Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Glob is ugly and imperfect and he was an outright POS at the start of his character history, but he tries. That's a good start to a highly relatable character right there, so it makes sense that he would catch on. All they have to do is keep letting him grow, keep using him. He was the best part of an issue that was filled (or left nearly empty, rather) with a very, very thin plot and characters that lack compelling motivation.

I've been pro Glob since Lemire.

Also, Nate Grey as a concept (kid from the future, alternate universe, clone of an ALREADY EXISTING kid from the future, Jott baby, messiah figure) is awful and should just be killed off unceremoniously. Stop making characters like this lol.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 12-26-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Not a good issue. Still not caring about Glob and Hisako feels off. Poor Santo and Pixie are getting dragged into this crapfest.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    No, we wanted 'New X-Men', not the 'Glob and Armor' show.
    The gag is when it comes to responding to future criticisms about having the kids in more prominent roles, TPTB will go back to all the negative complaints issued here when that was actually done

I think this might be the greatest example of "Monkey's Paw" i've ever seen....

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Astonishing Member

This is content without substance. Same as return of (what ever wolverine that is). I'm worryed part 2 is just going to be cyclops and Logan doing cool stuff for the sake of looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I forgot it's Wednesday, thanks god I did, anything else coming out today?
    Superior spiderman. FF, Xforce, that's it. Every other publisher saw this as the day after xmas and moved there releases to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I think this might be the greatest example of "Monkey's Paw" i've ever seen....

I dunno, I think that Amazing Spider-Man 700 might still hold that trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    This is what everyone wanted, no!? The X-Brats not beig wallpaper??

Now let's get back to Legion and the X-Men.
    Certamente not but probably writers and editors will simply say that young mutants do not sell though by now they should have understood that (un)lovable losers do not sell as a concept or at least that's what I understood with the last incarnation of Generation X.

And certainly a story filler of arc transition in an alternate reality that will have no consequences does not help much.

Leaving those points aside was not a bad story although think they should have focused more on the division of opinions on both sides of the discussion and how aspiring X-men or heroes view these choices.

The Red Dragon

So is this called Disassembled because they cherry picked out the most pointless and overused X-Men tropes and threw it all against a wall to see what sticks?

Astonishing Member

I liked this more than most issues of the last decade

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Wasnt 15 years too late to make X-Twitter love Glob. Or to being back Bishop to the X-Men. Time and comic books aren't correlated when it comes to "if we can make them popular or not." Also, what are you talking about?
    Glob and Bishop aren't lame though. Plus Bishop has been aroind way longer than the New X-Men and he was in far mor prominent stories that actually mattered. At his lowest point his fanbase was beyond theirs so a comback for him was nothing. Point is if they could make them popular they would have, but they can't because they're boooring. I hate to say that, but what is there to them? Their powers aren't nearly as interesting as many of the other twerps around them. Even Aaron wnd Bendis' kids hqd more interesting abilities and personalities.

Last time, I saw Hellion he was an inhuman lab rat for the traitor McCoy. What happened to him?

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I'm surprised the entire issue was focused on the X-kids trying to get back to 616 earth. It felt like a fast read and somethings felt like they came outta nowhere, I wonder did Legion cause the X-man to be power depleted in the AOA world?

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I'm surprised the entire issue was focused on the X-kids trying to get back to 616 earth. It felt like a fast read and somethings felt like they came outta nowhere, I wonder did Legion cause the X-man to be power depleted in the AOA world?
    They never explain WHY he's powerless - or why the kids seem convinced that he'd regain his power should he return to 616.

The several months/years timeskip comes at a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Glob is ugly and imperfect and he was an outright POS at the start of his character history, but he tries. That's a good start to a highly relatable character right there, so it makes sense that he would catch on. All they have to do is keep letting him grow, keep using him.

I've been pro Glob since Lemire.
    Most of his entire character arc is that he thinks he’s ugly and useless, power-wise. Besides that being horribly inconsistent from appearance to appearance (take Mojo’s one-shot for example), he already had a relationship with Sprite and his first appearances consisted of him joining in on a riot against the teachers. Glob’s been a dick who knows he isn’t jut a guy with “bad” powers up until Brisson got his hands on him. Even Lemire wrote Glob consistently.

Eh. I'm still not bored with this event per se, but I am counting down the issues until we hit the AoXM minis.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Glob and Bishop aren't lame though. Plus Bishop has been aroind way longer than the New X-Men and he was in far mor prominent stories that actually mattered. At his lowest point his fanbase was beyond theirs so a comback for him was nothing. Point is if they could make them popular they would have, but they can't because they're boooring. I hate to say that, but what is there to them? Their powers aren't nearly as interesting as many of the other twerps around them. Even Aaron wnd Bendis' kids hqd more interesting abilities and personalities.

Last time, I saw Hellion he was an inhuman lab rat for the traitor McCoy. What happened to him?
    You do have to at least realize that is largely subjective. You’d struggle to find too many people that think Glob isn’t lame but the kids who held their own series for 63 issues plus starring roles in several minis were “lame.” You may not like them but they are far from boring and there’s a reason a lot of fans are still attached to the series. Hell, that’s why we have this whole subplot to begin with. Because a lot of Academy X and Childhood’s End fans clamor for these characters to be prominent again.

Also, the Inhumans healed him up and Julian replayed them with volunteer service at the hospital. He’s been back with the X-Men since Phoenix Res.