Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Suddenly I realize Bendis and King are the only reasons I'm still reading DC. Wow.

DIAL H FOR HERO #1: Humphries doesn't really churn my butter, but I want to support the Wonder imprint.
    HEROES IN CRISIS #7: I'm glad they didn't let those unhinged, abusive Ivy stans bully them into submission. Finally some justice!
    SECOND COMING #1: Vertigo has mostly been the equivalent of a wet fart, but Mark Russell's a gem, so we'll see.
    ACTION COMICS #1009: Shake the table, Bendis!
    BATMAN #66 & #67: The best Bat run since Morrison continues...
    THE GREEN LANTERN #5: Only Morrison could make me care about the Lanterns, much less Hal Jordan.
    MARTIAN MANHUNTER #4: First issue was great. Loving Rossmo and the aesthetic of the book.
    NAOMI #3: Bendis, Walker, and Campbell are a match made in Heaven.
    WONDER TWINS #2: Another Russell joint.
    YOUNG JUSTICE #3: Connor! \m/

Definitely BATGIRL OF BURNSIDE OMNIBUS HC, and maybe BATMAN ETERNAL OMNIBUS HC.

JL Odyssey
    Aquaman
    The Green Lantern
    Shazam
    HIC
    Doomsday Clock

Maybe Justice League.

The Green Lantern
    Shazam
    Young Justice

BANNED

pulling:

BATMAN: DAMNED #3
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1000
    ACTION COMICS #1009
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #10
    HAWKMAN #10
    SUPERMAN #9
    THE TERRIFICS #14

maybe:

SHAZAM! #4
    THE GREEN LANTERN #5

(...although so far I'm not really feeling either book.)

Spectacular Member

I guess Suicide Squad wont restart until the Leviathan mess is fixed, and form the what we see (countdown to one of the biggest sotries) is going to be a while... curious what this whoel story will mean for the governement agencies in the future.
    Jason Todd as a businessman wtf is going on with the family in general.

I wonder if Poison Ivy was starting to write M ... for Maggie Simpson, on that Heroes In Crisis cover

So, still a charged month gor me :
    The Silencer
    Naomi
    JLO
    Electric Warriors
    Red Hood
    Teen Titans
    Curse of Brimstone
    Last edited by Korath; 12-21-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Incredible Member

"Combat-optimized superhumans are now loose on the Earth."

Best. Line. Ever.

#thewildstorm.

BANNED

Not keen on Dinah vs Ollie ending Green Arrow. After all they've been through it's way out of character for them at this point. C'mon DC, let them be happy. Ugh, should have ended the run when Percy left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sigh.......

Definitely:
    Shazam

Maybe:
    Young Justice
    The Flash, since the dumb force quest will be over and Barry will be back in Central City.
    I’m in a similar boat:

Definitely:
    Shazam
    Justice League
    JL Dark
    JL Odyssey
    Detective Comics #1000
    Action Comics (Vic Sage is involved in this story somehow according to Bendis)
    Deathstroke and Teen Titans (if I must, I read Deathstroke anyway)
    Batman #66- Only for Sage
    Red Hood
    Flash
    Morrison’s GL
    Young Justice
    And Snyder’s Grim Knight Oneshot

And to think a few months ago I’d have been reading almost everything put out- Now I’m only reading Snyder’s JL and assorted JL books, Deathstroke, Morrison’s GL, Shazam, Flash, Detective Comics and wherever Vic Sage appears
    Last edited by Denirac; 12-21-2018 at 05:46 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Teen Titans not tired of Deathstroke??? I sure am. And it seems a new direction is being put upon them already. I'm liking the team a lot so hopefully its not too drastic.

Really interested to see how Bendis writes Waller. Action Comics next story seems big.
    They want him to be in batam league but he keeps harassing children
    so what do we do here

Definitely getting:
    -- The Green Lantern
    -- Action Comics (only because of The Question)
    -- Doomsday Clock

Detective Comics #1000
    Heroes in Crisis #7
    Second Coming #1
    Action Comics #1009
    Batman #66
    Batman #67
    Doomsday Clock #10
    Flash #66
    Flash #67
    The Green Lantern #5
    Justice League #19
    Justice League #20
    Justice League Odyssey #7
    Shazam! #4
    Superman #9
    Wonder Twins #2
    Young Justice #3

Most excited: As a 90s fanboy, the Young Justice relaunch has be geeking hard but I've got to give it to Wonder Twins #2. I have high, high hopes for this series.

Least excited: Everything is solid except for Odyssey... I loved the first two issues, but #3 hit with a thud. Obviously losing Stjepan Šejić would hurt any book, but I wasn't feeling Williamson's script, either. And then Abbnett comes aboard with #6 in February? Outlook not so good. Odyssey #7 is the only thing from the list above I can see myself flaking on.

I'll buy/read out of habit but I'm not feeling it: Justice League #19 and #20. Snyder's JL has yet to grab me. I just sat down to re-read it from No Justice through the current issue last weekend and I'm still not 100% sure what's going on, and I don't mean that in a cool/intriguing sort of way. Pretty disappointed by Drowned Earth.

Thank God we've hit double-digits: Doomsday Clock #10. Honestly, I'm rather enjoying Doomsday Clock whenever I sit down to read it, but like most people I'm ready for it to be over. Again, I acknowledge the quality, and I think history will be kind to this series, but I was biased against it going in given that it's holding up two of my favorite DC properties.

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman #46 - I'd probably read this book just for the art, but I just jumped on with #43 and hope the story picks up.
    Doomsday Clock #10 - At some point I will have to go back and read this from the beginning, but I've enjoyed each issue enough to see it through.
    Green Arrow #50 - Final issue? Wow, I just jumped back on this one too. Maybe they will relaunch it as a proper Green Arrow & Black Canary title.
    Scooby Apocalypse #35 - More people should check this out.
    Titans #35 - Another book I just got back into. Haven't read the latest issue but looks like a lot has changed since the Rebirth launch.

I am thinking about picking up Damage and Silencer again. Has anyone been following them? I dropped them a few months ago for reasons, with these two I felt like, in different ways, the stories were just dragging along, repeat the same plots. Have they picked up/move on at all? I really like both artists on the books but I want better stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Green Arrow #50 - Final issue? Wow, I just jumped back on this one too. Maybe they will relaunch it as a proper Green Arrow & Black Canary titl.
    Maybe, but the solicit seems to indicate they'll be breaking up and be at each other's throats

Apparently Green Arrow ending wasn't even the original plan for the book's writers, they had outlined a "long and robust" run for Ollie and Dinah. Whatever "wild and crazy" plans there are for Oliver Queen, it won't involve them.

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...93605288431616