Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
    BANNED

Hickman claiming Rachel is not Omega is a (minor) misstep IMO. I've read her too long and seen too much of the crazy shit she can do when she so much breaks a nail. Either they've nerfed her a bit over the last 15 years, which is very possible, or Krakoa 3-D printed her with a baseline power set.*

* - this is pure HoX speculation lol, I have not read anything beyond last week's issues same as anyone else

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It wasn’t just that Phoenix Sword was a boring cardboard, but they are introduced as both being non-consensually attracted to one another and Brubaker goes right ahead (and Yost after him) and writes it like that doesn’t matter because they’re star-crossed lovers.
    Chris Yost is one of at least 15 passable writers who got far too important jobs in the X-office because they had a popular cartoon background and/or kept the trains running on time.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I would have enjoyed Rachel exploring more than her kiss with Red Lotus. I also would be down for a Danny Rand connection. Or Warpath, as it seemed that was the direction they were going in before she was coerced into mating with spacebird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would have enjoyed Rachel exploring more than her kiss with Red Lotus. I also would be down for a Danny Rand connection. Or Warpath, as it seemed that was the direction they were going in before she was coerced into mating with spacebird.
    In which book did you read that?

BANNED

I can get behind the idea of trying to place Rachel into another book or an Avengers title. It's sensible. I remember the dark days, pre-Remender IIRC, when I was so desperate for more Psylocke exposure I thought she'd make a great choice for Daredevil's next girlfriend. (It was a good idea!)

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I can get behind the idea of trying to place Rachel into another book or an Avengers title. It's sensible. I remember the dark days, pre-Remender IIRC, when I was so desperate for more Psylocke exposure I thought she'd make a great choice for Daredevil's next girlfriend. (It was a good idea!)
    Being Matt Murdock's girlfriend is never a good idea.

Rachel not being Omega is the one Omega thing I greatly disagree with, given what she has done.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rachel not being Omega is the one Omega thing I greatly disagree with, given what she has done.
    Agree completely!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Seconded!
    I honestly feel that Omega list was so reductive.

Astonishing Member

I see Rachel, Jean, healthy Cable, X-Man and Quentin as all equals pretty much. All genetically ideal Phoenix hosts.

edit:

My biggest disagreement with the Omega list is Xorn not being there. He can do anything Magneto can do, + destroy stuff with a black hole and is a healer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Being Matt Murdock's girlfriend is never a good idea.
    At this point is better not try to put Rachel with another male love interest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I see Rachel, Jean, healthy Cable, X-Man and Quentin as all equals pretty much. All genetically ideal Phoenix hosts.

edit:

My biggest disagreement with the Omega list is Xorn not being there. He can do anything Magneto can do, + destroy stuff with a black hole and is a healer too.
    What has Quentin ever done that would qualify him to be an Omega?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    At this point is better not try to put Rachel with another male love interest
    Care to explain why not?
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-06-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel's love interests:

- Guy who will be her future slave owner/torturer
    - Sword freak who she was in love with against her will
    - Sentient bacteria who killed her mom
    - Uncle Kurt who has no soul

But mention a girl and editorial will think that's going too far.
    It's Rachel who is a problem, it's Rachel who has a problem with writers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What has Quentin ever done that would qualify him to be an Omega?

Care to explain why not?
    Become a Jason Aaron pet character? That's all you really need to be overpowered as hell.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    In which book did you read that?
    The way that she and Jimmy were interacting during the first part of RAFTOSE lent readers to think that would be a direction they were going. A few of my friends and I felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's Rachel who is a problem, it's Rachel who has a problem with writers.
    I don't know what you mean. How would Rachel have a problem with her writers? And no, I don't think Rachel is the problem, just as I don't think any character is a problem given the right motivation and writer.