Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Nate seems sincere here even if he's going about 'saving the world' in a psychotic way.
    Attachment 75414
    Yeah, so did Ben, which just made his breakdown all the starker and more tragic. Really hoping that's not what happens with Nate, but it does seem pretty inevitable, based on previous precedent.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So, Nate grey said he was dying. But gets teleports to AoA and remains alive for years. OK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So, Nate grey said he was dying. But gets teleports to AoA and remains alive for years. OK.
    You might want to wait until reading next week's issue before lodging that complaint.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    People know that this is a serialized storyline, right? There's another issue next week, one that puts this issue into clearer context.

I've actually already read that issue and it definitely answers the questions that people might have after reading this one, like what's up with the AoA world that this issue takes place in, how much time has passed, and so on.

Well excuse me for not being able to see into the future, Doctor Who. Geez.

As of now this one is like a 5/10.

BANNED

Spoilers or it didn't happen. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I give it a 6/10 because Legion and Glob.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If you want to know how little the writers/editors care about any of the students not named Armor or Glob: in his fight with Rockslide, Glob refers to him as “Vic”.
    Hate to play devil's advocate on this one, but couldn't it be a (sorta nonsensical) jab at Rockslide's last name? I honestly wouldn't put it past Glob to truly thing that was cool and/or badass.

Mighty Member

Didn’t enjoy this issue or storyline so far. I don’t understand how Legion just teleported him back to his world. He could have done that at the start. I’d find it more interesting if Legion and X-man had swapped bodies and it was Legion trying to change the world and x-man was trying to use the other personalities to stop him. This issue was filler. Art wasn’t great. Story wasn’t great. Let’s see if next week’s issue is better

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Didn’t enjoy this issue or storyline so far. I don’t understand how Legion just teleported him back to his world. He could have done that at the start. I’d find it more interesting if Legion and X-man had swapped bodies and it was Legion trying to change the world and x-man was trying to use the other personalities to stop him. This issue was filler. Art wasn’t great. Story wasn’t great. Let’s see if next week’s issue is better
    Does anybody believe “X-Men Disassembled” is going to see the whole fraternity of X-Men teams just break-up and go away? That’s what happened to the Avengers. I think to take that title, Marvel have to do something like that.

lol I feel like Armor is usually included in the Academy X holy grail of 'students need moar page time' until she actually gets exposure.

Anyway, this was pretty dull. There was nothing really striking about this change in scenery to really justify the narrative crash landing (and I *like* these characters). I have my complaints with Rosenberg, but I know all three writers can do better than this.

Alternate universes are not worth it if you're not doing something daring with it (and no, tacky costume changes and bad haircuts are not daring...that just makes it X-Men Gold).

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

They’re just shoveling crap down our throats at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    lol I feel like Armor is usually included in the Academy X holy grail of 'students need moar page time' until she actually gets exposure.
    You think so? I always put her in the “Armor, Pixie, X-23” trifecta of New X-Men that don’t need more page time because they are always getting that student/junior X-Man role. That “students who desperately need more page time” crew should be Dust, Mercury, Surge, and arguably Hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Glob is ugly and imperfect and he was an outright POS at the start of his character history, but he tries. That's a good start to a highly relatable character right there, so it makes sense that he would catch on. All they have to do is keep letting him grow, keep using him. He was the best part of an issue that was filled (or left nearly empty, rather) with a very, very thin plot and characters that lack compelling motivation. I've been pro Glob since Lemire. Also, Nate Grey as a concept (kid from the future, alternate universe, clone of an ALREADY EXISTING kid from the future, Jott baby, messiah figure) is awful and should just be killed off unceremoniously. Stop making characters like this lol.
    Eh I feel like at this point&the X Office will literally push any str8 white male narrative over an alternative.
    Glob exists so they'll have a backdoor for SWM to remain*on top"How else would you explain NuPyros blinds admittance to the team? Or the Biiiig push for Ink
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Remember when a bunch of gays rallied to get a queer X-man leading a queer X-men team?
    ohhhhh yeah I remember that...man they really do own everything

.if the same energy was put into developing minOrity chars it'd be nice
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-27-2018 at 03:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Hate to play devil's advocate on this one, but couldn't it be a (sorta nonsensical) jab at Rockslide's last name? I honestly wouldn't put it past Glob to truly thing that was cool and/or badass.
    That's literally the excuse Rosenberg came up with when asked on Twitter.

Even though no one has EVER called him that before that I can remember.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Well, even if I hadn't already read next week's book, my reaction to complaints about certain things not being explained in this issue would still be "you know there's more story to come, right?"

Most of the complaints on this are like people continually storming out of a movie at ten minute intervals and calling the movie garbage every time because whatever segment of the movie they just watched didn't give them all the answers they wanted yet. Just keep watching - the story's not over.

I feel like some fans would have been better off just waiting until all ten issues were done and read them all in one lump sitting. It would probably cut down the complaining by, like 80%.