Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Thompson’s annoyed tweet from three months ago about how we’re all pre-hating for nothing because the story is much more unexpected than the solicitations suggested aged well.
    Twitter was a mistake.
    "The new Uncanny line up has Moonstar and Karma. That's 2 minorities, so there!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Twitter was a mistake.
    "The new Uncanny line up has Moonstar and Karma. That's 2 minorities, so there!"
    You say that like you’ve finally found those two extra tokens that’ll let you play PAC-man on the arcade machine see THIS is what people mean by being the “token Asian girl” or “token Native American” like ok I see you and I know you’re at least there but are you going to do anything impactful or just stay as wallpaper

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    i thought age of x-man is supposed to start after issue 10 and not in issue 7. Lol.

It's obvious that x-man won't be killed by armor next issue because x-man is seen in later issues.

So what's the point of this issue?
    right!!! That was my whole mood the entire time while i was reading it

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    You say that like you’ve finally found those two extra tokens that’ll let you play PAC-man on the arcade machine see THIS is what people mean by being the “token Asian girl” or “token Native American” like ok I see you and I know you’re at least there but are you going to do anything impactful or just stay as wallpaper
    I was referencing a post that Jordan D White made on Twitter where he said that Karma was also on the team so it's not 90% white, just 80%
    https://mobile.twitter.com/cracksh0t...30889674334223

BANNED

If you want to know how little the writers/editors care about any of the students not named Armor or Glob: in his fight with Rockslide, Glob refers to him as “Vic”.

If you want to know how little the writers/editors care about any of the students not named Armor or Glob: in his fight with Rockslide, Glob refers to him as “Vic”.
    Wow.

There are no words

Astonishing Member

I dont even know how to respond to that

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I honestly hate Armor and the fact that this issue was entirely the kids did nothing to endear it to me.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Yep. Rockslide =/= Anole.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Now I’m imagining Anole and Glob fighting and how that would’ve made a lot more thematic sense than Santo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno, I think that Amazing Spider-Man 700 might still hold that trophy.
    true

IKR!

I AM VIC!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The art was good but the story serves no purpose. What the hell happened to AoA's world? Secret Wars?

Honestly if this a stand-alone or not part of this prelude to Age of Nate garbage, I would've given this a 7/10.

P.S. I'm getting sick of this preachy version of Hisako. At she came back so Laura doesn't pull double-duty.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 12-26-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Benchwarmers can't become stars without meaningfully playing time
    Not every benchwarmer is a diamond in the rough. This issue was silly. What a mess this relaunch of Uncanny has turned out to be.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Imagine having three writers and none of them can come up with plots to fill 10 issues.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >I thought the art was beautiful!
    >How much time has passed? Jesus-Man himself doesn't know but he isn't the most stable person. Months or years? Glob keeps getting stuck in these alternate realities for long periods of time. I wish he'd stay in one forever. And Jesus-Man has been walking around barefoot in a literal Post-Apocalypse for months? Damn.
    >We got inside Jesus-Man's head for the first time minus all the messiah BS he's spouting. I can understand his reasoning as put forward here... twisted though it may b.
    >The X-Kids weren't horrible here.
    >I guess this cliffhanger gets immediately negated by Legion bringing them back home, Jesus-Man repowering and hating the 616 even more, and ushering in his New Age.
    His reasoning is about the same as Ben Reilly's in The Clone Conspiracy, insofar as being created, shaped, and tortured by a megalomaniacal monster so he could become a weapon and desperately trying to validate what's left of his own existence by styling himself into a messianic figure that's going to make more of a difference than the heroes he's opposing ever did. All that's left to do now is wait for the inevitable psychotic breakdown when he realizes said heroes will never join him, no matter how tempting (he thinks) the world he wants to create would be for them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.