travis Strikes Again, releases early next year.

The game is a side game and not intended as the third mainline entry.

The game will have a physical version that will include the season pass (digital purchases have to be done separately.
    The game is exclusive to Switch

The dlc adds new levels to play as Shinobu Jacobs and Bad Girl

travis-strikes-again-no-more-heroes-season-pass-656x770.jpg

I loved the first two No More Heroes games but I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. The gameplay looks very basic and it's missing all the charming character stuff that makes things fun and unique. I kind of with they just did a No More Heroes Double Pack for the Switch instead.

I was a fan of NMH but I probably won't be getting a switch.

The new game is alright and hope it works out.

I'm hoping Bad-Girl is a AI/Ghost thing instead of somehow being alive.

I always wanted Killer is Dead to be a Henry spinoff and it be cool if they redid that game as a Henry spinoff.

will it have the same charm in a nintendo console as it did in ps? I remember the other NHM on wii was bad. In fact I dont know if bayonetta is still good on wiiU as it was on ps3.
    I mean nintendo has some censor rules since ancient times. (or have those been scrapped?)

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    will it have the same charm in a nintendo console as it did in ps? I remember the other NHM on wii was bad. In fact I dont know if bayonetta is still good on wiiU as it was on ps3.
    I mean nintendo has some censor rules since ancient times. (or have those been scrapped?)
    ...going to assume this isn't weird trolling, so: both earlier No More Heroes games were Wii-exclusive at launch and only ported to PlayStation later, a process that pointedly did not include the oversight of director/producer/mad scientist Suda51. Being on a Nintendo machine didn't prevent either game from indulging in excessive gore, filthy language and hilarious boob physics.

And now it's coming home where it always belonged. All is right with the world.

(Sidenote: Bayonetta similarly suffered no issues of Nintendo 'censoring' its content, and the sequel was co-financed by Nintendo specifically because they wanted WiiU to offer something familiar to the teen-boy market that needs excessive bloodshed to feel anything in a videogame. Also why they took over publishing on Devil's Third, which...didn't work out so well.)
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    No More Heroes began as a Nintendo-exclusive franchise and you could argue the main difference it had for being on the Wii (motion controls) enhanced the gameplay over the port predecessors. NMH is better on Wii than it is on anything else. Bayonetta 2 is also notably better than the original.

It sounds like you're a little misinformed with the Nintendo stuff.

My review of the game is now live

https://realotakugamer.com/welcome-b...-heroes-review

TSA launch trailer.