Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Given that Sam doesn't get sent to the Age of X-Man it's during or after Disassembled.
    That's cool. I hope we can finally get some sensible chronology in Marvel comics. The position of books like Red, blue, gold, Mr and Mrs x on the timeline has been confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was great. While I wasn’t crazy about the art, it kind of grows on you. And looks much better colored. Still not wild about Kid Cable and how young and tiny he is. Not sure when Nathan hit his big growth spurt because that dude seems quite small for a teenage version of him. He must’ve been a late bloomer.

At any rate, the story was great. I’m intrigued by the mystery man from the future. I suppose it could be adult Cable somehow still alive and pulling yet another bait-and-switch. More likely, however, it’s Stryfe. The only issue with that theory that I can see is that, while putting futuristic weaponry in the hands of modern day soldiers would totally be the Chaos Bringer’s style, creating a safe haven for mutants is not. I mean, he did lead the Mutant Liberation Front, but he always seemed more interested in the carnage and violence than in actually protecting mutants or liberating them even.

We’ll see I suppose...another theory is that it could be Ahab. Since the solicitations show us that he’ll be showing up. Perhaps creating a safe haven for mutants so he can co-opt them and turn them into Hounds. Or more easily exterminate them once gathered in one place. Hell, perhaps he’s pulling Constantin’s strings.
    Perhaps Constantin is Ahab? I do not think he is supposed to be Campbell anymore. He is supposed to be alive already in this timeline.

Y'know what? Screw it. I'll forget Extermination and my principupals or whatever. I'll get the issue next week, and any others that have Boom backups or significant Tabby content. I need food.

https://twitter.com/JUANAN_RAMiREZ/s...76430556909569

BOOM-BOOM FANS ONLY WANT ONE THING AND IT'S FRIGGIN' DISGUSTING!!!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This was great. While I wasn’t crazy about the art, it kind of grows on you. And looks much better colored.
    Agreed. I liked this issue quite a bit.

I agree with those saying that the art looks better colored. I’ll pick this up.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Mighty Member

I'll read pretty much anything with Cable in it. But I wasn't sure about this new Kid Cable, business. But I've enjoyed Brisson's work in the MU so far, so why not?

That said, this was a really good first issue. Loved Domino here. And the Boom Boom short at the end was probably the best part.

Hoping this keeps up this level of quality. Overall a really solid debut.

BANNED

So the 'stiff American' was actually Deathlok with an image inducer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I like the art here. It’s different, but I like the tone it’s setting. It’s also different than what we’re getting on Uncanny, so it can set its own tone, and not look homogeneous.
    I like the different look too. If the book has a darker tone it should fit.

Boom Boom is the best ingredient for any stuffy team book.

I kind of do like the stuffy, moody Dom/Star/Warpath/Sam grouping to contrast the wacky joy of Tabby and Deathlok but I also hope they become more...fun later on? I especially am so used to Shatterstar being a source of comedic relief that I'm a tad disappointed to see his brood factor at 11.

In #2 the X-Force should be eaten by wildebeests so that Boom Boom is beamed up by a laser into Roberto's HQ and it becomes an Avengers book called X-Force and the two of them save Rachel and then they set up the 2020 event.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I like it. Though did Wifi's hair grow longer from how it was in X-terminated?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I like it. Though did Wifi's hair grow longer from how it was in X-terminated?
    Artistic license.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

i did like this issue, but the art was a problem for me. people had long faces and looked too skinny. it wasn't terrible, but it was like ramos' art. servicable, but i hope that it gets better or there is a new artist on it

The fill in artist for issue #5 is someone named Damian Couceiro. I looked him up and his stuff looks pretty good. That’s the Cable backstory issue. Fingers crossed he jumps forward or back in time for awhile and comes back after puberty, not looking like such a little weakling.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Story was good.
    The art was not my cup of tea.
    Seeing Warpath stab people is satisfying