Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wait . . . Morrison's run is already near issue #50?
    LOL, I either meant Green Arrow or I am displaying my clairvoyance. Considering I quoted someone talking about Green Arrow I guess it is the former

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Snyder's JL has yet to grab me. I just sat down to re-read it from No Justice through the current issue last weekend and I'm still not 100% sure what's going on, and I don't mean that in a cool/intriguing sort of way. Pretty disappointed by Drowned Earth.
    I just caught up over the weekend. I thought Synder’s Metal was a mess and a bit confusing, so I wasn’t excited to have Snyder take over a team book. And, I disliked No Justice. But, I was liking JL itself up until Drowned Earth which seemed like a DC forced event to sell more books (and setup the new Aquaman story starting in #43) and I too left disappointed.
    Last edited by comicfiend; 01-02-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    I just caught up over the weekend. I thought Synder’s Metal was a mess and a bit confusing, so I wasn’t excited to have Snyder take over a team book. And, I disliked No Justice. But, I was liking JL itself up until Drowned Earth which seemed like a DC forced event to sell more books (and setup the new Aquaman story starting in #43) and I too left disappointed.
    Wasn't there also a big Aquaman/Atlantis JL story during Johns' New52 run?

indeed there was, and i liked it. i thought the first year of john's justice league was super shaky, but "throne of atlantis" was solid and began to right the ship.

by nature i'm also usually against book-end issues. not sure why "drowned earth" couldn't have just been a 4-issue justice league arc. or a crossover with aquaman. okay, okay, i know why companies do book-end issues around events, but i'm prepared to die on this hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    by nature i'm also usually against book-end issues. not sure why "drowned earth" couldn't have just been a 4-issue justice league arc. or a crossover with aquaman. okay, okay, i know why companies do book-end issues around events, but i'm prepared to die on this hill.
    Agreed. Even worse is that pages of both the book-end issues and JL issues were wasted by recapping what’d prior occurred. Had this whole event been just JL issues I would’ve been cool.