Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Don't have an entry yet because I'm gonna take my time finding a perfect one.
    Right. It sometimes happens that inserted images don't show in my browser.

Anyway, here's my entry:

and the original

Last edited by Kirby101; 12-21-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I'm glad Age of Reptiles got posted. It's a must read for dinosuar fans.

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

My sister in the US got this for me before the movie came out, together with a T-shirt and other merch. I was that obsessed.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The omnipotent Franklin Richards:

In this new universe he created, I can get votes!

Dating myself, but I used to love this show.

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

MRP's cover is about the "Bone Wars" between America's two pre-eminent paleontologists of the 19th Century, Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope. Through their feud they sparked the golden age of dinosaur exploration; but they also did a lot of underhanded deeds to destroy each other and both ended up with somewhat damaged reputations. In a rush to name as many new fossils as possible, they named new species based on fragmentary remains and it would take decades to untangle the taxonomic mess they made. Worse, their rivalry often resulted in the destruction of priceless fossils with the thought that "if I can't have it, he won't either". History judges them with a mixed assessment of admiration and criticism.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

MRP's cover is about the "Bone Wars" between America's two pre-eminent paleontologists of the 19th Century, Othniel Charles Marsh and Edward Drinker Cope. Through their feud they sparked the golden age of dinosaur exploration; but they also did a lot of underhanded deeds to destroy each other and both ended up with somewhat damaged reputations. In a rush to name as many new fossils as possible, they named new species based on fragmentary remains and it would take decades to untangle the taxonomic mess they made. Worse, their rivalry often resulted in the destruction of priceless fossils with the thought that "if I can't have it, he won't either". History judges them with a mixed assessment of admiration and criticism.
    I am a big fan of all of Jim Ottavani's "science comics" but this particular book was brought to my attention when David Petersen (of Mouse Guard fame) mentioned it as the one book he would recommend to non-comic readers to get them to love comics during his keynote address at the inaugural Ringo Awards night. I picked it up based on that recommendation, and loved it, and it was the firs thing I thought of when I saw the topic was dinosaurs despite there being a lot of great dinosaur covers out there (and a few series I hope get some love that haven't appeared yet in the thread).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Kids needs dinosaurs too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kjn; 12-21-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Spidey, Ka-Zar, Shanna and a grab bag of Jurassic Park rejects.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Mutant Karl Lykos is an energy vampire who, after feeding on the energy he steals from people, turns into a pants-wearing pterodactyl-type creature named Sauron*, because why the hell not?

* A name that he blatantly, openly steals, in-story, from Lord Of The Rings. Comics, amirite?

Here's the cover from his first appearance, drawn by Neal Adams, whose art on the X-Men at the time was years ahead of anyone else drawing funnybooks.

X-Men-V1-60.jpg

They sound like a pair of c***s.