Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I would assume that there were no Skrulls, mutant shapeshifters, and illusionists involved to impede the wedding.
    Guess we'll find out Wednesday.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Guess we'll find out Wednesday.
    Such a long wait for such a great book. I can’t wait to see what Slott’s cooking up for us.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Franklin with hair dye and an electric razor: This is giving me flashbacks to Cable-clone Franklin for some reasons.
    After seeing his new 'do, I predict opinion will be split on it.
    Reed folding in different dimensions into Yancy Street: This could be seen a mile away.
    Yeah as mentioned by others it's been done at Pier 4 before.

I hope Slott lets them meet Mayor Fisk. They never to my knowledge faced Mayor Jameson.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

PLEASE give Frank a hot pink mohawk with piercings. That's all I ask of you, Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    PLEASE give Frank a hot pink mohawk with piercings.
    Like this?

Or this?

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

THE FIRST ONE THE FIRST ONE YES EXACTLY LIKE THAT

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I expect Frank and Valeria to start an 80’s cover band that sings Bow Wow Wow’s version of I Want Candy.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Welp.... I loved this issue.

SPOILERS!

spoilers:

So here we are, the fifth Fantastic Four wedding that was actually completed. (By FF wedding I refer to those in the title involving a charter or former member: Reed & Sue, Crystal & Pietro, Medusa & Black Bolt, and Johnny & Alicia—no, wait, that was Lyja; and believe it or not that one was actually referenced by one of our main characters, Reed, much to Johnny's chagrin.) Ben & Debbie got canceled, so it's a relief this one finally did push through. Marvel and Slott did keep their word, no Peter/Kitty shenanigans here. And, no supers in the wedding itself by Ben's request. Bachelor party? Sure, plenty of them, mostly those Ben worked with like the GotG, Wundarr/Aquarian, Vance Astro, Dennis Dunphy, but no representative from Bill Foster's family, and no Wendell Vaughn either. Surprisingly, Thundra was there; either someone fetched her from Weird World or she made it on her own. And she didn't join the ladies, hence her absence there, but rather the men! Which was a good thing, because the surprise villains were the… female members of the Serpent Society, including Princess Python who did after all survive the assassination attempt of her own son (!), but minus Diamondback. And Thundra later won the first Super Hero Strip Poker game! I love how she basically wore a dress version of her Femizon outfit.

Franklin's hair: Blue wavy spikes! (Sorry, don't know what to call them.) And Aunt Petunia is alive.

The hitch. Every FF wedding has to have a hitch. (Even Johnny and Alicia/Lyja's had one, but it was directed at Wizard and Thinker by Puppet Master.) Doom interrupting the wedding with his global announcement that he would save Earth from Galactus. But the FF and Alicia get to have their cake and eat it too, with Reed activating a 4-minute chronal displacement device that surrounded Ben, Alicia, the Rabbi and all those immediately around them to enable the Rabbi to conclude the ceremony, after which the team flew off to, in Alicia's words, "Clobber 'Em."

MAZEL TOV!
    end of spoilers
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Like this?

Or this?

Isn't that basically Quentin Quire's look?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    The first story:

I always wondered if Sue felt any guilt for what she said to Ben before the accident and it's nice to see that she does. It's a sweet story that goes into the relationship between the two and while Reed's guilt led to him constantly trying to find cure, Sue's led to her trying to make sure Ben and Alicia happened. It was great seeing Ben and Alicia falling in love and the end with him telling Sue that Alicia is nothing like her and Sue having that tearful smile was great. It shows just how happy she is that Ben found Alicia and is a really sweet story. I especially loved it because we don't get to see Ben and Sue's relationship often.

Second story:

Reed is a bit more *******-ish than I like, but other than that it was another great story. Enjoyed Johnny planning the bachelors party and it all going to hell like it would. It was really fun and I think it got Johnny's character perfect. His sadness of his past failed relationships and wondering if he'll ever have something like Reed and Sue or Ben and Alicia have, is definitely something that Johnny has often wondered before. Great cameo's, action, funny jokes, and heartwarming end between Johnny and Ben. Loved it.
    (Also, is Johnny being set up to be with Wyatt? Or am I imagining it?)

Third story:

The Wedding! Aunt Petunia and Uncle Jake are back! Aunt Petunia has aged quite a bit since Byrne, but I prefer her as an older woman. We also get to see Franklin's new hairstyle (yikes. He's definitely a teen). We get the wedding and Reed pulls through with his time stopper so that this wedding actually happens. It's a nice moment that shows Reed's heart is always in the right place, he just get's a bit too indulged in one thing at a time. The vows were nice and I loved when Alicia told be to "Clobber 'em".
    end of spoilers

All in all I loved this issue and it's, in my opinion, the best issue so far. I was getting a bit nervous of this run with the slow start, but this issue has given me more faith. I'm now more open-minded to the upcoming Dr Doom-centered issues.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-26-2018 at 08:35 AM.

I'm reading it in my favourite cafe, drinking a perfect chocolat chaud with creme Chantilly, an the magic just happened: at the exact moment when I turned the page to the one with the ceremony, Otis Redding's I've been loving you too long started to play... So sweet! (It reminds me Norma and Ed in Twin Peaks The Return... perfect!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I juste finished my reading and I really liked it - especially the flashback and, of course, the bachelor party beautiful drawned by Adam Hugues.

I'm happy with Slott's writing too. (And I won't insist too much today on the issues I obviously have with the changing of artist... )
    Last edited by Abe; 12-26-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Honestly, this was a cute issue. Sure, Reed comes off as more of a dick than the usual Reed Richards dickery, but I can see the dramatic value. Sue teaching Ben how to dance after he crushed the feet of everyone else was a charming yet saccharine display that I live for. Also, I love how the wedding was interrupted, but Reed caused it to actually happen.
    end of spoilers

It better just be black and not overlayed with something dumb like blue, silver, or purple.
    spoilers:
    Unfortunately, I correctly predicted Franklin's new hair style. Hopefully, he reality warps it back soon.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    D-MAN IS ALIVE! YES, GOD YES! D-MAN AND RAGE BE LIVIN'! SLOTT KNOWS GRUENWALD IS GOD!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Dan finessed the hell out of that continuity. And Allred's Alicia is too cute. Cut it out, Mike!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Thundra's a real one. But let's get Johnny a boo.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Franklin is a FAILURE.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate