Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What if Lois was the survivor of Krypton and Clark Kent was an ordinary human?

I want to see a story where Jor - Els brother testing a teleportation device lands on Earth. He becomes the Eradicator and joins the Jsa while trying to find a way back home. Once he manages to find his way home he invents a device to chage the Red sun of Krypton to a yellow sun to give the whole planet his powers and become the masters of the universe. But something is wrong with his calculations and he ends up destroying the planet. Jor - El still send baby Kal to Earth where he becomes Superman.

Or how about one where Clark is African American. The kents know they cant raise him so they give him to a local black family. Clark grows up to use his powers to battle the KKK and he gets really involved in Civil rights and save the life of Both MLK and JFk inspiring JFK to introduce the civil rights act.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-13-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Superman: Hollywood's Finest

Superman's secret identity is that of an actor. Struggling (but extremely talented) young actor Clarke Kent gets the opportunity of a lifetime when he gets the role of world's foremost hero Superman!

One may play around the pitch. But the secret identity of Superman remains that of an actor.

I would prefer something a bit comedic. (Feeling sleepy. Lol. Will expand the post later).
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-14-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

So way back in 1940, there was this story titled 'How Superman Would Win the War' which basically showed Superman flying off to Europe, capturing Hitler and Mussolini, and hauling them up before the League of Nations.

My Elseworlds idea is basically an expansion of this story. The first chapter would show the lead-up to how Superman gradually got to the point where he decided that enough is enough and he can't afford to be a bystander in the war. Maybe he finds out about the Holocaust and that is the absolute last straw for him. So around 1944, he decides to end the war single-handedly and succeeds.

The rest of the story will be set over the subsequent decades and be an alternate history, depicting a version of the US, and the world, where Superman ended the war and the impact that had on the world and the socio-political trends of the latter half of the 20th century and the dawn of the 21st. We also see the role that superheroes played over subsequent generations played in a world where a superhero ended the greatest ever war. And of course, we get to see the role Superman plays over the decades and how he deals with the fallout of his actions, good and bad.

Spectacular Member

I want to see an Elseworlds where everything is the same but Clark insists on eating ham sandwiches for lunch. Every day, its the only thing he'll eat for lunch. There will be a super villain plot that will be completely unrelated to the sandwiches. Lois will become attracted to him because he's a man who knows what he wants and what he wants is a ham sandwich.

In another Elseworlds Superman always loses his keys. He falls in love with Lois because she finds his keys for him.

In another Elseworlds Lex hates Superman because Superman called him stupid one time.
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 01-14-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    So way back in 1940, there was this story titled 'How Superman Would Win the War' which basically showed Superman flying off to Europe, capturing Hitler and Mussolini, and hauling them up before the League of Nations.

My Elseworlds idea is basically an expansion of this story. The first chapter would show the lead-up to how Superman gradually got to the point where he decided that enough is enough and he can't afford to be a bystander in the war. Maybe he finds out about the Holocaust and that is the absolute last straw for him. So around 1944, he decides to end the war single-handedly and succeeds.

The rest of the story will be set over the subsequent decades and be an alternate history, depicting a version of the US, and the world, where Superman ended the war and the impact that had on the world and the socio-political trends of the latter half of the 20th century and the dawn of the 21st. We also see the role that superheroes played over subsequent generations played in a world where a superhero ended the greatest ever war. And of course, we get to see the role Superman plays over the decades and how he deals with the fallout of his actions, good and bad.
    This could be one of my favorite stories ever if they handled it right.

Haven't seen the Reign of the Supermen movie yet, but how about an Elseworld where Superman never came back to life after his death against Doomsday, how would Reign play out differently? Would Steel or Superboy be able to truly take over for the Man of Steel? How would Metropolis, the world, and the Justice League fair in a world without Clark Kent Superman? And just to even it out lets say Bruce never healed or whatever after getting his back broke by Bane. If the two big changes in the 90s stuck.

On the flip side, but keeping to 90s events sticking, what if Superman was still split or whatever into Superman Red and Superman Blue?

has a story been done where Kal-El crash lands in 20th century England on Royal property? I'd like to see how that sort of life plays out for him, as an heir to the throne, and how Parliament reacts to him politically.

I guess having baby Kal-El land at any point in human history would make for an interesting one; ideas I've had being the time of the Roman Empire, the Americas before European colonization, before the American Civil War, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has a story been done where Kal-El crash lands in 20th century England on Royal property? I'd like to see how that sort of life plays out for him, as an heir to the throne, and how Parliament reacts to him politically.
    He’s landed in Britain in Superman: True Brit which is a Monty Python type comedy of the Superman story.