Maybe:
    Martian Manhunter
    Red Hood
    Silencer
    Titans
    The Wonder Twins

Never:
    Damage
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The batman who laughs: The grim knight #1
    batman: Damned #3

batman #66
    batman #67
    detective comics #1000
    catwoman #9
    harley quinn #59
    nightwing #58
    titans #35
    teen titans #28
    deathstroke #41
    green arrow #50

doomsday clock #10
    heroes in crisis #7
    action comics #1009
    superman #9
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am thinking about picking up Damage and Silencer again. Has anyone been following them? I dropped them a few months ago for reasons, with these two I felt like, in different ways, the stories were just dragging along, repeat the same plots. Have they picked up/move on at all? I really like both artists on the books but I want better stories.
    I'm not really objective when it comes to Silencer, but issues 11 and forward are clearly moving the plot forward. Damage's also moving forward, after a fight with Superman. My opinion is that if you can afford it, you should definitively try it again.

But I'm not the most objective poster about the NAOH books.

Batman Beyond
    The Terrifics
    Wonder Woman (both)

..and I probably will continue with Heroes in Crisis, although the "heroes create an AI that turns against them" storyline--AGAIN!--bores me to tears.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Definitely:
    Action #1009
    Adventures of the Super Sons #8
    American Carnage #5
    Batman #66-67
    Batman Beyond #30
    Books of Magic #6
    Catwoman #9
    Curse of Brimstone #12
    Deathstroke #41
    Detective #1000
    Dial H for Hero #1
    Doomsday Clock #10
    Dreaming #7
    Female Furies #2
    Flash #56-57
    Goddess Mode #4
    Green Arrow #50
    The Green Lantern #5
    Hawkman #10
    Heroes in Crisis #7
    Hex Wives #6
    High Level #2
    House of Whispers #7
    Justice League Dark #9
    Justice League Odyssey #7
    Lucifer #6
    Martian Manhunter #4
    Pearl #7
    Second Coming #1
    Shazam! #4
    Supergirl #28
    Superman #9
    Teen Titans #28
    Terrifics #14
    Titans #35
    Wild Storm #21
    Wonder Twins #2
    Wonder Woman #66-67
    Young Justice #3

Likely:
    Aquaman #46
    Electric Warriors #5
    Freedom Fighters #4
    Harley Quinn #59
    Naomi #3
    Nightwing #58

If I Have the Money:
    Batgirl of Burnside Omnibus
    DC Cover Girls: Black Canary by Joelle Jones Statue
    DC Designer Series: Nightwing by Jim Lee Statue
    Flash/Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold Deluxe Hardcover
    Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth HC
    Suicide Squad Black Files #5
    Zero Hour 25th Anniversary Omnibus
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

My Definitely List:
    Detective Comics #1000
    --Steve Rude 1930s cover, if I can get it.

Heroes in Crisis #7
    --I know I should be hating this, but dangit if Tom King's writing doesn't have a hook in me.

Deathstroke #41
    --I'm not all that sure I care about a Teen Titans crossover, but I do enjoy this comic book.

Second Coming #1
    --Mark Russell has earned my loyalty.

Aquaman #46
    --I haven't missed an issue of Aquaman in a lot of years. I really enjoyed DeConnick's first issue.

Batman #s 66 & 67
    --The Question in #66? Lee Weeks on #67? Yes, please.

Doomsday Clock #10
    --I kinda want that Nathaniel Dusk cover.

Electric Warriors #5
    Freedom Fighters #4

The Green Lantern #5
    --Vampire planet hijinx!!

Harley Quinn #59
    --I'm interested in the slow coach through Kafkaville.

Hawkman #10
    Justice League #19-20
    Martian Manhunter #4
    Shazam #4
    The Terrifics #14
    Wonder Twins #2

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

My Maybe List:
    Batman: Damned #3
    -- I already have the first two and if this is the conclusion, I should get the last part. I'd put it on my definitely list, but it is barely on my radar. I haven't even read #2 yet.

Dial H for Hero #1
    --Sounds like it might be fun.

Batgirl #33
    --James Gordon Jr., you say? That might get me to pick up an issue of a comic I don't usually buy.

Damage #15
    --I haven't been reading this comic, but a solicit that promises me Aaron Lopresti drawing monsters on an island w/a guest appearance by Congo Bill sounds pretty interesting.

Flash #66

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS VOL. 1: ACTION DETECTIVE TP

One more to go to end Rebirth. I suspect a lot of months with nothing to buy making my wallet happy.

Cover
    Deathstroke
    All the Wonder Comics.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Not getting much issues; mostly trades that I KINDA want.

Definitely:
    BATMAN: DAMNED #3 - I'm too far in by this point, so screw it.
    DETECTIVE COMICS #1000 - Oh thank God Tomasi is on this! CBR's article on the creative team left him out, so I thought he was getting booted off for Kevin Smith or Christopher Priest or something, the poor guy.
    AMERICAN CARNAGE #5 - I saw a trade description that didn't say volume 1 (and Bryan Hill has said he's gonna stop writing comics after 2019), so... is this a secret miniseries? Is DC gonna start pulling a Marvel?
    DOOMSDAY CLOCK #10 - I swear to ****, DC... stop teasing me! We better get at least one of the two teams back by the end of this series! Jay Garrick's 80th anniversary is in 2020, so... yeah! And... ugh, they're gonna put Barry on the cover if they do some kind of anniversary special, aren't they?
    THE GREEN LANTERN #5 - But... is Trilla-Tru in it? Because... best character of 2018.
    SHAZAM! #4 - First issue was pretty good, so I'm gonna stick with it. Happy that Johns is writing outside of huge projects again

ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS VOL. 1: ACTION DETECTIVE TP - Guess we're splitting this. Sure, at least I get to read more Super Sons sooner.
    BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS VOL. 3 HC - Started reading this series about a year ago and it has aged remarkably well, especially the writing style.

Maybe:
    UNDER THE MOON: A CATWOMAN TALE TP - Vaguely interested, and I like the cover. I kinda dig that you could mostly photoshop it into a pretty decent phone wallpaper.
    HIGH LEVEL #2
    YOUNG JUSTICE #3
    THE KAMANDI CHALLENGE TP - Kinda interested in this. While it was ongoing, it was mostly because I was still a huge Tom King fanboy, but now I'm kinda just curious because of how it worked behind the scenes.

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN (DC MODERN CLASSIC) HC - Depends on the quality of these DC Modern Classic editions.
    BATMAN ETERNAL OMNIBUS HC - Kinda just to binge, since I read this weekly and it was extremely unfocused and probably below average overall. But hey, reintroduced Steph.
    THE FLASH/GREEN LANTERN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD DELUXE EDITION HC - I think I've heard good things about Waid's run on this. Though it's kinda expensive for what it is, script or not.
    KINGDOM COME TP - Still want the OHC, but if I cbf to find it.
    SCARLET VOL. 1 TP - KINDA interested in Scarlet... mostly because of Bendis and Maleev working well together, though reminding me of the trainwreck that was Infamous Iron Man is not a good decision. Still not sure I really want this, especially if there's other stuff before it.
    SUPERGIRL VOL. 1: THE KILLERS OF KRYPTON TP - I think the main reason I didn't read past the first issue with this, aside from hating Rogol Zaar, is not liking Maguire's art. Might give it a go now, since I've liked some of Andreyko's previous work. Oh also... I get that people like ARtgerm's art, but is the trade's cover gonna be shiny? The image is striking regardless, but it probably looks better when it's shiny like it was meant to be; and I think Dark Nights: Metal's trades were shiny, and it was way less important there... but I think it was just the hardcovers, so I don't know.
    SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 1: INVISIBLE MAFIA HC - When I was reading the two series, Action Comics was definitely much better than Superman and felt less... half-assed (aside from Superman's art (mostly))... but I'm still not keen on Bendis' overall Superman run.
    TEEN TITANS VOL. 1: FULL THROTTLE TP - I wanna believe this is good despite not being keen on Crush's design and premise.

DC DESIGNER SERIES: NIGHTWING BY JIM LEE STATUE - Expensive, and I'm not a fan of the twirl being a plastic... thing. At least have the stick visible or something. Though that pose is kind of iconic to me.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-01-2019 at 09:11 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

Oh, Heroes in Crisis... yeah, nice save, DC. Darkening the image and giving Ivy her somewhat less fanservicey costume. Also, ****. Still think Bleeding Cool were spot on and they're making Wally he murderer, though DC's covers haven't been afraid to piss off Wally fans and might be lying.

Oh boy, another Deathstroke and Titans crossover... ugh. That last one was new levels of bad, so... ****.

Okay, Clark revealing himself to Amanda Waller feels... dumb. Like a thing Bendis is gonna do because it's the comic version of clickbait and he or other writers will not follow through on it.

I dig that Batman #67 cover

Chris Samnee is just doing covers now? And for DC? Um... okay.

Ah, the female character Artgerm variant. Surprised it took Catwoman that long to get one, though I guess he probably did one for the wedding issue of Batman and that kinda counts? Except not really?

Okay, so as much as it kind of annoys me that the Sandman Universe stuff doesn't have textless covers for solicitations... I dig that The Dreaming cover, even though I'm not a big fan of Jae Lee's art.

So... um... I heard that Green Arrow was cancelled, but... it doesn't sound like it is? And I feel DC would probably say if ti was? Unless they are pulling a Marvel, except I think even Marvel said THAT STUFF when they were being pricks about solicitations.

That Harley Quinn cover... ugh.

Why does Justice League #19 have a Rob Liefeld variant cover? Just... why? Is the story related his work or something?

When did Raptor start using the New 52 Nightwing outfit? It works for him, I'm just curious. Also, still can't believe Dick si still gonna be in Ric Grayson mode for Detective Comics #1000...

That Supergirl cover is weird. I like Yanick Paquette, but that;s kind of just an awkward pose and facial expression.

I am so worried about Superman #9... also, didn't the Crime Syndicate... die? Using Ivan Reis for the cover DOES NOT help with that.

Wow, The Terrifics is still going. Genuinely surprised by this.

Glad to see Midnighter and Apollo back; surprised it took this long not only for them to come back but for them to be on a cover, since they're probably two of the most well-known Wildstorm characters.

Oh man... Batgirl of Burnside omnibus... I can already see the over-ordering that will probably get. Although... that's a pretty good price for it, even if what I read of it wasn't my thing.

That Death of the Family trade... Capullo's art makes it so I can't tell Dick and Tim apart I genuinely got confused and thought I miscounted until I noticed the colour of their masks. Seriously, why did he give them the same hair?!

"Deface the face"... oh my.

Huh... Supergirl's New 52 symbol based off that Elseworlds: Superman trade cover?

Tony S. Daniel's new Final Crisis cver low-key makes it seem like Superman is activating his mind powers to resurrect Batman :P

Gotta say, really appreciating these new Sandman covers by McKean

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen trade? Oh boy... if I had to read that on its own, with no other Fourth World stuff to break it up... ugh.

Jenny Frisson JUUUUUUUUUST managing to avoid drawing full feat on that Wonder Woman trade cover... though given that she bothered to show the heel, I doubt she CAN'T draw them.

Dammit, DC. I bought the Zero Hour hardcover... and now you put out an omnibus?! If I still wanted to have the Crisis in their largest, best format I'd be pissed

That Batman figure pack... I so would've preferred if they just did the Batfamily. I don't really need five Batmen.

The eyeliner on that Black Canary statue... it's probably intentional, but... um... no? Girl, get some eyeshadow at least!

While I stopped being a Harley Quinn fan a looooong time ago... that statue is pretty cool.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Incredible Member

BC is always right 8-)

Which is why DC solicits confirmed GA 50 was the final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    BC is always right 8-)

Which is why DC solicits confirmed GA 50 was the final issue.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-01-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Ah, the female character Artgerm variant. Surprised it took Catwoman that long to get one, though I guess he probably did one for the wedding issue of Batman and that kinda counts? Except not really?

So... um... I heard that Green Arrow was cancelled, but... it doesn't sound like it is? And I feel DC would probably say if ti was? Unless they are pulling a Marvel, except I think even Marvel said THAT STUFF when they were being pricks about solicitations.
    There have been Artgerm variants for (nearly?) all of the Catwoman issues so far.

Also, the actual solicits in Previews from DC states that Green Lantern #50 is the final issue.

There have been Artgerm variants for (nearly?) all of the Catwoman issues so far.

Also, the actual solicits in Previews from DC states that Green Lantern #50 is the final issue.
    Turns out it is in fact every issue of Catwoman. Oops, my bad. The world makes sense again!

Regular pulls:

. . . Also, the actual solicits in Previews from DC states that Green Lantern #50 is the final issue.
    Wait . . . Morrison's run is already near issue #50?