Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. She should never have returned home with the rest of the X-men in Legacy. They should have transitioned her over to Guardians as I think she'd do well in cosmic adventures
    We can hem and haw about every decision writers have ever made, but the fact remains they made them. She's on Earth, and currently the sex toy of one of the biggest psychopaths in Marvel, with exactly zero of her former teammates giving two shits on panel.

Editorial should be ashamed of this bullcrap.

IA. She should never have returned home with the rest of the X-men in Legacy. They should have transitioned her over to Guardians as I think she'd do well in cosmic adventures
    Not when everyone she's connected to are in the X-Men. I wouldn't have any interest in reading Rachel in comics outside of the X-books and Rachel really appeals to the type of fans who like the personal drama and character driven stories that are more typical of X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It was more of a disrespect to Jean, and one that isn't entirely relevant anymore. Also, they already worked through the issue and Scott admitted feeling proud that she was using her mother's name. I don't see a reason as to why she would continue to hold the grudge, especially if many Rachel fans feel as if Jean is acting without empathy towards her. It doesn't seem to be helping the family dynamic.
    They are thinking wrong, because Jean showed that she cared about Rachel.

I don't think change the name from Grey to Summers will help anything on the family

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Not when everyone she's connected to are in the X-Men. I wouldn't have any interest in reading Rachel in comics outside of the X-books and Rachel really appeals to the type of fans who like the personal drama and character driven stories that are more typical of X-books.
    Given she hasnt faired well with the X-men it wouldnt have been the worst idea to expand her and establish connections in the larger MU

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Quoted for being total crap

This is 100% on the writers and editors..they have positioned her into her present circumstance. It can't be on anyone else because there is no one else involved. These are fictional characters created and written by writers of fiction.
    The real tragedy for Rachel is that her place in X-media has totally been usurped by Cable. With him around, she'll never get a fair shot. Honestly, her origin needs some kind of a rework. She needs a hook.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are thinking wrong, because Jean showed that she cared about Rachel.

I don't think change the name from Grey to Summers will help anything on the family
    I think it's more of a flaw related to the writing of the final issue. So much to tell and conclude in one small comic. Still, it's a problem they should have had oversight for. Part of me thinks Brisson did it on purpose for his X-force comic.

While it might not fix the problem, it might be aligned with Marvel's attempt to remove any reminder of that part of X-men history. One I wouldn't mind at all.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I think it's more of a flaw related to the writing of the final issue. So much to tell and conclude in one small comic. Still, it's a problem they should have had oversight for. Part of me thinks Brisson did it on purpose for his X-force comic.

While it might not fix the problem, it might be aligned with Marvel's attempt to remove any reminder of that part of X-men history. One I wouldn't mind at all.
    Of course Brisson wrote extermination as prequel to X-force. obvious is obvious
    It is basically impossible to writer for x-men when writers can't work out the continuity

Remove what? That happened and shouldn't be erased

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Given she hasnt faired well with the X-men it wouldnt have been the worst idea to expand her and establish connections in the larger MU
    It's not that she hasn't faired well. It's that she didn't have anything to do. She has a very generic powerset, and the alternate universe/troubled future storyline has been done to death. It didn't help that they put her in a terrible costume and gave her a terrible codename. "Prestige"? She looked like a caped bellhop. She was like a Character actor contracted to a soap opera whose character hasn't been given a meaningful storyline in ages, but still retained a certain level of popularity with the fans.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It's not that she hasn't faired well. It's that she didn't have anything to do. She has a very generic powerset, and the alternate universe/troubled future storyline has been done to death. It didn't help that they put her in a terrible costume and gave her a terrible codename. "Prestige"? She looked like a caped bellhop. She was like a Character actor contracted to a soap opera whose character hasn't been given a meaningful storyline in ages, but still retained a certain level of popularity with the fans.
    Same difference. Rachel's time with the X-men since her return has been unremarkable and she's made little in the way of significant character development

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Of course Brisson wrote extermination as prequel to X-force. obvious is obvious
    It is basically impossible to writer for x-men when writers can't work out the continuity

Remove what? That happened and shouldn't be erased
    Post morrison Scott. It doesn't seem to be apart of Marvel's current vision. Although some of this is just speculation at this point and slight paranoia. I'm all for maintaining continuity and the avoidance of retcons, but the name thing still bugs me to be honest. More on Scott than Rachel.

As a side note, I feel I may have sidelined the conversation here, I'm sorry for that. With respect to the thread and the creator, we should just go back to the topic.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

It was more of a disrespect to Jean, and one that isn't entirely relevant anymore. Also, they already worked through the issue and Scott admitted feeling proud that she was using her mother's name. I don't see a reason as to why she would continue to hold the grudge, especially if many Rachel fans feel as if Jean is acting without empathy towards her. It doesn't seem to be helping the family dynamic.
    Well, Jean also disrespected Scott... don't forget that.
    Besides, I think there's no doubt that Scott feels a lot more love for Rachel than Jean has ever shown since she found out about her daughter back in the 1990s.

Incredible Member

Same difference. Rachel's time with the X-men since her return has been unremarkable and she's made little in the way of significant character development
    That would be failure on writers and editors part. Not only she didnt get any development but she was regressed and had a fair amount of her past development removed in name of whatever they were trying to do.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This is what I wrote to it: On the subject of Rachel's post traumatic stress disorder.

Waitaminute, I thought the whole Ahab Kurt and hound thing was just Wade being an asshole in his imagination.

And wasn't Kurt just going through an emotional crisis himself when they were just getting together? Two troubled souls having a relationship together could have been interesting. Seeing them both stumble and mess up then help each other cope would have been different from the usual power couple.

Anyway, like Sundown said treating mental illness and trauma has never been the X-Men's strong suit period. I do agree that Rachel gets blamed as just some crazy woman and as not having a legit reason for being a bit troubled.

I don't know why the thread was deleted. It wasn't being disrespectful or anything.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 12-21-2018 at 10:38 PM.

I’m not a huge Rachel fan (I don’t dislike her either) but I don’t think being a derivative of jean or having the sameness powers is a good enough excuse for her treatment.

Otherwise the same thing would apply to x-23 and other wolverine derivatives. Writers just have to care enough to give her a purpose and an Identity.

Again I don’t care about Rachel one or the others- if she disappears I won’t bat an eye- but I think it’s more fair to say her poor treatment is lack of writer interest or effort and not just that she’s “too much like jean.”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Whahaha, no way! Hope is way cooler than Rachel.

I think Rachel is way better of being a hound now, as that was always the way it would end with her anyways.

When she was just introduced she was cool, butt a savior of mutants? Nope that role would not fit the one who once tracked down mutants.
    Except she'd stopped being someone who tracked down mutants.