Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The art was good but the story serves no purpose. What the hell happened to AoA's world? Secret Wars?

Honestly if this a stand-alone or not part of this prelude to Age of Nate garbage, I would've given this a 7/10.

P.S. I'm getting sick of this preachy version of Hisako. At she came back so Laura doesn't pull double-duty.
    Fuck the bullshit. This is a steaming pile of Bull Mastiff poop. What does the X editors actually do, because this isn’t even close to decent.

X-Man, yeah
    Sun is down, plotline's old
    That's how we already know, 90's here
    X-Office prolly do it cuz they think it sell
    That's just all they know, they don't know nothin' else
    I tried to show 'em, yeah
    I tried to show 'em, yeah, yeah
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Goin' on you with the pick and roll
    Glob La Flame, it's not Vic but Santo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Huh the writing was fine this issue...but cemented the fact that they could only handle so many characters to make them seem independantly important, which is sad for multiple writers.

It might be the Cali boy in me...but Snoop is now my new favorite poster here on CBR
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I was referencing a post that Jordan D White made on Twitter where he said that Karma was also on the team so it's not 90% white, just 80%
    https://mobile.twitter.com/cracksh0t...30889674334223
    I’m shaking my head

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Glob is ugly and imperfect and he was an outright POS at the start of his character history, but he tries. That's a good start to a highly relatable character right there, so it makes sense that he would catch on. All they have to do is keep letting him grow, keep using him. He was the best part of an issue that was filled (or left nearly empty, rather) with a very, very thin plot and characters that lack compelling motivation.

I've been pro Glob since Lemire.

Also, Nate Grey as a concept (kid from the future, alternate universe, clone of an ALREADY EXISTING kid from the future, Jott baby, messiah figure) is awful and should just be killed off unceremoniously. Stop making characters like this lol.
    Been crying about Nate Grey for years at this forum...a guy who carried a 6 year title on his own. Gambit, Rogue, Emma, Cyclops, Jean, Storm were never even close to doing that. They should of never brought Cable back in truth because Stryfe should of been Nathan Summers at the end of X Cutioner's song. Not that silly retcon crap that white washed Cyclops yet again.

Nate Grey and Threnody had a fun story..he has a great connection to Spider Man, sees Xavier and Magneto differently, should be close to Siryn/Forge, should be connected with Domino since shes so different on this planet, and his arch enemies should be on his list..Sinister, Apocalypse, Holocaust.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The art was good but the story serves no purpose. What the hell happened to AoA's world? Secret Wars?

Honestly if this a stand-alone or not part of this prelude to Age of Nate garbage, I would've given this a 7/10.
    People know that this is a serialized storyline, right? There's another issue next week, one that puts this issue into clearer context.

I've actually already read that issue and it definitely answers the questions that people might have after reading this one, like what's up with the AoA world that this issue takes place in, how much time has passed, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Been crying about Nate Grey for years at this forum...a guy who carried a 6 year title on his own. Gambit, Rogue, Emma, Cyclops, Jean, Storm were never even close to doing that. They should of never brought Cable back in truth because Stryfe should of been Nathan Summers at the end of X Cutioner's song. Not that silly retcon crap that white washed Cyclops yet again.

Nate Grey and Threnody had a fun story..he has a great connection to Spider Man, sees Xavier and Magneto differently, should be close to Siryn/Forge, should be connected with Domino since shes so different on this planet, and his arch enemies should be on his list..Sinister, Apocalypse, Holocaust.
    preach brotha!
    First X-Men comic I ever purchased as a kid was an issue of "X-Man"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    People know that this is a serialized storyline, right? There's another issue next week, one that puts this issue into clearer context.

I've actually already read that issue and it definitely answers the questions that people might have after reading this one, like what's up with the AoA world that this issue takes place in, how much time has passed, and so on.
    Quite honestly, its been 7 issues and the story still makes no sense to me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post

Oh yeah, I forgot that. Was it actually selling?

That’s kind of amazing

I like Nate too btw

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess the good news would be there's only three more confusing issues left!

While I do get that there's a lot going on here, I personally don't find it confusing, per se. I think when people say they find this storyline "confusing" I think they're actually voicing a frustration of "I don't know where this is all going" as opposed to them not understanding what's happening from scene to scene or issue to issue.

As a reader, I also don't know where this is all going. But that isn't a source of frustration for me. I'm enjoying the progression of the story enough to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I guess the good news would be there's only three more confusing issues left!

While I do get that there's a lot going on here, I personally don't find it confusing, per se. I think when people say they find this storyline "confusing" I think they're actually voicing a frustration of "I don't know where this is all going" as opposed to them not understanding what's happening from scene to scene or issue to issue.

As a reader, I also don't know where this is all going. But that isn't a source of frustration for me. I'm enjoying the progression of the story enough to stick with it.
    well I didnt say it was confusing. Its very basic. Alot of characters are acting out of characters, its highly repetitive and alot of choices made simply dont make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    His reasoning is about the same as Ben Reilly's in The Clone Conspiracy, insofar as being created, shaped, and tortured by a megalomaniacal monster so he could become a weapon and desperately trying to validate what's left of his own existence by styling himself into a messianic figure that's going to make more of a difference than the heroes he's opposing ever did. All that's left to do now is wait for the inevitable psychotic breakdown when he realizes said heroes will never join him, no matter how tempting (he thinks) the world he wants to create would be for them.
    Nate seems sincere here even if he's going about 'saving the world' in a psychotic way.
    xmanreasons.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's already explained . There is a sense to this story.

X-Man is dying (but no reason was given) and he wants to change the world into a happier place because his original world was hellish.

It would have been better if Marvel explained why he is dying and there should at least be a fight scene between Legion and X-Man.

Legion just came in and banish him into his world without any fight. Morever, Marvel didn't explain what happened to the rest of the X-Men, I guess we will know in the next 3 issues.

Remember when a bunch of gays rallied to get a queer X-man leading a queer X-men team?