Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman March 2019 Solicits- Giganta's Back!

Wilson's plans to combine old foes with mythological creatures continues, this time with Giganta and a pack of Titans

WONDER WOMAN #66
    written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art by CARY NORD and MICK GRAY
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by VIKTOR KALVACHEV
    Wonder Woman’s mother is missing—and so is Aphrodite’s son! Together, they’ll turn the world upside down to find them...if the world doesn’t get turned upside down by a pack of wayward Titans first! By far the biggest survivors of the decimation of Olympus have taken up residence in Rocky Mountain National Park, and they’re not moving!

WONDER WOMAN #67
    written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    art by CARY NORD and MICK GRAY
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by ESTEBAN MAROTO
    How do you fight a giant? Use a bigger giant! Unfortunately, the strongest one Wonder Woman knows hates her guts...so what will Diana have to promise to Dr. Doris Zuel, a.k.a. Giganta, to get her to join the fight against the mythological Titans demolishing Colorado?

Also:

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #9
    written by JAMES TYNION IV
    art and cover by ALVARO MARTINEZ BUENO and RAUL FERNANDEZ
    variant cover by KELLEY JONES
    Doctor Fate has assembled his Lords of Order, and it means certain destruction for the Justice League Dark! As Doctor Fate traps the magical community on Earth, the team fights against the Otherkind. The walls are closing in on them, and they’ll need to find a way to stop Fate if there’s any hope for magic’s survival!

WONDER WOMAN VOL 8: DARK GODS TP
    written by JAMES ROBINSON
    art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA, JESUS MERINO and EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    cover by JENNY FRISON
    In the wake of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, new secrets of the cosmos have been revealed and taken form...and though she doesn’t know it yet, Wonder Woman is at the center of their plans! They are the Dark Gods, and they have the Amazon Warrior in their sights. Collects WONDER WOMAN #46-50 and ANNUAL #3.

Seems Wilson is set to introduce at least one classic villain every month.

The cover for #66 looks fun too.

Woo! This has some amazing potential. Wonder Woman attempting to reach out to Giganta and get her to help for a noble cause is just the sort of thing I want to see

The Giganta team-up sounds like everything we've all been asking for for so long! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Woo! This has some amazing potential. Wonder Woman attempting to reach out to Giganta and get her to help for a noble cause is just the sort of thing I want to see
    To be fair, Simone got there first in vol 3 #36, but it was a fun take on Giganta that I think can be executed well again.

Eros missing is also very interesting. I wonder if this will reference the pre-Crisis stories where Eros was Steve (but not really).

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Seems Wilson is set to introduce at least one classic villain every month.

The cover for #66 looks fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The Giganta team-up sounds like everything we've all been asking for for so long! Can't wait!
    Hopefully a pattern is emerging. Short, mostly self contained two issue arcs that tie into a larger story that each re/introduce a classic villain sounds wonderful.

I can't wait for the Ares arc to be over with so we can get onto Veronica and Giganta. I wonder who will be next? I hope we get some lesser known villains to build up to Cheetah, Circe and Dr. Psycho's inevitable appearances.

To be fair, Simone got there first in vol 3 #36, but it was a fun take on Giganta that I think can be executed well again.
    Simone's Giganta cameo was fun, but I think this has the potential to be better. Giganta was rather inconsequential to that arc as she vanished after part 1. Whereas the premise of this arc seems an excuse to build a story around Giganta herself.

Simones arc was really fun, but it didn't get to develop much in Wonder Woman, with Simone using her in that Secret Six thing.

Oh gods, I almost forgot the whole Eros thing. That mess was confusing. And he basically acted like Kanighers silver age Steve Trevor. XP
    'This is a retcon to unretcon all the past retcons so that Wonder Woman has all of her continuity back~' Which was never really addressed or explored afterwards.

Giganta being back is great but man am I really not happy that Nord looks to be sticking around. Guess I’ll just have to learn to live with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Giganta being back is great but man am I really not happy that Nord looks to be sticking around. Guess I’ll just have to learn to live with him.
    From my experience when it comes to having an artist one dislikes it helps to peruse Liefeld artwork. It can give one a better appreciation for most art styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    From my experience when it comes to having an artist one dislikes it helps to peruse Liefeld artwork. It can give one a better appreciation for most art styles.
    Hah! I feel like Nord and Liefeld are opposites art-wise. Liefeld has his overdesigned monstrosities with pouches everywhere, while Nord’s art looks like he stopped at the rough sketch and just moved on. Not a fan of either but like I said I’ll learn to live with it.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah! I feel like Nord and Liefeld are opposites art-wise. Liefeld has his overdesigned monstrosities with pouches everywhere, while Nord’s art looks like he stopped at the rough sketch and just moved on. Not a fan of either but like I said I’ll learn to live with it.

Quoted for truth.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

True and i hope we don't get a rehash of Wonder Woman and Giganta being frenemies. I want to see Wonder Woman face off with Giganta and fans are left realizing that Giganta is a credible threat to Wonder Woman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    True and i hope we don't get a rehash of Wonder Woman and Giganta being frenemies. I want to see Wonder Woman face off with Giganta and fans are left realizing that Giganta is a credible threat to Wonder Woman.
    Im also hoping we get a deeper take on Giganta than whats previously shown. Some strong characterization would be darn spiffy.

I can tolerate "meh" art as long as the writing is good. This will be around the point Wilson said she started to get more comfortable writing Diana, and her first three issues show signs of potential.

What I wouldn't give to have the Dodsons drawing this though.

I do wish it was a different artist for this story, but I'm just glad that it seems Giganta will finally be treated with respect rather than just being the villain Diana punches out in one panel. The solicits suggesting that Giganta is powerful enough to spar with the actual Titans makes me very hopeful that this will be our definitive Giganta story, as she really hasn't had one in the past beyond her first appearance in the 40's.