Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Black Panther vs Black Manta

This had to happen and you guys know it did. MCU and DCEU versions.

Both are armored up black men that were initially driven to avenge their fathers death (although Manta and his dad are scumbags).

Fight takes place in standard arena.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-21-2018 at 04:31 AM.

Depends on what Panther is wearing these days equipment wise.

Ultimate Member

Just edited it.

Its the movie versions.

unless that suit enhances Manta's speed past 'trained human," Panther is gonna wreck
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, if he gets a direct hit with his eye beams then he might take the odd round but this is very much in T'Challa's favour.

T'Challa for sure.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don`t get why people are so sure T'Challa is gonna take this? Aquaman is far stronger than T'Challa and Black Manta in his suit gave him an extremely hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I don`t get why people are so sure T'Challa is gonna take this? Aquaman is far stronger than T'Challa and Black Manta in his suit gave him an extremely hard time.
    I mean... did he?

Aquaman spent most of that fight running away rather than trying to fight, didn't have any weapons, took multiple hits from the eye beams and kept trucking and still killed the ever-loving **** out of Black Manta. Like it was grim how hard he killed him.

Give Aquaman a trident and make the fight in place with civilians and he would cook Black Manta even easier.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean... did he?

Aquaman spent most of that fight running away rather than trying to fight, didn't have any weapons, took multiple hits from the eye beams and kept trucking and still killed the ever-loving **** out of Black Manta. Like it was grim how hard he killed him.
    spoilers:
    Actually he didn't. It was shown in a mid-credits scene that Black Manta survived that encounter.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, Manta can fly using his backpack. He can just fly up into the air where T'challa can't get him and zap him with his eye beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist
    I don`t get why people are so sure T'Challa is gonna take this?
    Mainly because of that Panther suit. Since it absorbs kinetic energy it's really hard to get through.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

His eyebeams destroyed rocks that's really it

Tchalla decimates him significantly faster, more skilled, and his vibranium is going to make mince meat of David

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Now it's nice that Black Manta got lasers powerful enough to blow up a small hill fueled by freaking water and blades that can pierce Aquaman's flesh...But I'm still thinking T'Challa gets it.

Black Panther is shown to be faster and yeah, that vibranium suit is still rather nifty with it's whole absorbing blows and releasing energy thing.

And yeah, Manta's best hope is to get a direct shot from the eye beams. Thing is can he really hit T'Challa with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Now it's nice that Black Manta got lasers powerful enough to blow up a small hill fueled by freaking water and blades that can pierce Aquaman's flesh...But I'm still thinking T'Challa gets it.

Black Panther is shown to be faster and yeah, that vibranium suit is still rather nifty with it's whole absorbing blows and releasing energy thing.

And yeah, Manta's best hope is to get a direct shot from the eye beams. Thing is can he really hit T'Challa with it?
    Actually, this is the Arena right? Not much cover. How fast can Manta fire consecutive beams? Panther is fast but not CBPH fast or above imo
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    spoilers:
    Actually he didn't. It was shown in a mid-credits scene that Black Manta survived that encounter.
    end of spoilers
    Haha, really? Me and my friends left immediately and didn't stick around through the credits.

Manta still got wrecked really bad in that fight.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-23-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Actually, this is the Arena right? Not much cover. How fast can Manta fire consecutive beams? Panther is fast but not CBPH fast or above imo
    To be honest, I thought those beams were not fast enough to fire. Arthur took burns and got his ass knocked back but yeah, he wised up on not taking those beams on and had enough time to land the attack that put Manta out for good before he could fire a shot, though granted we don't know if the damage Arthur did to Manta's suit prior to that affected his firing rate

Incredible Member

Haha, really? Me and my friends left immediately and stick around through the credits.
    Really. Here is a breakdown of the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ZiVwXKXyg

Manta still got wrecked really bad in that fight.
    True, but I think we need to remember that not only was the battle-suit a prototype (meaning it probably still had some bugs to work out), it was also Manta's first time wearing it. Next time he shows up he'll likely have had more time to get used to it and make some improvements.