Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No one even called out Kurt over it too. Jean literally read his mind, not intentionally, and was mum about the fact that Kurt ignored his instincts because he wanted to have sex with Rachel.

I get it.

Rachel is gorgeous and they have a ton of history.

That still doesn't excuse him just rolling with it when he should known better as he knows her history and trauma because it is a rare chance to screw someone like Rachel.

And you're right.

Rachel being apathetic about it afterwards and just ending it heavily implies that it either wasn't consensual sex or she isn't even sure if it was or wasn't which reminds her of her being forced to screw Korvus in the past.
    Korvus? I have no idea about this.

I don't think Jean read his mind. Jean was on kytty wedding where they were together as a couple. She saw them together. See, writers don't read otehr books and editors never bother to fix.
    If Jean was going to call him out it should be on Gold

Guggemheim was really bad. I don't think Kurt would ever do this. Editors just let him roll with it, I blame it on Paniccia

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I don’t know why this Tnread made me emotional and frustrated at the same time. I wasn’t a big fan of Rachel .. so I never paid much attention to her characterisation and complexity but this thread just made me realise how messed the whole situation is.

The X-Men have a habit of ignoring mental illness signs. Literally, all of them r suffering one thing or another but they all ignore it ... I know it’s mostly writers not wanting to address it, but mentall illness is very prevalent in today’s society and since the X-Men is all about reflecting real life problems .. mental illness should be something they discuss.

Starting with Warren, Rachel and Scott.
    The X-Men uses to handle current issues to keep things tied to modern things.

Mental illness is a huge issue currently in places like the USA yet Marvel constantly drops the ball. They continue to shun and ignore it like they're back in a time where no one dared acknowledge it and victims had to suffer in silence.

The old X-Men writing would have tackled it head on.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Korvus? I have no idea about this.

I don't think Jean read his mind. Jean was on kytty wedding where they were together as a couple. She saw them together. See, writers don't read otehr books and editors never bother to fix.
    If Jean was going to call him out it should be on Gold

Guggemheim was really bad. I don't think Kurt would ever do this. Editors just let him roll with it, I blame it on Paniccia

Korvus and Rachel were a thing due to Phoenix fragments. Rachel constantly told Korvus No but the Phoenix fragments forced them to give in to a forced lust and become sexually active lovers. It wasn't consensual for Korvus or Rachel. Thanks to the Phoenix neither could say No as the fragments wanted to be joined which in their case was through sex.

In Red Jean says that she knows Kurt loves Rachel as he was screaming it in his head constantly about his time with Rachel in Gold. It wasn't intentional.

Mighty Member

The X-Men uses to handle current issues to keep things tied to modern things.

Mental illness is a huge issue currently in places like the USA yet Marvel constantly drops the ball. They continue to shun and ignore it like they're back in a time where no one dared acknowledge it and victims had to suffer in silence.

The old X-Men writing would have tackled it head on.
    I know right!!

The state of X-Books is whack.

Rachel already saved her timeline and prevented 616 from ever becoming it.

What's with all these mind wipe or de-age and age up suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Whahaha, no way! Hope is way cooler than Rachel.

I think Rachel is way better of being a hound now, as that was always the way it would end with her anyways.

When she was just introduced she was cool, butt a savior of mutants? Nope that role would not fit the one who once tracked down mutants.
    Are you seriously victim blaming Rachel for being forced as a Hound that it mentally broke her so badly that Ahab put her in the camps as a cool off period until he could use her again?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Even if they did do something like this, and it's insane that they didn't, it wouldn't ring true because in Uncanny everyone's just chillin'. There's no way around this. You can't do something like this and expect people to buy that the characters who should be doing something are just twiddling their thumbs so they can resolve it in another book. And this is all to seed an X-Force plot that's been done two other times within the same year.
    Yea it really is one of those things that I really hate when it comes to plot points like this. It makes absolutely no sense how this is not something that they try to do something about once able. It’s just like how in Generation X, they found out about Mobet early into the series yet did nothing about it until **** hit the fan and she came after them. Meanwhile over in Spider-Man, the whole Queenpin thing with Black Cat in which Peter knew had been Doc Ock’s fault yet rather than dealing with that, instead ignored it, built a company up, went globe trotting and just waited for it to solve itself (which it just kinda did between Venom Inc and Defenders). And those are just a few in the recent few years. Sure there’s the prospect of wanting instant gratification, but in situations like these, why are these issues not treated with more urgency?

Mighty Member

Rachel already saved her timeline and prevented 616 from ever becoming it.
    You misunderstand. I'm not talking about her preventing 616 from becoming DOFP. I'm talking about her preventing DOFP from becoming DOFP.

The DOFP Earth isn't--and never was--a possible future of Earth-616. That's why when the X-Men prevented Kelly's assassination waaaay back in Uncanny #142, the DOFP future didn't simply wink out of existence. Rachel learned that the hard way when she came to 616 herself and learned that Jean had died. In her timeline, Jean didn't commit suicide at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Instead, she and Scott got married and had Rachel.

What I'm suggesting is Rachel going back to finish the job she started--to prevent the DOFP dystopia from ever happening at all. That means going back to an earlier point in the DOFP timeline, NOT 616.

The fact that the X-Office isn't capitalizing on their own "Heroes in Crisis" (minus the needless death and ableism) by having Doc Samson and Danger start up therapy sessions for some of the teachers and students is beyond me. The way characters like Rachel, Hellion, Magik, Cyclops, Anole, and others are often vilified for their PTSD instead of actually being able to get resources that might help them is just another blunder with the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Whahaha, no way! Hope is way cooler than Rachel.

I think Rachel is way better of being a hound now, as that was always the way it would end with her anyways.

When she was just introduced she was cool, butt a savior of mutants? Nope that role would not fit the one who once tracked down mutants.
    Ok, just I like Rachel better.

Always being a hound is due to the lack of creativeness of writers.

She didn’t willingly track down mutants and just because of this her being the savior will be a cool story of redemption.

Both are derivatives of Jean, she is a Phoenix host and has bonded with Nathan way before Hope was created. It’s kind of redundant to introduce another similar redhead. I don’t deny the messiah trilogy is a great story, but Hope is not the great part of it in my opinion.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I never noticed how quickly the X-office resorts to turning Rachael back into a hound these last few years till this thread. They gotta do better.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

How to solve the Rachel issue?
    1: Leave her in Limbo for a while...a year, or longer.
    2: Get a writer who knows the character, who can write the character, who wants the character to excel and progress. (They currently do not work at Marvel, unfortunately.)
    3: Have him/her write a limited series featuring Rachel. Have her break/resolve her own hound training...for good...by confronting and absolutely defeating Ahab.
    4: Have her accept the PF, on her own terms (yes, again, and if Jean has an issue with that, she can FO). Then...basically acknowledge that she is beyond the "Jean and Scott and Me" family dream...that shyt was old and tired before Claremont left.
    5: Gather her own team (a la Excalibur) and go do her own thing in her own ongoing.

Basically give her the Claremont treatment when he wrote her out of UXM and into Excalibur...except not as the tragic victim but instead as the master of her own destiny.

* Avengers vs X-Men. Rachel is forced to relive her time as a Hound and track mutants. Rachel doesn't want to do this but is not allowed to refuse and it isn't ever addressed afterward over how screwed up that was. Or how it mentally scarred her.
    Not to mention that Wolverine gave her **** for tracking the mutants who were on the Avengers' side.
    While he was the one who first asked her to track Hope, so he could murder her.

Limbo better not be with Ahab.

She isn't the type to sit around either when things hit the fan.

A temporary mindwipe, to help her cope with being used by Ahab again, and sending her to finish college would be a much better limbo until they figure out what to do with her and than restore her memories and healed mind would be acceptable.

Have Jean secretly check up on Rachel occasionally to monitor the recovery of her mind.

Mighty Member

Let's kill her off and replace her with a teen version! That way, we can get the sibling rivalry with Cable we all wanted to see! We can now torment Jean and Scott that way!

Sarcasm, what's that?

It is crazy that DC thoroughly beat Marvel to that. Many Marvel characters suffer mental illness and a fee are up there with Rachel. Yet no treatment or any resources to help them.

It is disgusting how PTSD is treated like the victims are at fault as we constantly see with those like Rachel

----

Indeed. No one called out Wolverine on that. Instead Rachel was victim blamed and shamed yet again when she was being forced to do stuff she didn't want to do.