Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Lois Lane traveling the multiverse getting her long overdue revenge on every reality she's been killed off in for Superman's manpain.
    I want to see an alternate universe Lois take down Injustice Superman. THAT would be a great ending!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I want to see an alternate universe Lois take down Injustice Superman. THAT would be a great ending!
    That would definitely be her last stop. Lois Lane ripping through the multiverse like the Anti-Monitor.

Incredible Member

Lois Lane traveling the multiverse getting her long overdue revenge on every reality she's been killed off in for Superman's manpain.
    That would be an awesome story tbh lol!

Astonishing Member

I'd rather see all the multiverse Supermen who did just fine with a dead Lois or no Lois at all. Not as an anti-Lois comment as much as making it clear that killing Lois shouldn't be a short-hand for driving Superman into anti-social acts. Maybe even something like the KC Superman taking down the Injustice one while commenting on how the KC version learned from his mistakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd rather see all the multiverse Supermen who did just fine with a dead Lois or no Lois at all. Not as an anti-Lois comment as much as making it clear that killing Lois shouldn't be a short-hand for driving Superman into anti-social acts. Maybe even something like the KC Superman taking down the Injustice one while commenting on how the KC version learned from his mistakes..
    I'm honestly sick of Lois's death or mistreatment being used to make any statement whatsoever on Superman's character good or bad. Maybe have both of them break the 4th wall Deadpool style and go and knock the heads of all the creators who can't come up with some other motivation for Superman other than her mistreatment.

I'm honestly sick of Lois's death or mistreatment being used to make any statement whatsoever on Superman's character good or bad. Maybe have both of them break the 4th wall Deadpool style and go and knock the heads of all the creators who can't come up with some other motivation for Superman other than her mistreatment.
    That'd be great - a team of well-adjusted Supermen...

..Led by Lois Lane!

I like it.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

May be something about Red Son Superman. His farm days in soviet russia or something. lol But it must be written by Mark Millar otherwise i won't buy it. I'm in such a Red Son Superman craze right now lol Just got Mezco one:12 Red Son Superman figure and i want to read about Red Son Superman... lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Not that I enjoy the series, but from what little I saw, they might be doing this in Injustice?

Since I see a lot of cultural/social parallels between the pop culture perspectives on both Superman and Elvis Presley, I always thought Clark landing in Tupelo 1935 would have been interesting. Gladys/Vernon Presley told friends that they saw a blue shooting star the night Elvis was born - maybe in the story, that's the rocket ship? Lots of interesting and fun plays on pop-culture stuff could be thrown in there, too.

Besides, you can't beat the name: Kal-Elvis. lol
    Love the name, JAK. Definitely getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd like DC animated movies to adapted Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.
    Yeah this needs to be the next animated movie.

Astonishing Member

A world where "the authorities" showed up at the Kent farm after the rocket landed and the Kent family had to flee. Sort of like The Fugitive or the old The Incredible Hulk TV series with the Kents arriving in a town and eventually having to flee again when something reveals them. Clark growing up believing in the ideals of the country but never really trusting the people in charge.

If it was expanded out to include the JLA, I could see a Batman whose parents were either killed by the GCPD or at least had their murders covered up, an Aquaman who was more militant about how the oceans are treated, a Wonder Woman less tolerant of patriarchy, Hal Hordan working for Guardians who don't necessarily recognize planetary authority, etc;

Now it would need a deft creative team because I'm not picturing a JLA who are borderline terrorists, but simply are more interested in justice than following the letter of the law. A Superman who'd have no problem dealing with LexCorp by destroying Lex's facilities, but only after making an effort to avoid hurting innocent workers. A Batman who still has a strict moral code, but simply has no interest in working with the police. Diana not strong arming social change but also having no qualms with personally enacting justice on men who prey on women.

I haven't got a clue as to all the Elseworlds that have been done, I can only name one I've read (well, actually seen thanks to the Red Son motion comic) unless we're counting all non-continuity stories as Elseworlds (in which case add Earth One and American Alien to the list), and while I haven't read them I'm aware of a few more, but not too many. So apologies if I mention something they've actually already done.

You'd have to take him back to his original 1930s power level or maybe even depower him further so he just doesn't destroy the nazis in like a day, but I'd be very interested in a WWII era Superman fighting the nazis. I think the Last Son of Krypton being confronted with the genocidal horrors of the holocaust would be a poignant thing. And Clark's a different enough character from Steve Rogers that it won't feel like a retread of Captain America.

An interesting one would be a period piece where baby Kal's rocket crashed at Roswell back in the forties, and the whole story plays out like some conspiracy thriller with the Kents trying to keep the secret of their baby boy from the military and eventually go one the run from the Men in Black (not the Will Smith version). Could have Area 51 and all sorts of UFO/alien conspiracy lore peppered throughout.

Something could be done with the Cthulhu Mythos, a 1920/30s Clark Kent stumbles upon a mysterious cult through his investigative reporting, eventually discovers their are other strange visitors on earth besides himself threatening mankind, could be interesting.

Something like what The Dark Knight Returns was for Batman. An older, retired Clark comes out of retirement after seeing how Metropolis has fallen into disarray without him. And no, I don't consider Kingdom Come to be that story, not near enough of an emphasis on his lore or family and villains for that.

Fantastic Member

I want an elseworld story in which:

Lara came to Earth with her son Kal as the 2 last survivors of Krypton and being taken in as refugees by the Kents. Jor-El would have managed to jury rig the spaceprobe so that both his wife and son could have very barely fitted in instead of only the literally helpless baby son. (Classic refugee story, ...why does that feel kind of relevant right now? Oh well)
    Lara would soon become Superwoman and usher in the (modern) Age of Heroes much earlier with Kal-El becoming Superboy (and later Superman) once he were old enough much like the Superman/Supergirl canon relationship.

Two people in particular that Superwoman would have saved would have been Thomas and Martha Wayne which lead to them becoming even greater philanthropists and to Bruce becoming Batman out of inspiration rather than pain. (Where have I read that before? ) Also Bruce would get to have a little brother and sister, but that would just be me as an author being cute^^ though to be fair, this whole piece about the Waynes would be me being cute XD

I could now map out the whole thing, but this is more than enough to get the idea across. Also, if someone, say a writer or editor at DC reads this, the idea is still vague enough to be written without risking some Intellectual Property conflicts because I came up with the idea. Ideas are still cheap, story outlines and such, not so much. (Yes, this is me essentially telling the people of DC that I am ok with the idea being taken up by DC without being compensated or even mentioned^^ All I want is for the story to get written, so I can have the fun of reading it )
    Last edited by Platinius; 01-01-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    I want an elseworld story in which:

Lara came to Earth with her son Kal as the 2 last survivors of Krypton and being taken in as refugees by the Kents. Jor-El would have managed to jury rig the spaceprobe so that both his wife and son could have very barely fitted in instead of only the literally helpless baby son. (Classic refugee story, ...why does that feel kind of relevant right now? Oh well)
    Lara would soon become Superwoman and usher in the (modern) Age of Heroes much earlier with Kal-El becoming Superboy (and later Superman) once he were old enough much like the Superman/Supergirl canon relationship.

Two people in particular that Superwomen would have saved would have been Thomas and Martha Wayne which lead to them becoming even greater philanthropists and to Bruce becoming Batman out of inspiration rather than pain. (Where have I read that before? ) Also Bruce would get to have a little brother and sister, but that would just be me as an author being cute^^ though to be fair, this whole piece about the Waynes would be me being cute XD

I could now map out the whole thing, but this is more than enough to get the idea across. Also, if someone, say a writer or editor at DC reads this, the idea is still vague enough to be written without risking some Intellectual Property conflicts because I came up with the idea. Ideas are still cheap, story outlines and such, not so much. (Yes, this is me essentially telling the people of DC that I am ok with the idea being taken up by DC without being compensated or even mentioned^^ All I want is for the story to get written, so I can have the fun of reading it )
    Ever read Last Family of Krypton? That's EXACTLY what happens! Lara saves them! Of course they die later in an explosion by anti-Kryptonian terrorists inspiring him to become Batman anyway.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

LFoK is a super sad story. A Superman story should not be so sad. It should be fun and inspiring, it should give hope.

Also, it is mostly Jor-El's story in how he "ruined" everything by not standing by and watching as people suffer and die. Ironically, it is one of the main reasons why canon Clark Kent is Superman. He hears and sees everything and cannot stand by and watch people suffer. Talk about hypocrisy -.-

I want the story (where only Lara and Kal made it out alive) to be fun and because Lara cannot be everywhere at once AND is not as technologically inclined as her husband, she will not "ruin" everything.^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Did anybody ever tell you that your writing style really matches your location?

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    That would be an awesome story tbh lol!
    Indeed it would be. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually to slightly combine two of your ideas. Kara lands on Themyscira.
    I like the way you think. That would be interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."